Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 20 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

maybe they are just incredible at FF! ronaldo 1 pt, Maupay on the score sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Ive got the fear big time here as well but I made the call that Son x 2 captains will hopefully at least equal 1 x Salah captain v Leicester. It could go completely pear shaped but the first leg of it has worked so far so I feel I have to stick now. If I were to get Salah back in it would need yet another transfer to get him back out and Ive already got the double Chelsea defense to deal with.

I watched the first half of Spurs Palace yesterday and although Palace were weakened I was getting last seasons nostalgia of the Son-Kane partnership and that sweet spot of one assisting the other for goals and vice versa. The big difference was Kane running off the shoulder of defenders into the channels instead of coming into central midfield to receive the ball with his back to goal. So long as he continues on playing like that the goals should flow. Im mindful as well that Conte said during the Euros last summer as a tv analyst that he would have Kane in the box and nowhere else. Under Nuno he was rarely in the box and kept dropping deep into midfield to receive the ball, that seems to have been the main reason why he lost form and Nuno his job.

yeah I have TAA and Jota too. I was half toying with the idea of putting the armband on Jota rather than Son but thats probably trying to be too clever, I already feel like Im betraying Salah enough without completely taking the piss out of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

King or Broja?

yeah its a fair point, he loves scoring against the team that let him go. But once that Liverpool Leeds fixture got cancelled I figured Son vs Palace, Soton and Watford would hopefully equal Salah v Leicester and Chelsea. I would have loved Salah in the Leeds fixture, thats the type of game that could have been 6 or 7 nil. But without it Son looked like a good way to deal with the Salah AFCON problem early without getting too punished for doing so. Time will tell, it could end up a disaster yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Foden to Son, for -4. Could come back to bite me though, couldn’t it?

Either that or Brownhill to Moura/Bowen for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Do you really want to get rid of Foden this GW? I'm holding him this GW. I think Pep will rotate against Brentford and I think Foden & Jesus will be one of the first 2 on the teamsheet against a tired Brentford.

GW 21, I would look into it more seriously, IMO. As Spurs will have the DGW probably and the -4 is covered by 2 starts.

I hold both Foden and Son with Foden very much being held through gritted teeth this last two weeks, he hasnt done a thing since I bought him except to go clubbing. Foden arguably has a higher ceiling but Son has guaranteed starts and will play 80+ minutes in most games.

Moura seems a good shout provided he is not being rotated with Dele, Conte started Dele v Liverpool and then selected Moura v Palace. It would be hard to see Moura being dropped v Southampton after his performance v Palace but Dele played well enough v Liverpool but then got dropped for Moura. So there a slight risk with Mouras minutes I think until we truly know what Conte prefers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

-8 taken again.

Foden, Raphinha & Ronaldo out for Jota, Salah & Borja.

The -8 this week worked (Salah, Jota & Dennis out for Jorginho, Son & Ronaldo) so might as well chance it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Definitely nothing wrong with that. I went Sterling (c) & Son for Salah & Jota. Gained 32 points.

Ive Watkins, Lacazette & Raphina so will keep those 2 for now & continue Salah-less.

However I might opt for Jota back in. That wouldn’t leave me with much for an attacker (6.8) , could go ASM or Eduord who have tasty fixtures.

The alternative is go to Maddison & Iheancho / Antonio.

Leivester are poor but they are scoring plenty & have Norwich after Liverpool who are also conceding plenty.

De Gea close to a price rise now and I have exact funds for Ramsdale -> DDG so doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Probably right to forget about the plan to role the transfer when I have no bench and all the talk of rotation. Tomiyasu has no game so will probably make way for Emerson (I think) who looked to be playing better in the game against Crystal Palace than I had seen in previous games.

Just checked, Iheancho will be going AFCON so will be swerving him.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Is Mahrez worth taking a hit for? He’s on fire at the moment but who knows what Pep will do

Well he definitely made a mug out of me. When I saw he had Maupay captained and Ronaldo 3rd on the bench and him taking a -8 hit I thought theres no way he could dump me out of the cup, yet he did. I looked at his GW history and his highest GW rank all season was 800k with loads of 4m and 5m GW rankings. In this one though he got by far his best GW ranking of the season on 92k and knocked me out 70 (-8) to my 60. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't think it's worth taking hits for a rotation risk. 48 hour turnaround, there'll definitely be changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Would take a punt on DCL especially after seeing the state of Newcastle defense so many flagged. I don't know too risky, fixture too long away. I still have 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very little mention of Firmino. With Salah & Mane gone, would he not be worth a punt for a couple of weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at White & Wilson out for Dier & Antonio for yet another hit.

Will leave me with 11 and no bench so expecting to get shafted by rotation this GW.

Edit: can't afford this ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

What are people doing with Bilva? I can get Son in for him (no hit) but I feel like he'll haul the second he leaves my team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ronaldo & Martinelli out.

Antonio & Son in.

Hoping to recover damage done by the free hit crew last game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I really want to go to Jota but it leaves me with 6.8m to get a striker.

Is Chris Wood worth a punt? Surely Burnley will have some DGW’s as they Are on only 15 games played.

Maybe Broja is the best option. I know they have Spurs who are rock solid but he’s looked a great player.

The alternative is to go Maddison & Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anyone think sterling or Mahrez will be rested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Yeah, one if not both will be. Sterling more likely in my opinion as Mahrez will be going to AFCON soon. Foden and Jesus will definitely start in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got Ronaldo/Martinelli in for -4 and tempted to sell both again to get Salah back for another -4!

I’ve gone ahead with & confirmed Raph -> Jota (c) & Laca-> King.

I know have King & Dennis.

Watford struggling for players still & have only had 1 full training session in 3 weeks.

Hmmm maybe should of went Antonio & Maddison but really wanted Jota

I might upgrade Steele to DDG and keep Ramsdale. Even though United were awful last night, DDG should rack up the saves and pick up the odd bonus. Would leave me with a playing 11 but no bench. Laca to Antonio for a -4 is a possibility. Not overly enthused on Antonio but maybe he'll kick on again now after finally scoring again. Or I could do Laca and Watkins to Kane and Broja. Wanted to keep Watkins though. Hadn't really planned on taking a -8 but am worried about rotation too so it could be a good play.

So...

Laca, Watkins, Steele to Kane, Broja, DDG for a -8...

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have decided to go without Salah and brought Jota in for Martinelli.

Gives me 11 players and I'll stick the armband on Jota.

I'm sure Mo is going to score, just hope Jota can too :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had another look....Wilson and Laca out for Firmino and (drum roll.....) Joelinton !

He's in form, albeit playing as a number 8 (I think) but will surely be playing further up the pitch with ASM and Wilson out

I sold Ramsdale for DDG. I had him since 4.5 and had gained a lot of value so was some bit reluctant to cash in.

But the fixtures are tough.

GW 20 blank

GW 21 City

GW 22 Spurs (potential DGW v Chelsea/Liverpool)

GW 23 Burnley

GW 24 Wolves

GW 25 blank

GW 26 Brentford

GW 27 blank

That's only 3 out of 7 GWs you're going to be playing him in.

On the other hand DDG has a few nicer fixtures in that time and potentially a couple DGWs also. He's racking up the save points currently too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

not sure I can downgrade concelo, he is up .8million if I buy him back

I've no idea about the credibility of this guy but seems like there is COVID in Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Adams and Armstrong are fit again so Broja might get a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Newcastle vs Everton now under threat due to injuries & Covid in the Newcastle camp. This is according to a well place Newcastle journo on Twitter.

I took him out but mainly because I wanted to replace cheap-cheap Locadia with Broja and have the exact amount in the bank now to do it.

I was gonna just do Locadia to Broja and keep Bilva this GW but any forthcoming price rise would skewer things for me.

But yeah, absolutely expecting Bilva to score two and assist another while Son is rested or pulls up with an injury.

• Advertisement

Still not sure whether or not to bring Kane in. It would mean a -4 but also mean needing 2 transfers to get Salah back when the time comes.

Fair warning lads- this is the last day the first wildcard can be used so theres a chance the FPL servers get overloaded again, it was likely all the free hitters who made it crash on Stephens Day

I'll be down to 8 if Cancelo and Gallagher don't make it. Then there's Bowen, Alonso, James, Foden as rotation risks. Hard to know whether to take hits or just leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

3 Arsenal and 3 Villa players :(

Thinking something like Watkins to Broja and ESR to Son for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pep could be giving Cancelo some time off training to manage his workload as he's so important to him at the moment.

Bear in mind Cancelo also missed a session before the Leicester game and still started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Thoughts on llores as a long term replacement for Ramsdale?

Llores has no blanks and should have 3 DGW as well

That's all 3 of City's full backs. Other than Ake filling in at LB, who else in the squad can play full back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Why are people who have him talking of transferring Ronaldo out with a home game v Burnley? Is it form, raising money or is there a covid/injury/dropped/rested issue I don't know about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have played wildcard. Any advice on tweaks to this team? Avoided Arnsel, despite their good form, because of upcoming fixutres and missing game weeks. I'd like more City players but they are so unpredictable lineup wise.

De Gea

Cancelo James Trent

Salah Jota Maddison Son

Broja Dennis Antonio

Subs: Begovic, Coufal, Saiss, Bissouma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I've gone to DDG myself, despite United playing so poor, their fixtures are good and I reckon there are more clean sheets there for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Shouldn’t really be posting random rumours from Twitter IMO unless it’s a solid source

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I think Dennis is off to the African Cup of nations soon. Might want to change him for king.

• Advertisement
Advertisement