Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence online - where is the pin number!? not on my reminder as website says!

• 06-06-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I went online to pay the TV licence and according to the website, my PIN should be on the reminder letter about my TV licence renewal but there is no PIN, only the reference number. I'm going away tomorrow so I need to pay for it tonight as I'm going away for a few months so would anyone know where I can find this? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

On my notice it was just under the ref number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The notice should have the title "Television Licence Renewal Notice" on the top, with 2 green boxes on the right with the 17digit Reference number and 5 digit PIN in the 2 white boxes beside them. If you don't have this I think you're out of luck with paying on-line.

There are other payment options, I've bolded some that might be of use before you head off.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/tvlicence250108.htm#FMI
    How do I pay for my TV Licence?

By Laser or Mastercard/Visa using the TV Licence Online Service
    By cash/cheque at any Post Office
    By Direct Debit from a current bank account (fill in the direct debit mandate form and return to your local TV Licence Record Office).
    By Laser or MasterCard/Visa through our Call Centre 1890 228528
    By sending a cheque (crossed and made payable to An Post) to any of our TV Licence Records' Offices
    By purchasing TV licence stamps at any post office
    By cash at selected Postpoint outlets

Postpoints are available in many shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I went online to pay the TV licence and according to the website, my PIN should be on the reminder letter about my TV licence renewal but there is no PIN, only the reference number. I'm going away tomorrow so I need to pay for it tonight as I'm going away for a few months so would anyone know where I can find this? Thank you.

same boat. the reference number is on there, but no pin number. and they give you a new pin number every year, so is not like you could use last years pin number even :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

From the AnPost FAQ
    I have mislaid my TV Licence reminder notice but want to renew online. What can I do?

You can go to our Online Service page and choose the "First Time Licence" option. This licence will be associated with your original record and the expiry is subject to amendment.
    Please note: It may take longer for your record to update if you choose this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jurgita Girkute

Hello we change address how we can change tv license to different address if I don't know no num no pin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Advertisement