Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The festival is going to go Transgender next year. Give it a couple of years and it will be the gay equivalent of Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ronan O'Gara indicating a move from the Dome to the MTU on Morning Ireland

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Glad to see the rose of Tralee moving with the times. Just a bit of fun at the end of the day, so many people take it far too seriously! Hopefully it will all go ahead next summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Read the first 6 words of this and got far too excited to think ROG was coming back to Munster!! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Please don’t spread false news in a further negative manner. The festival has never been closed to transgender women, it has just been clarified that it is possible along with the actual factual changes of married women being allowed and the age increase.

Really annoys me when people don’t fact check before posting false news.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Please do not pretend that they would have actually ever accepted transgender when they didn't married women. This is Ireland. Gay marriage 5 years ago? Abortion 2 years ago?

Its a bit of fun and they have to lean into that. Has to evolve even more. Festival is fantastic but majority outside Kerry people only think of pageant and not fun on streets

You know what they say about people who assume rather than dealing in actual facts.

Ireland was the first country in the world to legalise gay marriage by public vote. What are you on about?

Personally have no interest in the festival, just sick of people posting false narratives and facts that are easily checked. It’s the world we live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Get past the Kerryman and you will realise Ireland was one of the last countries to legalise gay marriage in Europe

Just because we did it by referendum makes no difference. That is a strange way of dealing with rights that is not share by other countries So I am dealing with facts? Zero false narratives!!

Progessive?? Abortion when again? Don't make up false arguments

Anyway I do not mind differing opinions as long as it is not counter factual

Happy Christmas to all!!!

I had a good one....hope all are the same. Lets not pretend Ireland was good was it was not. It will stop our advancement going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nollag shona daoibh! Athbhlian fe mhaise daoibhse chomh maith!

Interesting that Google translated that as Scots gaelic

Is Gaelinne Mumhain e!

(and if I had fada's on my keyboard, it'd be more accurate!)

I get lost wit irish anyway after 14cwyarw years of it in school.

Heading down to the Dingle peninsula is different world entirely and a place I glady get lost😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I went to all-Irish speaking primary and secondary schools, lost most of my Irish from basically not using it much anymore. My child started primary in the Gaelscoil and has picked up so much Irish already, and mine is coming back! Great to be able to start using it again with him and just casually at home!

Nollaig Shona daoibh go leir!

And there's me thinking irish could only be used in the Gaeilge Forum.

Just shows how moderation has gone to pot 🤣🤣.

Is anyone going to the ballyheigue races on Monday? Are they worth going to?

Mate you don’t deal in facts, you are bluffing. 18 countries out of 44 in Europe have legal gay marriage. We were 12th to do so but did it by vote democratically which is not a bad thing. There are only approx 30 countries in the whole world that are legal. I would say that’s progressive in world wide terms. So look up there at your first line and admit you told a lie!

You failed to reply on your incorrect assumption of course which again was non factual. So your two statements of fact are both not true. You bluff your way through with half truths and lies with such confidence that you think you are right and convince other idiots they are right too.

You can hold any opinion to want to but don’t go stating that we were one of the last to legalise gay marriage and that the Rose of Tralee wouldn’t allow transgender contestants when that is completely untrue.

I didn’t once make any factual claim on abortion legalisation as there were none offered that were true or untrue. If you post a true fact on the matter or an individual opinion then no bother. But if you want to post another half truth I have no bother calling it out as that.Personally my opinion is that it should be legalised but I am not attaching a fact to that here so it’s irrelevant.

Lastly, Ireland is a good place overall. We have some bad people, bad and terrible situations that should never have happened. Imagine what it’s like waking up in China or Nigeria or Palestine or or or……… the United States the world leader who has had legal abortion since 1973. This is the country that allows people to walk around with guns.Their legalisation of abortion didn’t advance them much. We will advance forward much faster as a country if people like you, our politicians, some journalists etc start telling the factual truth rather than agenda driven truth.

Happy Christmas 🎅

Be careful; kids chat as Gaelige so the parents won't understand them....😉

I understand Irish, just can't speak it as well as I used to! ;)

• Advertisement

Can we reign this in now please....thanks! MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see a new Asian restaurant TOBA is opening in the old Croí/Stonehouse restaurant at corner of the Square. They have a restaurant in Killarney already. Nice to see that place occupied again!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Would anyone know where i could get womens black trousers/jeans in a petite lenght? I used to get my work clothes from dorothy perkins but they are gone from Tralee and Killarney and new look are out of stock also. Penneys etc only do the standard lenghts which are too long for me.

Did you try the Penneys black jeans? They do a shorter length in some of their jeans (the folded ones along the wall). I usually get them as I am too short for their standard length, but find the 30 leg perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I wish dog owners would pick up their dog poo & I am a dog owner myself. Have been out walking a bit over Christmas in daylight & there's dog poo everywhere. Usually walking around the Oakpark/Racecourse road/North Campus area & it seems as bad as it was years ago. Very annoying😡.

T.

When my now 5 year old was in a pram I did a lot of walking and found Racecourse road to be the worst for dog poo! Very annoying when trying to avoid pram wheels and have to clean them before going back into the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fred74

Hi don't know , if this allowed but I'm a disabled person looking for a ground floor flat in Tralee one bedroom or two. Or bungalow non smoker, non drinker , no children or pets. Previous landlords reference since 2014 , reason for leaving they are selling the property , I'm looking everywhere I'm at my wit's end .

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I would recommend that you might contact the County Council. Perhaps you are a priority on account of your disability, and I think they would be your best option. Their numbers are 066 7183809/066 7183572. Good luck, and I hope you will find something suitable soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fred74

Thank you. I have been in touch. They have said to look for something suitable. It's impossible to find something at the moment.

• Advertisement

Sale agreed sign up on the house in the last few days! Some people have more money than sense!

Advertisement