Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I for one was glad Cody won, just not a fan of Sammy. I don't see it in him.

Hook continues to be a prospect but just not mad about the booking, as the question that always springs to mind is 'where is this going'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I'd like to think that AEW have realised they made a mistake not giving Kingston the title and will now work towards that end over the next while. Would work nicely seeing as a TNT title shot Vs Cody is what brought him to AEW in the first place. Think Cody's obnoxious condescending good guy shtick is a great contrast to Eddie, and Eddie is the perfect man to call him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved Cody’s smile when he won the title pure heel work at its best.

Absolutely loving his character work at the moment playing baby face heel totally working the live crowds and the Internet forums into meltdowns

The booking has been brilliant and they know exactly what they are doing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just realized that Hook no selling the piledriver was a reference to Taz.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would love it if Cody is actually trying to be a face but people are just turning on him, like Cena/Reigns. But because it's AEW it's going the way they planned.

Speaking of Cody, that table spot ruined his back and side. Are the burns permanent?

Quick question, what is the deal with Hook? Is it just as said here, that he's a meme wrestler and that's why people are behind him after all this time of just seeing him at ringside, like that Simpsons clip implies?

As the previous posts here have said, the reigns haven't been memorable but I think that's a side effect of what people have been praising like that Bryan Danielson picture that showed how many matches he had against different opponents since joining compared to his time in WWE. How can they have memorable feuds if they're just fighting someone and moving on to the next one? At least for Bryan it was fighting each of Hangman's friends.

• Advertisement

I always get a laugh reading the hate watchers of the wwe and aew and how they only see faults that they can book better than the companies themselves.

A year goes so fast 😥

Has there ever been a ref that wants to be noticed more during a match than Aubrey Edwards? There was a bit in the Jungle Boy match last night where he gets kicked in the head and she holds onto the ropes with wobbly legs as if it was her being hit and another bit where he gets kicked in the stomach and she bends over holding her stomach. It's Ridiculous. Find her so distracting when watching a match when the job of the ref should be not to be noticed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel I only got into AEW properly after Sammy flipped babyface, but I just don't find him massively appealing as a face. Feels like he's way better as a smug heel.

On the other hand, I adored HOOK. I know that the piledriver no sell will freak people, but I loved it. Besides, I don't think he'd taken any real damage before that. Regardless, I just loved how badass it was 😂 I'm totally down for more of him.

I'm also going to add this....given HOOK's whole vibe and look, his age, and the no selling....I think he'd be 18 year old TSC's favorite wrestler. He's got so much potential.

100%. Sammy acts like a heel and I've no idea why we as the audience should get behind him as a face. Even his introduction "they call him a Spanish God" sounds like something for a heel.

I know Jericho loves to take credit for getting people over (a lot of time rightly so) but the inner circle did nothing for Sammy or Santana/Ortiz over 2 years. Hager is useless so don't blame him for not getting him over.

• Advertisement

This is how Keith Lee needs to debut in 2022.

So happy they won't be signing Kevin Owens. Said it a few months ago but just not a big fan, same with Sami Zayn who I hope re-signs with WWE as well.

Could have done without Fish and O'Reilly signing though.

Going to add Gargano to that list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm heading to yet another Dynamite next month in Cleveland and I strongly suspect Gargano will show up there. I think there will be quite a few surprises and big angles as they transition to TBS. Feels like they've been treading water since the last PPV mostly so hope it picks up a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think Gargano will be a good addition. He can be a bit dorky in terms of his comic books and Disney references but he can have some great matches against pretty much anyone, especially the likes of Bryan, Adam Cole, Punk. I would have signed KO over Gargano personally but as Owens stayed put I'm OK if Gargano comes in.

Candice would be a very good addition to the women's division at some point down the line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Gargano wow another 5 foot nothing guy to join AEW roster of monsters lol

Way too many small guys. They need big dawgs in AEW.

I saw a pic recently of Darby vs jungle boy and it was embaressing trying to explain to friends of mine that this is pro wrestling in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am I the only one who thinks Sammy looks like a cocky douche?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

He has no character, I've thought that since the Inner Circle started.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod hat on

you do literally nothing in this thread but try and troll it (and not even all that well either). As noted in the Warning message you got, do not post in this thread again. No one is forcing you to watch or talk about AEW, and this type of trolling is just blatantly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They have big wrestlers, most just aren't very good/booked well.

Archer is decent although he hasn't wrestled since he brained himself.

Hobbs can be a star and they're doing fùck all with him. I'll wait for the internet to tell me it's slow-burn storytelling or something.

Wardlow has the look and is fine in the ring. He'll eventually turn on MJF.

Cage is a roid monkey.

Miro, the God gimmick does nothing for me. It's stupid.

Hager. Painfully boring.

Luchasaurus. Comedy gimmick, awful wrestler.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm waiting for the moment Cody tearfully with a smirk regrets promising never to challenge for the World Title and starts his run for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah there are some quotes doing the rounds from Cody on Sammy's vlog where he basically says that it's all part of a larger plan, "We're not going in the direction you think. We're not doing what's been done before". Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nah, I don't buy it. He/they tried positioning him as the saccharine company man babyface, fans weren't having it so now they're pivoting and people are labelling it genius.

It's like a condensed version of the Roman stuff but they have the sense to not bang their heads off the wall for 5 years before finally relenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yup

I was absolutely delighted Cody won because Sammy's reign was poor. He's just not a good baby face and was much better heel

The inner circle has been quite negative for all parties (excluding Jericho) , the group was good but it went on far to long and it felt like Sammy and Pride & Powerful were a crutch for Jericho tbh.

I don't understand why Sammy still wears the Inner Circle gear...

Anyway I'm deligheted Cody won as I'm confident something good will happen, I particulary looking forwarded to the Men of the Year v Cody stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yup, Inner Circle needs disbanding. Give everyone a fresh start in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd have Sammy Suckerpunch Jericho let them feud and have Sammy come out on top and then splinter the whole group

Rampage Christmas night did some great numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I agree about the IC, it definitely started off as a good faction which did help get Sammy over as a heel but the likes of Santana/Ortiz really got left behind and I never had any interest in Hager so the less about him the better ha. I'd love to see a proper feud with Santana/Ortiz and Lucha Bros for the titles as they deserve to be champs imo.

I dont mind if they just let the IC go and then the odd time reunite for a short period

Advertisement