Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alternative News Channel "GB News" chaired by Andrew Neil launching - read OP before posting

Options
1278279280281282284»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Tuned into Sky News for a second, one report is about some US police officer who shot a black man when she mistakenly intended to use a taser, and the Sky reporter linked it to George Floyd. How on earth would that case be of any interest to the British public? The guy had an arrest warrant on him btw.

Since GBN came on the scene SKY News have upped their reporting on the channel crossing migrant issue. They're taking the traffickers angle on it. Well yeah, what took so long. That's been going on for gods knows how long but all of a sudden their sending the best on the case. Funny that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Looks like they're officially peddling the anti-vaxx stuff now. Makes sense I suppose. Being at the extreme end of the spectrum all but necessitates this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Seriously like "my hairdresser is a reliable source" is up there with the fella down the pub who swears blind that something is true because "his sister's cousins friends plumber" said he saw it.

• Advertisement

No surprise GBnews would be any vaxx with the likes of Oliver being involved.

It seems to be common among the loony right to be anti vaxx and I bet many here on this thread from the looney right would probably defend anti vaxx comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Exactly! Its utter nonsense and worthy of derision! I do hope that at the very least, our resident GB news cheerleader crew can at least accept that anti-vax and in particular vaccine scare BS is not worthy of their acceptance and support.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sky has reported on the migrants crossing the entire time, as have the BBC, ITV, and Channel 4. It's one of many, many news stories on these channels, because there is a whole lot of news to report on.

This accusation was levelled months ago, and people were able to bring up dozens of times that reports were made over the years about the issue, long before GBNews existed.

GBeeBies is doubling down on the same stuff repeatedly though in an attempt to create a scare and no more

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Glock17

I'm a Brit, the way GB News reports the migrant crossings is completely different to the BBC and ITV etc.

When the BBC reports the crossings they interview a left wing organisation that advocates letting economic immigrants in. When GB News reports on the migrant crossings they interview some Australian politician that advocates processing the economic immigrants on an offshore island and not giving them passports.....

Why is an Australian relevant to channel crossings ? The man would not have a clue about the problems faced in the channel. He is only on because he speaks to the far right bubble that GBnews is for.

And many on here myself included lived in the UK so you dont need to be a "Brit" to know how BBC covers the refugees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Glock17

Because Australia had a problem with boat loads of economic migrants turning up and claiming asylum? Basically the exact same thing with economic migrants fleeing France to claim asylum in the UK?

Australia dealt with economic migrants by putting them in an offshore detention centre... the migrants stopped coming....

You GB News haters really seem to hate freedom of speech..... what you doing for the rest of the day? Maybe burning some books?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Australia is apparently quite xenophobic so it follows that GBeebies' miniscule viewership sees them as quite the role model.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"It's just a little dirty - it's still good, it's still good!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

The topic is GB News. The warning is in the OP. Stick to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No they haven't.

They reported on the situation in Calais France, but they never reported on the numbers of lives crossing the channel on a daily basis. It's up to one thousand per day currently.

They never emphasized the numbers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No-one seems capable of sticking to the topic

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement