Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money from Spanish bank to Irish Bank

• 29-12-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I worked in Spain for 2 years, this was my first job in EU, then I moved to Ireland and worked here for 1 year.

I transferred all my salary earnings from Spain to Ireland AIB bank, around 30k. Do I need to pay any tax, declare anything in Ireland, or do something else here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you previously lived in Ireland or the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sasejo8552

No, never, I lived in South America before, then I moved to Spain and got my Italian citizenship then I found a job in Spain. The only country in EU I lived before going to Ireland was Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No tax. Nothing should arise, although Revenue at some point may ask "Where did that money come from?" to which you reply "From my savings when I worked in Spain" (or whatever) and show them bank statements and pay slips.

Having €30,000 in your current account might not be a good idea. Transferring some to a savings account or a pension (big tax break) might be a good idea.

Advertisement