Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual GPU PSU requirements

Options
  • 02-12-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Hey was wondering if 850w would be enough to run a evga Rtx 2080ti and a evga Rtx 3080 at the same time?

Was previously running a dual 208ti system with sli but one failed and the warranty return is a new 3080 (not ti).

That was fine, no problems really. They're for gpu 3d rendering so the sli is not really needed, just concerned about the power req.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Probably not. Even sustained you're close to the limit - a good PSU can take it, but spikes would trip it.

2080 Ti: 300W sustained

3080: 370-470W sustained

PSU recommendations:

Cooler Master MWE 1050W - 150eur

Corsair RMx 1000W - 170eur

or any number of 1200W+ for 200-odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Thanks! Thanks for links too!

Hi, I bought the Cooler master and it wouldnt power up, any ideas? I put the Corsair 850w back in with just the one video card and it was fine. The cooler master has somethign saying 10 M/B and the the corsair has 24 M/B what do these numbers mean? Figured I could just swap out the cables but the hard drive connections were different, which was fine as they supplied the cables, jsut the start up thing I'm a bit stuck on. Any thoughts?

• It’s dead.

if it won’t power up connected to the MOBO & your prev one does then the PSU is DOA. It happens unfortunately!

funnily enough too; in all my time building PCs the only DOA component I’ve ever had was a PSU!

Gosh, thats annoying as have had it here for a few weeks only got around to installing it today. Ordered the corsair, returning the coolershitmaster...

thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement