Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Can't resist a flutter in the lightning rounds. Usually nothing but today Neymar in the Rare gold plus pack. 🤣

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Finished 9-1 in playoffs and got Di Natale from the 25k pack - that was a lucrative oul' grind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So after saying i'd stay away, i went and did Etebo sbc, and after 3 games, im glad i did, im finding him great as a CDM, excellant defensively and stuck a hunter on him to get goals out of him, 2 in 3, cant fault the card so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone else getting the "The current FUT Champions event has ended" error when you try to join?

I had qualified a couple of weeks ago but didn't redeem so thinking the new season has bugged it? Or does it do this if you have unclaimed rivals rewards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Not sure if it resets when a new season begins and if you didn’t use your points then it gets wiped? I had the points but didn’t bother entering, not sure if they’re still there as haven’t played Rivals since the new season started

Edit: just looked online and points carried over from season 1 to 2 so assume will be the same for 3 although wouldn’t put it last EA to wipe everything this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is it the same as FUT champs in previous years where the more games you win, the tougher the opponents you face ? Played a few games today and that’s the vibe I’m getting.

Does feel that way alright. I don't know if there is anything official but I've heard before that your last 5 games are counted towards your matchmaking. So 5 wins in a row should match you against an opponent with a similar win streak etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I generally blast out to 10-4 or something and then scramble home to former rank 2 (12 wins), if I even get there at all. I always play Friday afternoon as have something on or can't face playing hungover. I find once you've played a dozen games or so it becomes very hard to find a match, and invariably at that point it gets much more difficult. So I assume they're matching you against someone who's been through a dozen games already also and has a similar form score. And that pools probably small early on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Didn’t want to play this weekend but team of the week was good so decided to see how I’d get on giving 20 wins away, ended up getting 6 wins I think it was!So rewards weren’t too bad. Got Cuadrado and Acerbi in the picks and Benzema and Alexander Arnold in the packs so that should help me complete the base - mid icon pack. Got Shearer last time so hopefully I’ll get something decent this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Did you get 6 freebies or decided to play a bit?

Ddnt get a single free win. Had a couple of lads quit alright without giving it. Managed to get to an extremely stressful 11-7 on the parents crap wifi back home so will take that. Felt the games were slightly easier today than normal but dodgy WiFi and 4 losses zero wins from penalties made up for it. I'm exceptionally bad at penalties. Gonna take a break now for a couple of weeks

All free wins! Seemed to be a lot this weekend for me got 2 in qualifying on Thursday as well. Did have a couple quit aswell at 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Prime Zola, Mid Best and Mid Puyol SBC's coming in the next few days.

Mid Best is very interesting but the other two are meh. Zola's baby is better than his prime and Puyol wouldn't even be usable in the first month of the game.

No christmas spirit in fifa land this morning, 3 games, 3 times asked if i would do golden goal, absolutely i said as a goal in consecutive games is what i need, 3 times i score 1st, pause it, and nothing, they dont want golden goal now, so i just banded the control

Happy Christmas to you all! 🎅

I’ve turned off messages now. In my experience if people ask for golden goal or anything else, invariably more often than not they don’t keep their end of the bargain. They’re just trying to get what they need and then it’s F-you!

Philippe 😍, back in a liverpool shirt....fifa of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

90 pace Ibra on the way… dear Lord. Gonna be an expensive card.

With the way they're dropping lightning rounds, he'll be discard price within a week! 😅

Lads, im sure this has been asked a few times, cant seem to find it though, i qualified for WL last night, can i keep my entry for next weekend or do i need to play today?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can keep it for any weekend.

you can’t accrue qualification points though while you have an unspent token, so you can never accumulate more than 1 token.

i didn’t bother entering this weekend as I knew there was no way id be able to play 20 games.

Grand, cheers, i probably could play a few games today as i have the house to myself, but dont really want to with all the sport on tele, plus have my 7 rival wins got already to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WW Token SBCs are out. You should have enough to do the 85x10 packs now.

WW Maignan, WW Taremi, a dupe VVD, Benzema, DiMaria, Lukaku, Modric, Casteels, Thiago Silva, De Vrij in mine. Not bad at all.

Also had an Ultimate Pack for 200 wins in WL games. Not a single special card :/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I have 13 WW tokens. Missed a few as only started playing last weekend. Will more WW tokens be released ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Thought I’d be doing the 10x85 pack for sure but that Daka card is making me think twice. Looks a seriously good card but the 1 in a million chance of pulling Ibra may be too much 😅

Think there are 18 out at the moment, 24 in total so a few more to come. However, I thought they were all going to be obtainable via objectives and SBC’s but 1 is now in a pack in the store costing 95k or 500 points - pretty sneaky from EA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

WW Maignan, WW Morales and Ederson the highlights of my 85 x10. A bit underwhelming!

I got Kane and I think six 86s, a couple of 85s and a WW Tierney. Not great but enough to finish my Base mid icon pack and I got mid Henry so happy with that.

Just opened a rare electrum pack i think from a winter token thingy sbc, TOTW Martinelli walked out, thats ok i thought, then i get to the screen where the rest of the players and theres base Kante to, both untradeable of course.

Torn now between Daka or the 85×10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

My god that Ibra looks fantastic!! Will be looking at the reviews of that, I’d find it hard to fit him in the team but I’d do my best.

Got WW Maignan in my WL rewards.

Advertisement