Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

And you're both on the same network in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

So either I take the standard 6 model and avail of the buds offer (the standard pixel wont cost me anything, as I'm due an upgrade).

When you say it wont cost you anything, you are actually paying for that phone over 24 months under contract. Mobile companies don't do free lunches.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

That's true in a lot of cases. But if I go SIM only at 30 euro a month. I'll be saving 20 euro a month compared to a bill pay plan. So 20 X 24 euro is 480 extra. To buy the pixel 6 from Google is 650. So I'll still be 170 euro better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 swai

Has anyone went back to the November update on the pixel 6 yet? I have barely any signal in my house whereas before it was fine. I have spots now where my signal totally goes.

Also what screen on time are we getting? I'm half thinking of doing a factory reset. On WiFi I'm getting around 5 to 6 hours screen on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

Yeah went back last weekend couldn't take the non signal anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

So they only sent it this evening. Carrier version update was all it was. Version ending with 49 21-12-20 is that the beta people have sideloaded? Has made little odds to me. Coverage is slightly improved after the phone is restarted or airplane mode turned on and off but then loses the signal after a minute or two. Sent them back another bug report.

It really is getting ridiculous at this stage. I've had glitches and bugs after updates before over the years on android usually causing battery drain but it's nearly always been fixable by uninstalling an app or changing a setting. I do remember one Sony Xperia one that was very bad that basically turned the phone into a toaster and killed the battery in 3hrs but you still bloody make calls on the phone. It was patched in about 2 days. It hasn't effected me to much I contact most people on viber and whatsapp and have wifi at work and home. I did miss a important call the first day of update for an appointment but luckily they rang my wife when they couldn't get me. Thought it was just the network that day.

Just got my €75 voucher code for the Google store. So for those of you who are lucky enough to get the 75 euro voucher, what did you spend it on?

They have cut the price of the Nest audio and the mini. But I'm tempted to go for the pixel stand because you get a 30 watt charger as well as the bit you use for wireless charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Checked this morning and still no update, will have a borrow a phone Christmas day just to ring home. As soon as I get an opportunity to sell the phone it's gone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

My screen on time has been very good so far. As i said in other comments, I am mostly at home on WiFi and I also am not using 5g, but by screen-on time has been very good. I installed AccuBattery when i received the phone after some reviewers were complaining about battery around launch, just so I could see for myself and get an accurate picture of how long it lasts.

After looking through it there, yesterday when i was out of the house for a few hours I had almost 6 hours screen on time and had 30% left. A few days ago I had 8h 48 mins screen on time and finished up with 12% left when i plugged it in.

I have no complaints about the battery myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Wow, that was quick just in time for Xmas, when did u apply? Mine is still pending from 12th Nov - plus they replied saying I will get 700.......still no sign of any :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I received a tracking number for something today via DHL/Ingram. Don't think I'm expecting anything else besides the headphones, anybody else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Has anyone managed to get a hard case for the pixel 6? Tried 4 Vodafone stores in Dublin. None in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Summer2020

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Last year we got an email when they had been shipped, and the status on pixel-offers updated as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Yep me too I actually thought it was spam!!

Did you get voucher yet? I didn't receive any notification about that. Maybe we are getting the 700's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got a tracking number and no sign of a voucher being issued, so probably getting the Bose 700's!

Worst week ever to ship them for me. I've the delivery address as work and there won't be anyone there until Jan 4th 🤨

The pixel-offers site hasn't updated my claim either, so it's all over the place!

Seen online that the call screening feature has been disabled, can anyone confirm? I haven't been able to take a call since the December "update".

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Has anyone received their pros recently, waiting on delivery since 18th November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Double post :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Story I saw said it related to SQ1D.211205.016.A4 release. My Pixel 6 updated to the .A1 release variant and Call Screen still appears to be be working for me. Someone else on .A4 variant may have a different experience though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Fair enough. However if your paying more than €20/month sim only your getting screwed.

Im paying €15/month with Eir sim only - all in including 200mins international (as a bundle with broadbrand - normally €20) so over 24 months Im paying €840 less + 30 day contract. Thats nearly an upgrade to a Pixel 6 Pro. Appreciate this doesnt suit everyones circumstances and plans can be helpful if cashflow is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Summer2020

I'll never buy another google phone after this fiasco. Signal is terrible out and about, constantly dropping to 3G. If I turn airplane mode off and on again it'll pick up LTE and then drop if after a few seconds. No sign of a fix and non existent communication which is tye unforgivable part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I’m in Galway for Christmas and I have no signal going on 2 days solid now. I am raging.

I know this is a major mess up by Google, but you went away knowing you had the issue. You could have just rolled back your software to the old version.

It blows my mind that people aren't proactive in any way solving issues. Sure, Google need to fix this mess, but there's definitely things you can do to help yourself in the meantime.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I think they've pulled this update alright, got the phone today for Xmas and no update past the November one.

I find the Fingerprint fine tbh, but I think that's just because I'm used to the OnePlus 8 and it's basically the exact same.

Loving it so far!

That's the thing the phone is actually very good apart from all the bugs and wifi calling not working.

Such a pity they've been so slow to fix anything but phone signal being lost in an "upgrade" is a cardinal sin and there's an apology at least badly needed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Oh definitely I think it's ridiculous they haven't sorted it and if I had updated today and had no signal I would also be fuming, there should be some sort of apology for you folk without signal... The main function of a phone.

Other then that though it is a very good phone so far so hopefully you will be able to enjoy it soon fingers crossed! I fear it could be held until the January update though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

It was patchy before now and now it’s just gone completely. There is no excuse for not being able to use a phone as a phone due to an update.

Advertisement