Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

Nope, I've never claimed that at all.

It's totally out of order to try and get personal information from posters on here. Don't defend his idiotic behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

You have claimed it under the guise of Scooby and you have acknowledged that you are Scooby. It`s not exactly rocket science, what with you wishing Bailey "all the happiness in the world" and "himself being himself" etc.

Yes, I'm Scooby. Not a secret.

Never claimed I have access to the garda file. Plenty of people do tho, and lots of information has leaked. That's not my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭chooseusername

" The grounds include lawns and vegetable patches.........."

Hmmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ah you did Scoobysna and you also claimed to be a Sleuth in an earlier thread.

But you got all your post content under Scoobysna deleted.

But this little doozie survived the deletion

click on the picture to open in a larger window

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

We see footage of Alfie walking into court during the libel trial accompanied by a woman who attempts at first to shield her face from a cameraman shooting from beside her but then is filmed by another from the front. Can you please confirm whether this is Shirley Foster and if so, do you know why she was reluctant to being filmed?

This woman with the camera may well have put a lot of people on the spot that morning for something humorous. Anybody replying with the standard Irish version of Bailey's reply; "Jaysus a Guard wouldn't ask me that" is immediately a murder suspect?

Jim Sheridan draws attention to this woman's later statement about Bailey hiding his hands during the Christmas swim as being very helpful to Detective Dwyer's fiction.

Since you seem to be an expert in signs in language, body or spoken, you might tell us why Dwyer said Bailey's arms were destroyed with scratches?

Or why Alfie says when asked if he heard anything on the night of the murder, he says "not a peep,we heard no..pause..human voices at all". Look at that pause and the strange use of 'human' before voices. Surely a sign of guilt to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

If you post this footage I might, but I am not going looking for it .

Not being sh*tty, but I know what Shirley looks like, I know she is a deeply shy and reserved person who due to one tragic event outside her control has been thrust into the limelight - and even accused of involvement in murder- so I am not convinced identifying her in a piece of footage adds anything.

I

It is not personal information to ask if you have contacted bailey.

In a pm you said you sent me pm as scooby.i have no pm from scooby. I have pm from Thompsonette covering the same subject. I have all the pms saved offline

Anything you don't like is harassment but last night you told a new poster not to make comments without reading the whole thread

Is that not harassment by your definition

You sent me a snotty pm because i called bailey a woman beating thug on the forum

He is an attention seeking woman beating thug whether he killed Sophie or not.injecting his so called poetry into interviews

Who cares about his narrcissm

A real interviewer would say put away your silly poems and answer the questions

No one is allowed question bailey or you are abusive and try to tell them what to say or that they should not say something you don't want said

So its a fair question to ask if you have an agenda .

• Advertisement

This discussion is about the Jim Sheridan documentary. It's in the part about the libel trial, I'll get back with exact time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sorry, I have no intention of watching any documentary.

I pop in here on the rare occasion to clarify things I have personal knowledge of and that is the sum total of my involvement. I'm certainly not going to participate in the Sophie Industry that has grown up since her death.

Shirley was a short, slight woman with long dark hair with grey streaks, in her 60s in 1996. She looked her age but in a good way, down to Earth way. Looked like exactly what she is - a kind, gentle, shy, teacher and artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

You two crack me up. I hope it`s only a lovers tiff. So confirmation then (as if it was needed) that Scoobs was indeed Thompsonette.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭flopisit

Or why Alfie says when asked if he heard anything on the night of the murder, he says "not a peep,we heard no..pause..human voices at all". Look at that pause and the strange use of 'human' before voices.

In the days after the murder, there was a big deal made about two men who heard the cries of foxes during the night and the gardai believed this may have been Sophie. Ian Bailey even wrote about it in his articles.

Leo Bolger was a suspect early on. The gardai obtained a hair sample from him on 1st Jan 1997, the same day they collected one from Bailey.

3:58pm - Hair samples were collected from Leo Bolger by Garda Pat Joy.

4:39pm - Hair samples were collected from Ian Bailey by Garda Pat Joy.

According to the DPP, there is a notation in the garda jobs book on 2nd Jan indicating "Ian Bailey is Suspect No. 7".

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Does it really matter if somebody creates a different account?

The content of the post is what's important. The viewer has the option to agree with the post or challenge it.

I have no doubt that a lot of the prominent posters that vanished overnight, did little more than create an alternative account. They didn't just stop reading and commenting on this thread and walk off into the sunset...

I's say 90% of posts are just a re-hash of already discussed topics (including my own). But every now and again, a new interesting statement is posted that whet's the appetite again.. The new names are adding a different spin to things, one or two posters actually research the topic before posting (quite refreshing), and then we have the die hards, to which no amount of contrary evidence will ever change their views.

i'm happy you get some amusement in this virus ridden world tibbles

Does it really matter if somebody creates a different account?

It matters because it is used to give more weight to their propaganda. Sock puppet I believe is the term

People should acknowledge if they have any contact with any of the sides in the investigation

The new names are adding a different spin to things, one or two posters actually research the topic before posting

and then are told they should not be posting or called fools or gaards because they disagree with the pro baileyites. Pro baileyites are watching and trying to stop anyone who says anything negative about IB

I'll just leave this here. Published in the Sunday Tribune on this day in 1996.

Could it be evidence of guilt or evidence of innocence?

• Advertisement

It was a big thing then. Now everyone in the pub has a computer in their pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

I agree with regards that every poster has their own opinion on the events that occurred in 1996. Each to their own, and let their views be respected.

Pro Baileyites are up for the same scrutiny as the Anti Baileyites - I see no argument there.

I think its far easier to eliminate suspects, than it is to name the killer (realistically, none of us really know anyway).

The viciousness of the murder has always stuck me as different. There was way too much violence used for a simple 'lost the head for a second' there moment..

The excessive violence was personal. Driven by a deep hatred, a hatred that can only evolve by knowing somebody intimately.

Even a violent road rage incident lacks the ferocity seen in Dunmanus that morning. In my opinion, Sophie had caused her assailant to deeply resent her, to the point of building up such a rage, that whatever exchange occurred that night / morning, was the final straw.

The fact that the killer ensured she was dead beyond doubt, may be an inkling that she could have identified her murderer had she lived?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

Interestingly..I see she owns a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I've yet to see any poster here who is utterly convinced of Bailey's innocence. I certainly ain't but I believe he is entitled to the presumption of innocence until found guilty in a court of law not some BS social media campaign. The fact that he wasnt even charged, speaks volumes. The posters who come on here convinced of Baileys guilt have yet to make any reasonable points as to why he should have been charged apart from claiming the DPP's report was a joke. Every now & then, their mask slips & they start talking about Bailey's domestic violence issues with Jules as reasons why he should be charged. That's simply nowhere near good enough, they'd be happy for an innocent man to go to prison just because he isn't likeable in their minds. This is how miscarriages of justice happen.

Simple fact of the matter is Bailey had no motive, no DNA evidence of his was found at the scene, there's no credible witness statements, his behavior in the aftermath (reporting on the crime for weeks, taking two court cases against the state & media) is extremely unusual with that of a perpetrator & its highly unlikely he even knew her. No amount of BS the so called anti Bailey crew come up deters from this. To top it off he was happy for the investigators to take his DNA & was willing to conduct a lie detector test. None of the above points to 100% innocence but its certainly highly unlikely behavior from someone who would have carried out this crime.

I dont think the violence at the scene necessarily shows someone who had a deep personal hatred towards her. I think it could easily have been someone who has high on drink or drugs, took exception to being rejected & then reacted overly aggressively. Then realizing what he had done, he probably felt the best way for him to get out of this mess, was to finish her off in the manner that he did. Panicked then, got in his car & took off like a bat out of hell. Someone who understood DNA evidence was unlikely to catch him in this case given how the attack was carried out.

I think if it was someone with a deep personal hatred, it would have been someone known in the community or to her family & friends. Someone she had been seen with on numerous occasions, a boyfriend, relative, work colleague, husband, etc. We know she didnt travel here too often on her own so I think a local boyfriend type is unlikely but it could have been a local acquaintance who had the "liathroidi" to try it on with her in the middle of the night. She was speaking on the phone with her husband literally a couple of hours before she was killed so its unlikely she was properly romantically involved with anyone here. If I remember correctly, DTDP even mentioned they were discussing the possibility of having kids on that telephone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭chicorytip

His bylne here reads Eoin Balley. Should be Eoin O'Baille, as he liked to be referred to around that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭chicorytip

You cannot substantiate most of what you contend in the second paragraph of your post. He could certainly have known her very well indeed and,although not motivated by any particular reason to kill her in a planned fashion, could certainly have flown into a murderous rage rendering him capable of obliterating her face with a concrete block. His behaviour in the aftermath and during the investigation does not seem that unusual at all. Better to hide in plain sight, particularly in such a small community. What else was he going to do? Abscond and leave the jurisdiction?

• Advertisement

You see, the fact of the matter is Chicorythick or whatever you're called, I dont need to substantiate, the man tasked with deciding whether people are charged or not for crimes such as this backs up pretty much everything I say. He's independent, not a corrupt judge or another one of our many corrupt gards. And if you dont like that, that's your problem. Not a shred of hard or credible evidence has linked Bailey to this crime. Now, I know this must sicken some people but its the reality. Bailey is no more of a suspect than at least another ten others in this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement