Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Feels like its been a weekend of Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My mum takes care of my gran full time. My idiot brother thought it was appropriate to tell my mother off for "babying" my grandmother by asking her to eat some sandwiches. And then when we challenged him about how little he knows or cares about the amount of work and effort required to be a full time carer for an elderly cantankerous lady who refuses to eat anything, he said that was just a woman's point of view as if he could do better himself. The buffoon. My mother told me not to punch him in the face so I swallowed my rant like a good little girl and left the room.

Todays TA is that I didn't punch the fat fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hangovers.

They're fcuking arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can punch your brother in the face for you, if you like (your mother never said anything about that), but would you return the favour and punch mine, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

You speak for others? Or do you have multiple accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Why, aren't you an angry little poster?

Though MBB would have cheered you up, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Nope not angry in the slightest, I for the life of me don't know why it keeps being commissioned but I don't feel the need to put anyone down for watching it, there seems to this yearning for people to try and show how morally and intellectually superior they think they are when they actually look the complete opposite. Did you enjoy it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Only for your Gran would suffer your mum should have said, "righto she's all yours I'm off to Ibiza for the week, adios" it would never happen but the look on his face would have been priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've never punched anyone in my life but I'd happily take the likely broken hand for this. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A cast iron skillet is very effective, too - ask Tom and Jerry. 😁

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Dare I say people are a little more than TA around here this weather 🙈

Keep the Faith everyone and Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

AIB bank machines. I just want 20 quid. Not a **** mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Constantly translating numbers back and forth between the metric system and the Imperial system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just got hit for €30 for a box of 5 antigen tests in Lloyd's Pharmacy. The cheaper €10 ones are mysteriously not available the day all the other pharmacies are closed. Bets that they will be there tomorrow. ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Crocodile Dundee is on TV at the minute with a description stating it has 'humour reflecting the attitudes of the era'! Zz. Just in case anyone should be offended.

Because the film might offend some for not being "woke" enough in the modern era.

There.

Never seen the likes of 'The Sopranos' / 'Boardwalk Empire' have the "languages of the era" etc disclaimer on them.. 'Violence' / 'Sex Scenes' / 'Drug Use' / 'Strong Language' / 'Flashing Images' - all or some of those, to be sure; but rarely any "attitudes of the era" warnings, strangely enough.. It seems it's open season on condemning anything at all, with the vaguest of reasons, that was made before 1990. Some choice words used in them shows mentioned - darkies , jigs , kykes , to name a few... I do be on the lookout for that sorta thing meself, and I don't think I've seen any of those 'modern disclaimers' on anything after the 80s..

TA making the bed/changing the sheets.. I do leave the quilt on top, but tis hard to negotiate putting the sheets on the bed with the quilt scrunched up in the middle.. Could throw it on the floor, but can't be having that...

I was listening to the radio the other day and there was somethng that was as equally stupidly woke and moronic as this being spouted by the presenters guest.

I actually shouted fcuk off at the radio as I turned it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's really annoying that they feel that they have to explain the film was made in a different era. Sensitive little souls out there.

Trying to pierce a capri sun carton with a paper straw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People who work in their family business giving out about conditions of the job. I have a mate who works in the family bakery and hes always moaning about working every second saturday and how he hates getting up early. I had enough of it yesterday and said to him "Well there is a simple solution to that- leave and look for a different job". It was like someone slapped him in the face he could not compute what i was saying. He is there since he was 17 so he wouldnt even know how to look for a different job.

People who work in the family business have no idea how lucky they are: they have a job for life , they never experience workplace bullying and their mistakes will never lead to getting the sack, but some of them live in a little bubble where first world problems are blown out of all proportion and used as an excuse for whingeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you go into a show shop and ask for a size 8. They then land out a size 10 to you and say they tight fitting and to wear a thick sock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ray Winstone's accent in Black Widow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My Dad is retired from the semi state body which he worked at… the guts of 20 years now… he gets a phone call out of the blue from a young employee there this morning asking for his advice on an issue that he was known for having much experience and expertise on…. He doesn’t know anybody there barring one manager so he’s clueless how his home contact details have gotten into the hands of some kid, they are ex directory…. Do these companies / state bodies keep contact details for retired employees on file, is that even kosher ?

the kid wanted on asking my Dad having clarified he’s vaccinated and received his booster ( cheeky cûnt for even asking ) if he would be willing to join an in person meeting at his old place of employment so they could ask his advice and gain insight to a particular problem that he was known for diplomatically troubleshooting successfully in the past…

he diplomatically declined before the caller changed from his nicey nicey stance to him trying to guilt trip my dad, a bullying hard sell from this fella at which point my Dad got the hump and told him where to go, not to call back and hung up…

there was funnily enough no mention of any compensation for his time had he wanted to help, no offer of a taxi there and back or anything else simply… “we’d like you to come down and join..…”

There must be something in the water, the levels of pig headed selfishness and absolute idiocy…harassing retired people at home, in their ‘80’s, during a pandemic… kindly just walk under a double decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@Strumms I wonder was the call genuine. Perhaps someone wanted to make sure he'd be out of the house for a while. Or does that sound a bit paranoid?

TA Could have been a TH , but it #can't be, cos:

I do compact me bin fairly well, and binman normally saunters over, and barely breaks stride as he grabs bin, and pulls it in direction of lorry, as he proceeds to walk back in direction from whence he came - as if he's expecting it to be light, like as if it's full of pillows 😂

Usually he has do a doubletakegrab as he realises it's not as light as what he thought it would be.. Price of getting a bin lift is a disgrace - I do me best to get me money's worth.......

#TA I wasn't up early enough to see it.

Decided to go down to local tesco for few bits and pieces

..... It was Packed with prospective shoppers streaming continuously in the door.

Stuff that. Went to the nearest centra instead, paid a bit more it was emptier too

• Advertisement

I'm assuming so your don't pay by weight as some do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement