Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭Dingaan

Great game!! That bit of needle added to the tension too.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Great game that, had a bit of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

What a match. Incredible and enthralling stuff 👏

Kim should have won it, think leaving D18 in the 5th leg was careless and sloppy

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Fantastic match.

Gezzy has balls on him like a Bengali tiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Unbelievable game. Feel sorry for Kim cause Price is a prick but at the same time you want him to progress on.

What happened when the ref intervened? Price say something as he was passing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Kimmy's finishing let him down. Two missed great chances to break Price at the death cost him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

One of the best games of darts I’ve seen in recent years, Kim will have nightmares about the double 20 route after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Wasn't great from him I thought. Fairly lucky to get the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Sign of a great player in any sport, can dig in and get the result when not on top of his/her game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The crowd are showing their IQ level and missing the irony of singing boris is a “Runt” and they the only country around where you can go on the beer and have sports!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What a brilliant game. Huybrechts will be kicking himself though. 9 darts at double missed at double to break in the final set.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Clemens is what Uter from The Simpsons grew up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Sky's darting 2021 review shows all players winning majors, 9 dart finishes and fallon sherrock hitting a 170 checkout.

Seriously!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

"we know what you are,we know what you arrrr,sheep shagging bastid we know what you are" .. what a embarrassment of a crowd,if it were to a Asian about dog eating it would be racism,I'm saying that as no fan of price, disgusting.

Are they lowering the crowd sound when they’re singing “…you sheep shaggin bastid…”, and a new one on me “…Sky Sports is fcukin sh1t…”?

TbL

Yea they had too, several times they had to lower the crowd volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

They were definitely lowering the crowd noise. Pity they wouldn't do it a bit more often. Especially when they break out the classic Yaya Toure chant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I noticed there was no throw at the bull to see who threw first in the final leg of price v Kim.

Do they not do that anymore?

No they stopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Yeah but as the poster said he gave his opponent 9 darts at a double to break throw in the last set. He got lucky I don't think he particular dug in. Poor performance overall especially from a world number 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Unlucky for Kimmy so the way the final leg fell to Price having first throw

Jonny Clayton trashes Clemens 4 - 0 to continue his unblemished record against the German dartist. A 102 average and a moderate 38% on the doubles was more than enough to see off Gabriel, who only won 4 legs or so. An very poor match entertainment wise, with the result never really in doubt a long way from finish line.. He gave it a bit of a go in set 3 (I think) did Gabriel, winning a couple of legs.. Should be a good matchup with Bully Boy next, for The Ferret..

Some good matches tomorrow..

My picks:

Mervyn - think he beats Lennon handy enough.

Searle - Noppert wasn't great against Heaver.

Cullen - looks closer than the odds suggest, but I think the favourite beats Kleermaker here

Gurney - think he shades it against Rob

Heta to cause an upset against Wright

MvG to beat Dobey in the last

Can't see Gurney or Heta winning, agree with the others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

James Wade averaged 83 in the only game he played and is into the last 16 and takes home a minimum of £35k is the most James Wade thing I’ve ever seen and he won't give a damn either.

Good luck to Steve Lennon against King today. He's in with a shout.

Was looking at the Searle-Noppert head-to-head yesterday and was surprised to see Noppert has won all 6 matches against Searle.

Must have a look at that myself.. Danny's marginally younger I'd say, but he's in the 'big time' longer that Searle... Don't think I'd read a lot into that particular stat 😊

Noppert is 3 years younger. 4/7 for Searle to win then I see that stat. I'll be staying away from it.

Noppert throws very slow compared to Searle so could be that, who knows.

Was only half listening but fairly sickening analysis by Sky on Price. He should be called out for his gamesmanship, constantly roaring etc.

But no, only that he's a great competitor etc.

I was more annoyed they didn't call out the audience on their racism/xenophobia (whichever one it is) , with their disgusting chants.. Not a word.. I guess it's called 'punching up' if the person on the receiving end is white, and so it's acceptable as far as Sky are concerned 😒

• Advertisement

I'm not sure they'll ever call out the crowd either. They encourage all the singing, muppetry etc as it looks like great craic, increrasing viewership, attendances and ultimately their bottom line.

Sky with the wrong score on their visual

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Merv is crushing Lennon here.

Don't agree. The man has balls of steel to go out there with everyone but the referee against and still win. He thrives on the abuse and hate. World champion and world number one despite all that. He may not be to everyone's taste but you can't deny he's a great competitor.

The game would be a poorer one without him.

Don't really disagree with any of that. But the constant roaring is gamesmanship without a doubt.

They would though, if it was a black, Asian, or Oriental dartist, and 'bananas' , 'rat eating' , or 'dog eating' were chanted by the crowd.. Anyway, it's not football, and at least darts hasn't gotten to the 'Kick it Out' stage.. yet..

The sooner this match is over - the better.. no way back for Steve - "he just has no answers" really.. 4-0 looks odds on now 😴

• Advertisement

All part of the game. Not sure why it upsets you.

Sky would be better off calling out some of the chants rather than just turning down the volume, in turn it's making Price look bad because people watching on TV can't hear what he's reacting to.

Steve Lennon with some serious double trouble here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Set 3 is like pulling teeth at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

He's had so many chances. He'll be gutted when he looks back on this.

King is very beatable looking at the way he's playing today.

Very odd game. Lennon wins that if he could have managed 30% on doubles.

He will be kicking himself.

• Advertisement

Lennon scored alright, but... those doubling stats 😭... Merv should have been beat by Ryan Joyce last round... Tougher tests for King ahead..

Do you really think it’s part of the game? How would you get on with antics like his at your local game?

Passion is needed of course. No doubt. It’d be a very dull game without it. But there is no doubt in my mind that he goes over and above in order to upset his opponent.

I dunno about the bookies, but I'd have Raymond Smith fav to beat Mervyn.. If close to evens, or better are available, I'll be having a go on Raymond Smith... I reckon the layers will go 10/11 apiece... Maybe make King jolly, and get 5/4-11/8 for Raymond 😆

Great start from Ryan here.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Searle absolutely **** the bed there

Terrible, should have won that set 3-0. Must have been watching Steve Lennon backstage

Searle having a mare but still somehow winning. So many 1s and 5s, killing him.

Who is this female commentator? Absolutely awful.

Why oh why is Searle constantly leaving tops when he cannot hit it. 47 with 3 darts in hand and goes 7 for tops. Why not 15 for 32 or 11 for 36.

I do not understand that at all.

Delighted for Ryan, my favorite player.

Hope he can keep going

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Laura Turner is her name, she's won one match at the BDO women's Worlds in her entire career, averaging 64. Evidently this is enough to get a job as a pundit on Sky.

Post edited by Deeper Blue on

• Advertisement
Advertisement