Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 2021 Assistant Principal in the Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

It seems like I am back in the game after receiving additional 11 points on the first question. Invitations for Stage 3 (final interview) to issue in Q1 2022. Any advice on what to expect during the strategic exercise/presentation from those who have completed it is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crinkley

Oh that’s great news congrats. Wonder if it was an internal review or on the basis of appeals

also great to know I can relax coming up to Christmas that they won’t issue invites next week for early January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Yeah, I just looked back at your rant from when you didn't get through, which prompted my response. Hope you've calmed down since then. Did the quality of the video interview result in an upgrade for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭floorpie

Mine was re-reviewed even though I didn't request this (no change to result)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Diddlydoe90

Hi all, so my result was upgraded and I’m through 😊. I haven’t been through this process before and my overall score is around 150-155 now. Should I expect to hear about interview in January or where are they with the overall process from batch one? Seems like they went The QA route on this and reviewed those in the whole batch who didn’t get through.

• Advertisement

hard to tell, would depend on how many scored between 150 and 185 (they took people with a score of 186 and higher in the first batch). I scored 177 and would expect to be in the next batch but then 200 people could have scored 178 or higher and they're only taking 200 forward, or they might take a larger batch through. Pure guess work at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Northern Sound

No my result remained the same, I don't have an issue with that, it's the process I question, as I said already I have a long CS career and to be honest I can't say I see the cream rising to top, it's more about ability to play the game.

I maybe wrong and good luck to all candidates but I see very little correlation between PAS tests and the actual AP day to day role.

Anyway that's my rant over hohoho 😄 Happy Christmas, best wishes to all, and keep the threads going, they provide good bits of information for all interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meadow200314

I have recently been appointed from

a AP panel to a role (open comp) and I am

fast realising that the role is not what I expected. I’m only in a short while and I know I need to give it more time but I’m concerned. I worked for 12 yrs in the private sector and gave up a perm job for this. Is there any way to get moved to another role or go back on the panel? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭2021_AP

You can apply for mobility now but you won't be eligible to take the transfer until you have 2 years completed.

There's no option to go back on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AuroraP

My result was upgraded as a result of the review and I'm now eligible for stage 2. I'm very pleased and as always will be consulting this forum for advice on the next stage. Previously I had been awarded 35!

For context, I hadn't appealed/requested a review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

What exactly is different about compared to your private sector job or whats not to like about it. Im in the private sector now and have passed the first stage of AP panel, just waiting on next stage call up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jaeger_Jen

Huge congrats on making the panel. I'm in batch 2 so expecting to be called early in the new year for interview and strategic analysis. Would you have any guidance as to what was involved in the strategic analysis? Were you given much to work with in terms of presentation? Was there a structure you had to follow? No matter how much research I do there is nothing overly helpful that I can work with in terms of what to expect or to help with preparation 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sheepgobahhh

When PAS reaches out to you, you're given all of the information you need to complete the strategic analysis. If you read it carefully, they tell you what you need to do on each slide and in the report. All of the topics are different, so I don't think there's any real point in prepping before you have your topic. Part of being an AP is being able to take in a large amount of information and distill it into the key points, so the strategic analysis shouldn't be too difficult. You just need to choose your topic, create a structure and answer the prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alrite_

I was placed in the high 600s (OOM) after stage 1 (verbal/numerical/situational judgement tests) and scored just under the 117 cut off for stage 2. Anyone know if I have any chance of been called forward for stage 2 or whereabouts they are on the panel now? Thanks

you'll certainly be called for the next stage, you should hear sometime in January

• Registered Users Posts: 17 caznemoy

Hi all,

Has anyone been called to the next stage outside of the original 3 counties (Dublin, Kildare, Wexford)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sazzz

Hi all - sorry to be annoying - but when do you all think there will be a new competition announced for AP? in 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AP2021

Typically it has been every two years. However there was one in Q1 of 2020 and Q3 of 2021 so it likely depends on the number of vacancies that arise

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sheepgobahhh

For the sake of sharing timelines once you pass your final interview/presentation. My Garda clearance took 4-5 business days and the entire clearance process took about 2 weeks excluding the holidays. I was told we should hear about placements next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AP2021

Thanks for this. Have been resisting bugging PAS about it until next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Does anyone have any idea when the next batch might be called forward to interview stage?

I'm hoping next week, they released CO results yesterday thats a huge comp so I imagine that took up a good bit of bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fieldofgreen

When I asked PAS in mid-November about the next round of Stage 3 interviews, they said that they were expected in late January/early February. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Just got an invite to interview end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fieldofgreen

They must have been listening out for my hope! Got an interview invitation for early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Got mine as well, very early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

Got mine for end of January, not that much time to prep

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jaeger_Jen

Got mine for end of January too. Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Findlk

Any indication of what score they're at for this round of interviews?

• Advertisement

Advertisement