Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The Steinhart GP LE got a run out on the big day

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Wearing a 4006-7000 from January 1967 on a rather overcast day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My Promaster JP3050 arrived back from Calcul on Christmas Eve after a new crystal, battery, pressure test and calibration.

This watch is my oldest (and the only 1 I'd not consider letting go) and it wore its age very much on the old crystal. The change really does lift the watch.

The wife got me a lovely little stocking filler in the "A man & his watch" that is no doubt a common tome amongst our lot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭893bet

Enjoying this. Not sure it will stay as I really miss the second hand from an interaction POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Never been interested in Ming watches but that case back is a real eye catcher .Definitely a watch to be worn with caseback to the front .Fair play to you for taking a chance on it , I wouldn’t imagine it being an easy one to move on

• Advertisement

I am a sucker for a decent caseback. Dial is nice aswell really nice depth to it die to the design.

I bought ok but If I sold in the morning I wouldnt be surprised with a 1k loss or a 1k profit. And I am ok with either scenario.

To use one of my phrases “a small loss on that watch is like a profit”.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cassius99

Beanie, what age is that watch?? I've a few rare 20+ year old Citizens needing a bit of work (Eco Drives where the battery finally packed in, etc.), and I hadn't realised Calcul might be in a position to do the necessary. The general consensus on the online forums was that Citizen service centres had washed their hands of the old time stuff...saying that, they were mainly UK and Australian forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Vostok Amphibia Classic 170548 'Amphibianerai' aka 'Pamphibia'

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

Selection of straps arrived on Saturday. Now to decide which goes where. (Marginally) easier than the crossword 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've a new nato in the post. You can never have too many straps. Here's the new racing strap on my Speedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

With these straps, I've got 15 new watches 🤔⌚ #ManMaths

Seiko SARB017 Alpinist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Here we have a brace of grand quartz. The second I bought for the bracelet, it was like Elvis without the gold lamé jacket.

The amateur watch fettler has a good article on the technology and servicing of this model.

https://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.com/2021/09/26/twin-quartz-a-seiko-grand-quartz-9943-8000-from-june-1978/

Post edited by njburke on

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Raven Trekker while out walking the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ohh I like them. Have you serviced them or are they keeping good time?

Keep coming back to my Stowa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Cienciano, I haven't had them serviced, I would like to if I can find someone who can service 70s quartz, just to clean and lubricate.

In the one I've measured the timekeeping has degraded to that of a normal quartz, 10 secs a month rather than 10 seconds a year. The one I've measured is consistent and the error is lower off the wrist, so I believe the thermal compensation has drifted off. The crystal repeatability also degraded at about 10ppm per year. I'm going to measure both for repeatability to see if it's worth attempting to regulate.

If you're interested there are usually several for sale on Yahoo auctions Japan. Price varies from 50 to 300 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Thanks to @Cyclingtourist for recommending Poljot24.de from the Seagull thread...

This arrived today, barely 24 hours after ordering it.

It has pushers at 4,8 &10 to adjust the day, date and months. The wife thinks it's "gorgeous, and way better than the usual Ali-express tat that you order". That's a big plus from her, who never wears a watch. I think it's fantastic value and definitely an unreal service to get from Munich to here in a day. Link... https://www.poljot24.de/uhrtypen/automatic/6202gy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That's some impressive shipping times, i have a few things that were shipped from the Netherlands on the 28th that haven't even left their yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I have this beast in for review at the minute.

It's comfortable enough for something this big but I do have to be careful that the kids don't hit their heads off it...again 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭micks_address

Found a martu leather I had ordered for a different watch and stuck on the speedy

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

893bet: To use one of my phrases “a small loss on that watch is like a profit”

I know exactly what you are saying. I lost €300 on the Panerai bought from Watchfinder. That felt like a profit, was quite relieved I got away with that 😁

Bit of biking bling on the wrist today.

I was taking pics of this yesterday to put it up for sale but once again changed my mind.

"I was taking pics of this yesterday to put it up for sale but once again changed my mind."

Best not to have the minute hand covering the GMT hand if you're trying to sell.

Yes that was a favourable deal you got on the way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@Unkel I think you got out on the Panerai deal quite well. It's one of those things that make me very wary of buying anything too unusual no matter how much I like them 🤷

I'm seeing in the new year in the coolest lounge wear in the world 😁 TMNT pants that are comfy as fúck, paired with the Hamtun which is soon to be irradiated with a UV torch so it'll least glow like I'm at Dutch rave 😛😉

Not bad @banie01 but I counter with a Panerai and Simpsons shorts..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I got in well too as I traded in my first Panerai that I bought below market value. So much below market value that Watchfinder offered me more cash for it in a straight sale than what I paid for it. Which is quite something considering their rock bottom offers on non-Rolex watches 😂

But yeah, I got out with a wad of cash and a very sellable blue Rolex OP

• Advertisement

So you don’t have the OP sold yet then…..you could be up yet….or down.

Advertisement