Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be taking a booster?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

Myself and hubby got the booster on Xmas eve. Him moderna and me pfizer. He's had no reaction at all and I had an annoying arm for a day. We don't feel we have any choice as I'm due a hospital stay next week. But....if the hospital should cancel when we've played our part we're going to feel very differently. One way or another I feel they'll get their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭bmc58

Got my two jabs and the booster plus the flu jab.And if a fourth jab is needed for Covid or another varient I'll get that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I'm pretty pro vaccinations in general but think public health authorities may have done a lot of harm (by pushing boosters to low risk groups) to vaccination policys in general.

There was next to no good science that they were necessary for anyone other than high risk groups, are for those groups there will be more boosters.

What saved us from higher deaths and misery was the power of rational thought and the application of the scientific method.

This push on boosters might give oxygen to anti vaxers(and they don't need much) and grow their number which isn't going to be helpful in the long run for vaccines in general

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bellie1

Had same, pain under arm .I couldnt feel swollen lymph glands so was strange. Anyway all is fine now, I was boosted a week before you and maybe lasted a week max

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Got Moderna booster today after 2 Pfizer vaccines. Had no issues with Pfizer. Hopefully ok after Moderna.

Was in two minds about it all. Could have waited until mid January for a Pfizer one. But according to the recommendations mixing shouldn't matter or may indeed improve the immune response.

Also, hopefully preventing myself from getting too sick and doing my little bit to help prevent spread to others.

Still, I wonder about the long term safety of these new vaccines and how long can we keep vaccinating entire populations like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I'm pretty much fine now! I'd say the big time side effects started to kick in about 24 hours after the jab. I only had some soreness on the injection site for the first few hours and the next phase hit me early on Friday morning when I woke up in pain because my armpit was aching and had some pretty nasty muscle pains too. The fever hit me on Friday evening (and it did get close to 38 degrees) and when I woke up on Saturday morning, I still had a temp of slightly over 37 (to me that feels like fever, my normal temperature is around 36.5).

During the day I started to feel much better and on Sunday my only symptom was basically the swollen armpit. It was pretty annoying, basically had no armpit to speak of. It was sore and washing the area was pretty weird, there was like this big lump of fluid under the skin roughly the size of an apple. I figured it's best to try to move as normal as possible and stop being too careful with the arm. That worked because today the swelling has gone down almost completely and it's not sore anymore. Pretty annoying but it seems since the second Covid jab, all vaccines have been causing this reaction in various degrees.

From what I hear, many of my friends who had Moderna as booster have been pretty sick for a couple of days afterwards, more than they expected. But super glad to see it all went away fairly fast. I might though wait a while longer for the next jab if they offer it. Actually, if they offer the same stuff again, I'd rather just wait for a completely new kind of vaccine that is more targeted towards new variants. I'd also be interested in taking a blood test before the next vaccine to see how much antibodies I have at the moment but not sure if that's possible in Ireland.

So, a word of warning to people who will get the Moderna booster: be prepared to be feeling the after effects for about three days. The worst seems to kick in after 24 hours but luckily the worst only lasts for less than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Likewise. Ask me when Pfizer have completed and reported the results of the current ongoing clinical trials for their product. to be complete May 2023.

Till then, have signed up to an international mRNA unjabbed scientific control group.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Out of curiosity, has anybody else had a feeling of a "dead arm" come on a few days AFTER having their booster?

I had the booster 8 days ago, felt a bit off the day after, but nothing out of the ordinary.

But since Christmas eve my right arm is really annoying me. It feels like my like I've been sitting on my arm and it's dead, if you know what i mean.

I was so worried about it I actually went to A&E, did bloods, xrays etc but found nothing.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Are hotels checking vaccine certs.

I've a civil wedding tomorrow (groomsman)

Just checked mine and in typical fashion I got my second jab on 27th of June so my cert is out tomorrow.

Waiting for pharmacy to call me for my booster which should be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

• Advertisement

Thanks, was it changed at some stage? It said 6 months when googled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Amias

i was reluctant to getting the Moderna booster and wanted to wait for the Pfizer booster like my original vaccines.

the booster experience was horrendous and I still have side effects.

got the booster at 10am on the 22nd Dec

within 2 hours I had severe pain in my arm, went to bed at 7pm due to fatigue.

that night had fever of 38.6c waking up freezing every 30min and my OH thought I was delusional with what was coming out of my mouth during the night.

since the 22nd I’ve had extreme fatigue and if I go out I have hot flushes within minutes.

Never again with these boosters.

Currently fighting my daily headache since the shot.

jaysus I'm hoping this booster is better than my last two jabs.i got moderna and was sick for 40 hours after both.

Second one was worst though.

Pains all over and even a bit of delirium.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Clinical trials are long complete, ongoing study into the medicines is, well, ongoing, as happens with all new medicines released to the market.

When the 2023 study is completed, they will start other ones.

What's your opinion on the safety of the vaccines and boosters? Anything coherent to add? (remember to check your sources before posting and if it's only on bitchute, you're the mark...).

I don't think we have a date for when Ireland will enforce boosters as part of the cert yet, international travel will require it.

Do certs automatically get updated with reference to the booster?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

I had similar to you but it disappeared after two days. Moderna booster after having had Pfizer initially. You are just unlucky.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with luck. These vaccines have both mild and severe side effects.

1- Pfizer - mild

2- Pfizer - mild

3 - Moderna - Severe

Experiencing Side effects 5 days later is not something I will just brush off.

Personally that is the last of my Covid Vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

was just told today Irish certs don't have an expiration date ( yet !) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

My 2nd dose was well over 6 months ago and my cert is still valid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Correct. I had the same sequence, and was out of action for 3 days with the booster.

I would not take Moderna again.

It "expires" in relation to it being valid for intra-EU travel up to 9 months after your second dose, and that won't kick in until February 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tomredz

Got 2 jabs plus the booster and will continue to get more as needed.

I'm 61 and very fit, healthy, active and slim. I hike, swim and cycle. I take Vitamin D and C daily. I was really sick after both Astra Zeneca vaccines, they completely floored me for 5/6 days both times. So far I have not got any booster and am not planning to. I would prefer to get Omicron. I travelled to Europe and Norway twice last year on my Covid pass and the only reason I would get a booster is to travel.

I simply cant understand younger people saying they will get a 4th vaccine/booster too when its available?? Our natural immune systems will be completely wiped out after all these vaccines in such a short space of time. What happened to letting our bodies get something and recover naturally (unless of course you have an underlying condition). Why is nobody even discussing their own natural immunity which is something we always relied on in the past?

I got a bad virus in September, a cough, and head cold symptoms. I had a PCR and Antigen.....it wasn't Covid. Within a week I was over it by simply using over the counter remedies and taking it easy. I am delighted that I have an immune system that works as it should and now I have natural immunity to that virus! I understand sick people getting boosters but why is everyone else lining up for boosters and already looking forward to their 4th ? We are over Delta and Omicron has proved itself to be no more severe than a bad cold. Surely we should just be getting Omicron like we would get a seasonal head cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

well, I am not sure if this is a realistic date, as it looks some EU countries (Ireland included) have not included the booster in their "complete" vaccination scheme as of now (so too many "officials" still don't know/publish today how would the scenario where 3rd vaccine is taken in a different EU country than the cert emitting one be handled); I am very interested in this scenario, as I will have ties with 3 EU countries in regards the vaccines, and appears my question is too early: there are no solutions for this end of December !!!

well, I am not sure if this is a realistic date, as it looks some EU countries (Ireland included) have not included the booster in their "complete" vaccination scheme as of now

In what is it too early in Ireland? People in my age cohort (30s) won't have their cert expire until around May without a booster and yet we can get our booster officially from tomorrow (if not already through GPs).

Every age cohort will comfortably be offered a booster within 9 months of their second dose, with many months to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Got my booster on 21st. Tested positive on antigen on 26th.

No more vaccines for me.

• Advertisement

That's not how immune systems work, it's always the natural immune system doing the work (unless you're getting other non vaccine treatments such as over the counter remedies...).

Advertisement