Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you think it will all end? They are talking about a 4th jab now ffs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

I got a question.

If I did'nt get the first three jabs and go straight to the fourth one, will that one work?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's not heroin. Vaccines and heroin are different. The vaccines will be needed as long as covid continues to kill more people than we find acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Pretty credible CV. Saying same as so many professionals with any morals.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

If this Omicron burns through the population relatively quickly this could be the last of it. Numbers need to be good and high for herd immunity. Most people not getting very sick from it which is good. After everyone has had it there will be no more need for boosters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

lol if any of you were born in the 70's you'd remember the acid rain scare and we'd all be melting by now... unless you're my age and not been blue pilled, a liberal, leftist or woke... you'll remember that we've heard it all throughout the year's. Fear fear and more fear.... That doom Goblin Gretta sounds nuts and what she was spouting there absolute fear. Her talks have scared the bejaysus out of liberals and leftists throughout the world...

Children of the corn isn't a patch on her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,285 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It will be over when politics comes in to it and an election is called, presenting facts will win it for a party of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

And it's this selfish attitude that means we'll need annual jabs.

How difficult is it to call a local pharmacy or gp and get a booster.

My mother has had a flu jab every year. She sees no issues with that. It's part of life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

"The core of his argument relies on the assumption that COVID-19 vaccines do not have a significant effect on transmission. This has been repeatedly confirmed to be false in multiple studies. "

LOL - whatever about the original, the author of this 'rebuttal' might want to post an update. To be fair it was written in May, in hindsight today its of course plain as day that the vaccines do **** all for transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Odd first sentence. So you will believe that the vaccines will end this? Even after their abysmal failure at this globally, including countries with 90+% vaccinationed populations?

They lesson symptoms. That's it. Taking it or not taking it won't end the spread or restrictions or boosters or mutations or anything else.

• A 4th vaccine? Joke tbh.

should be like the flu, in my years I’ve had only 26, which is less than 4.

… no wait that’s not right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

At some point this becomes part of the 'flu'. The flu has an annual vaccine that is given to the elderly and the vulnerable. The flu unfortunately kills about a thousand people per annum. The majority of the population build up somewhat of an immunity to it having gotten a variation of it over the years. When that point is is hard to know but Omicron probably presents us with the best chance so far of a long lasting immunity through infection for a large proportion of the population without significant loss of life. Sure boosters will be needed for some and annually for the older in society.

It's a pain in the backside at this stage but it will eventually fade into the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Ireland will be told when to end it as at the moment we are incapable of making our own decisions ,we are the biggest sheep in Europe we should be called Chris.

Post edited by Ozvaldo on

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Hopefully the numbers will peak in the next week to 10 days. It certainly seems a lot milder and that will hopefully be confirmed in next week’s hospital numbers. There has been a suggestion by some that we are seeing a more mild illness because of the level of immunity in the community.

I expect current restrictions to stay until end of January. Some restrictions to be lifted in February and we can open up around or after Paddy’s Day.

I think there’s a lot of variables that can go either way between March to August/September which will determine if governments start locking down again next winter. Anti virals, better vaccines, variants etc.

Whatever happens over the next 2-3 weeks, the government need to come up with a long term plan of living with this. I do see a place for NPHET but they should be part of a wider group where business, mental health etc are taken into account and the quality of our lives need to be at the forefront. Perhaps some members of NPHET also need to be replaced. The government and HSE also need to get their act together generally with the health services.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Who stole all your punctuation???

God damn them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah now the lack of grammer makes sense.

Hope your enjoying your break off school and santy came to ya :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what a load of crap, its clearly obvious that gates is controlling all of this!

Take the 3rd one and all the ones that come after it. You are not that busy. No, no need to complain, just take 2 hours out of your day every few months and just get it done. No need to think about it, complain about it or try to get around restrictions. Just get it done. One day it will end, you don't need to worry about when just yet as you are being asked to do so little that you could just get it done without causing any fuss and probably don't on your way to the supermarket so you don't have to waste a trip. It is easy, be a good responsible person, cop yourself on and just get it done. Hush now, you are spending more time complaining on the internet that it would take to just get it done. Cheer up, but get it done please. We al need to protect eachother and minimise the resources required by the health service so the backlog for everything else can start to be cleared. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That's not how the immune system works. You are exposed to bugs and virus all the time, unless you wrap yourself in cotton wool and stay in a hermetically sealed bubble, your immune system is always at work in one way or the other.

But this is the second time today something similar has been posted (on a different thread) so there's probably been some new agey homeopathic moon god research paper released on the subject.

What's your expertise in immunology? Do you think the annual flu vaccine over stimulates the immune system? More likely is that you're pushing claims that simply aren't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭cheezums

All antibodies wane after a time but we retain a memory to quickly produce them again. Constant jabs to keep your antibodies up does not make scientific sense. I am surprised the vaccine academics, the ones not attached to corporations are not more vocal about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

It'll be over when the public isn't arsed to engage anymore with it. What will be telling is how the dose for primary school children is accepted or not. It will hopefully soon become like the flu vaccine and those who are vulnerable or inclined to take it, can avail of it. And the majority can ignore.

But we're not at the point of public rejection yet. The lines queuing for boosters will tell you that, however at same time surely one of the reasons they are are moving through the age cohorts more quickly now is that takeup is less overall, particularly below 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

All the anti-vaxxers talking about rights should consider their responsibilities. It's a two way street.

But ok no one should be forced to take a vaccine. But no one should be forced to serve them, or entertain them or feed them etc. If you refuse to live up to your responsibilities as a member of society you should not expect to avail of the full benefits of being a member of that society.

Read up some on autoimmune disorders, cytokine storms

The vaccines cause a relatively small number of cells to make spike proteins in a relatively small area, and that relatively small area is then dealt with by immune cells. The vaccine does not continuously replicate cells and therefore there is no pro-inflammatory feedback loop that can be maintained and cause a cytokine storm. Suggesting that vaccines can cause a cytokine storm if you take enough of them is a very bizarre statement to make, and is nonsensical.

What can, however, theoretically cause a cytokine storm is COVID itself. Therefore, if you are concerned about that, I would highly recommend that you get vaccinated and boosted to minimise that possibility.

Unlike yourself, I will not recommend that you "read up" further on cytokine storms as the statement you made shows a misunderstanding of very basic medicine. Instead, I would suggest that you assume that the medical experts know better about medicine and have already considered such things in their trials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’ve had the same number covid vaccine’s as ManUre have European cups.

Advertisement