Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I don’t have anything with me to back up the phone while I’m away. I didn’t expect complete loss of signal when I came home for Christmas. It was patchy before I left Dublin. I’m not going to mess with it until I am back. In any case, there is no excuse for google not having fixed this by now. I’ll never buy a pixel again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭TheRona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can you back it up to your Google drive over WiFi?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

FYI, for those looking, the Pixel 6 Pro is back in stock on Google Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Same here, it's actually gotten worse, driving around my local town today and no reception anywhere, couldn't even text all call my wife to ask about something she needed from the shops. Toggled adaptive connectivity and airplane mode on and off, no difference.

What if there was an emergency??

Its a bloody sham at this stage.

• Advertisement

Have you tried flashing the old software that you had no issues with? At least one person has reported this solved all their issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Is it possible to return phone to Vodafone even if I'm on bill pay as it's completely unusable since update.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Should be. But most likely they'll want it to be sent for repair. They might be aware of the issue and offer an alternative

Not yet, was hoping they would push an update out in a reasonable time but they are offering next to zero communication over this issue.

I had some reception issues with the last software version too, but nothing like this sh*tshow.

I'll probably do it in the next few days if no updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,784 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Spent about an hour on live chat with a Vodafone rep and the guy assured me that he would solve the issue. First thing he asked "did you try turning it off and back on again?"

Then he went on to say try taking the sim card out and put it back in and restart your phone, he guaranteed this would resolve the issue.

Next rep I spoke to said bring it to a Vodafone store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've had multiple emails from Google support telling me they're working on a fix Yada Yada Yada, what you figure out from dealing with them is almost none of them are using pixels as they haven't a clue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It sounds like the worst kind of bug, which only affects a small percentage of users. I'd say they're struggling to replicate it themselves as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What's the battery life like on the 6? I'm on a Pixel 4a, which I like, but lately I'm not getting even close to a days battery life... I do some calls, plenty of browsing, loads of casting YouTube and about 2 hrs of streaming music to Bluetooth headphones and need a full day from my battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

I find the battery reasonably good but my usage pattern differs to yours so it's hard to compare. I'd be surprised if you didn't get a full day with some to spare out of what you're outlining there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

I would love to get the 6 but I don't think battery life would be up to snuff with my p40 Pro. I also don't think the camera would be a significant upgrade. I really want a phone with Google services again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just received a DHL tracking number from a company called shipcloud, assuming it is the Bose 700's!

My claim was accepted on 4th November!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Same, except mine was Nov 3rd. I'm slightly disappointed, was hoping to get the QC45s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm routinely getting over 7 hours screen time between charges. Bettery life seems very good to me.

And I also just got my tracking number for the headphones. Presuming 700s, oh well, I'd have preferred the qc45 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

anyone know if it's possible to exchange the Bose 700s for the QC45s with the Google store credit? I've also received the email about the tracking but I'm not against sending them back if necessary. I've contacted Google support previously and apparently the promotion is being handled by another company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got delivery notice but no mention of which version of the headphones. Happy enough with either.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Received DHL tracking num. this morning at 07.00 , Claim accepted on the 02 Nov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭positron

Also got the email, thought it was a scam at first but good to hear it's legit. No email communication otherwise, so are we not getting store QC45s and store credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 swai

I'm getting around 10% battery drain for an hour of usage. Mostly browsing and YouTube etc. If on 4G it doesn't last long as long as WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Severely doubt that's possible. The QC45s were only being offered as an interim solution when the 700s weren't available. They've confirmed they have the 700s back available. They aren't giving people the option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭J_R

HI,

After weeks of mayhem searching for a signal, calls going straight to mailbox etc. decided to roll back to November update. Took some time as never worked on a smartphone before.

However refused to install got message "SPL DOWNGRADE"

How have people by-passed this ????

Thanks

John

So I take it those of us that got the store credit are also getting the QC 45's? Although I got the store credit a few days ago I've had no notification of an item being shipped.

Did you unlock your bootloader?

Just to add to this, are you trying to flash the old update over the current? You'll need to make sure you're flashing the full image from November, which will be well over 1GB. I'd say you can't flash an old OTA update over a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I moved from a galaxy s10 that I had for nearly 2 years to the pixel 6. I like the phone but the screen seems to pick up scratches at a ridiculous rate compared to the Samsung. Anyone else find this?

Advertisement