Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It's not, she wants them distributed through schools to those who need them i.e. people with symptoms.

It is a stupid idea.

Well, no, you are out of step here. Mary Lou, our friend from Waterford and Matt Carthy have all lined up to say Adams did nothing wrong, and poor Eoin is out on the naughty step and silenced. Be careful you don't end up there as well, you know what they are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I think it was disrespectful. People died for that cause. If I'd a family member gave their life I'd be pissed off with him. I've no time for the faux outrage from the 'murder travellers' pack in government though. Weeks talking about Adams, ner a peep about one of their own tweeting about killing travellers.

You made up a weird silly lie and have been embarrassing yourself for days.

Silenced? Hardly. If they closed his branch down, that would be sinister.

All we know is what I said. He criticised Adams. Seems like a fair thing to me. You lads trying to make some conspiracy will keep youse busy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Still very strange that Eoin has not been heard on any media outlet I have seen or heard for some time.

I would be very surprised if there wasn’t a lot of talking in the background as the various ‘wings’ organise themselves.

Would be surprised if anyone stuck their head over the parapet and criticized any of the auld ‘war horses’ anytime soon.

They should have seen who is really in charge by now.

haven’t gone away.

Why would they? What would you have Eoin do, repeat what he already said? Do you think if SF are the way you paint it the like of Eoin wouldn't know? Doesn't add up mo chara.

Hmmm….. trying to figure that post out Bee, having some difficulty……… bit dense for this poster.

But hey….that’s life

Seems to me he didn't like what Adams did and spoke out. Others in SF defended Adams.

Don't see anything more to it.

• Advertisement

Think Eoin's chance of a ministerial position if Sinn Fein ever get into government is now gone. Disloyalty like that will never be forgiven.

Next election all the party's efforts will go into Ward in Dublin Mid-West.

A fair and balanced opinion on the actions of the two sectarian extremes (SF and TUV/DUP) in Northern Ireland. In relation to this thread, this extract is particularly apt:

"You see, by glorifying the IRA or having a cheap laugh at the fact they existed via lines such as the above, Sinn Féin are creating a hierarchy of victims. How? Because in shouting “UP THE RA”, in reminding us of what they said about the ‘RA 26 years ago, and by celebrating their cherished “volunteers” who were involved in blowing civilians to pieces or burning them alive, they are implying that IRA murderers were somehow more virtuous than those from “the other side”, and thus that their actions and the deaths they led to were not as abhorrent."

Based on available facts. I did not include what I think may have happened and try pass it off as fact.

Your prophet slugger seems to be at slightly dim teenage apprehension level.

He's saying SF are talking themselves and the IRA up. Hold the phone! Breaking revelations.

Do you know a political party behaves any differently? I don't. We've Mick Collins used and abused for his dashing butchery and calls for a commemoration for the black and tans from other quarters.

I honestly don't know any party who say's, 'Now to be fair the competition are grand lads. Sure give them a vote'. Or an army that says, 'TBF, we shouldn't have killed those lads, trying to kill us'.

This is all news to you?

I'd find it terribly bizarre if SF start bad mouthing either themselves or the IRA.

It wasn't Slugger that wrote that, have a look again.

The slightly dim comprehension (apprehensive?) level applies as he says to Sinn Fein that are rubbing people's noses in it with their complete disregard for victims.

It's a simplistic (2nd hand?) view peddled by your mentor and then passed on by your good self.

The points made are no revelations. Political party talks themselves up shocker.

I think killing someone is a pretty brash enough statement.

Adams was disrespectful IMO. I do not believe the outrage you are labouring over here for the last weeks TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,646 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The bit that annoys me about SF is they tie themselves in knots. Wanting to ‘move on’ from their past yet are very quick to fall back to reminding the hardliners of it - mostly those in NI and the border counties.

Personally I don’t view SF as a real all Ireland/all island party. The SF party from NI behaves differently to the party in the ROI.

In NI and those from near there we invariably see the Real SF- glorification of the ‘Troubles SF’. Less talk of normal politics.

In the ROI we see SF lite one given a much softer image. One where other issues are placed front and centre. In order to achieve the main goal unification but by a populist ‘giveaway’ agenda.

It is fascinating to watch because no other party in ROI/NI has such blatant two faces of the same party. Both literally and metaphorically.

The next decade will certainly be an interesting one.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Ya mate,FG are really simialar....the dublin leadership really represent their rural members🤣a member of fg in the old dungarvan council used put up ira members on the run during troubles and the fg members about here attend easter/hunger commerations.....wonder if any of its dublin leadership were upset to see beal na blaith stopped over covid😅

People are allowed commerate their past,and to remember their murdered comrades,many of them literaly give their lives under guidence of senior sf members,without being regarded as tying in knots....they just arent going to let people remember the past one-sided and present a sophistory version of troubles (like present british government wants to).......hence why yous get people simply screaming abuse about the old sniper at work pictures/pins as it represents a really diffiucult issue for em....an ira campaign which forced the british off the ground for extended periods and entirley killed security force members.....cant have public examine the conflict beyond a superficial level and find out what actually went on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Free antigen tests are a very bad idea.

A headline grabbing, populist stunt, but a very bad idea. Why am I not surprised?

• Advertisement

I think its a great idea. Anything that helps. Stops absolute scumbags cashing in on the panic.

No doubt some gig promoter in Saudi got the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,646 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You have really proven my point with that post above. There seems to be a lot of mental gymnastics on the part of many SF supporters. It is true, diehard republicans like the pantomime of Republican funerals.

In my opinion it is less about commemorating ‘the fallen’. But playing to the gallery making a political point to those in ‘the shadows’ in SF. That much is obvious to me.

It is not so long ago that MLMD gave the customary ‘tiocfaidh ar la’ at the finish of an oration in honour of Sean Russell - at Fairview Park - Dublin. It was before MLMD was anointed SF - ROI leader. The implication was clear and obvious to all. Passing of the torch - and deep down resentment towards the ROI.

Yet David Cullnane got chastised by MLMD when he used the same troubles ‘béarlachas phrase (along with other IRA slogans) During the GE.

Reading between the lines it is no longer the ‘done thing’ if SF want more votes in the ROI.

And the party in general I find them fascinating to watch. As they are in transition.

Eventually SF will normalise themselves as political party but it could take 30 years as the ‘old guard’ fade away.

It has to be done slowly though. SF changing their stance on the SCC is an example of slow change only when it is politically expedient.

If I recall in the last GE MLMD was adamant on the anti SCC line.

But obviously after a few SF behind the scenes meetings she got ‘the OK’ to change tact. In the hope of getting more votes in the ROI. At the expense of losing a few minority of the hardliners support - mostly from NI.

It was a shrewd move IMO. It is another example of SF’s dual strategy. Entertaining to watch it play out as no other party has to do so much internal squirming based on a political ideology.

SF basically has two different menus one for NI and one for the ROI.

My guess it will be 20/30 years before this is normalised and SF don’t have to have two different speeches for every strategic move depending on whether it made in the ROI or NI.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It’s the truth, though. One side was fighting because they were sick of being oppressed, the other side we’re fighting because they felt they had some natural superiority or god given right to oppress the other.

This will literally always lie at the heart of conflicts like The Troubles and others like it. If the root cause of the conflict is that one side wants power over the other and is willing to use force to maintain it, that side will literally always be the “worse” side, regardless of what either side does in furtherance of its aims. One side is rotten to its core because it’s aims themselves are fundamentally evil and immoral by any reasonable standard. Both sides did evil things, only one side was fighting for an evil cause.

Fighting for dominance will always be more scummy than fighting for freedom. Always. Anyone who fights for dominance is fundamentally a vile human being who believes themselves better than those they are fighting against. It’s that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hypothetical scenario. I’m a slave owner, you’re a slave. I punch you in the face to stop you from trying to escape. You punch me in the face so as you can escape. We both punched eachother in the face, so if you focus only on the action, we’re as bad as eachother. However, since one person asserting dominance over another against their will is fundamentally immoral by all metrics of civilised humanity, I’m the scumbag of the two of us. Not you.

I was motivated by power, you were motivated by freedom. Both of our actions were violent, but what you wanted out of it was pure. What I wanted out of it was evil.

Is this really that difficult to understand? Oppressors are automatically bad people. There is no conceivable scenario in which they are not.

Has the concept that vast swades of people are immensely proud of the ira defended their communities and stood up for nationlists is face of overwhelming odds and horrendpus oppression ever entered head??

Folks like bobby sands etc died for better conditions at the age of 27,in no normal country or world would his name ever been known,no mind revered around the world....it was ira developed technology,that killed blanco and signaled the death of facism in western europe (funny how media never "forensically" link dessie ellis to this bombing,cant have any details examine beyond a superfial level,as with everything else regards the trouble)

In 20 years,there wont be an NI,reunification is coming like a steam train and the governments refusal to prepare for it,amounts to simply not doing their job and should be fcuked out,as they never prepare for anythimg and have ended up constantly chasing their tail through out the pandemic

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Yeah, well the likes of him and Brolly with their unjustifiable exaggeration and hyperbole don't add a whole lot to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Hilarious, so nothing to say about the parties that have been robbing this country blind for nearly 100 years? A former leader of FF from the 90s amassed over 70 million just for himself by stealing from medical funds and similar activity, the whole party were in on it robbing this country blind and how do we punish this? By electing FG only for them to do the exact same thing, it's almost like they are in cahoots together, ''right lads yous Rob the country for the next four years but after that it's our turn again.

FF/FG and their friends in the media and big corporations have been convincing the public they are the only ones capable of running the country for far too long, but their time is up, FF/FG were quick to call in favours from the media for the last election to try and discredit Sinn Féin and also get the lads from RTÉ to ban Sinn Féin from the leaders debate on RTÉ but the people are finally starting to cop on and realise what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One person has been behind at least 10 accounts which have frequented one side of the "debate" in this thread. The most prominent one was the McMurphy account. All those accounts have now been banned. Please continue reporting any suspicions of further re-regs, as this particular individual has been running most of the accounts simultaneously. Any questions PM me - do not reply to this post in thread.

Advertisement