Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

This is just incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

This has been a great watch. Great to see the two lads fist pumping, no silly games just great respect and darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

The spirit the two lads are playing this in is incredible, given the tension. Brilliant darts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Unbelievable, what a match.

So much respect and sportsmanship being shown as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Unreal , shame to have a loser here

Real shame it’s not a final or semi.

Could watch this all night.

This compared to most of the dross over the last two weeks, chalk and cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Some match alright.

Such a quick switch and hit for such an important double 6 from Smith, starts the next leg with a 180.

Some balls on Smith for that double 6 with Clayton waiting on 24.

• Advertisement

Smith breaks, throwing for the match.

Wow, after all that Clayton left Smith with 6 darts for it and he takes it.

Gutted Clayton is gone but fair play to Smith. Best game I've watched in a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Brilliant match. Didn't think it go the distance after the first 2 sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Unreal game and bottle from both. Match of the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Definitely up there with the best games I’ve ever seen

Superb

Pity there had to be a loser

TbL

• Advertisement

Top quality darts.

Such a shame Clayton is gone and so many bums with averages in the 80s are left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Great watch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

Was hoping for Clayton there. Very harsh to go out considering how below par some of the others have been but savage fight from Smith.

What a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Sensational game.

Clayton fires in a T20, drops a dart, resets and fills up the treble. In the deciding set. Unreal.

Fantastic! Hope Smith wins it out now.

• Advertisement

Brilliant

Never thought I'd see the day when bullyboy would close out a tight , high scoring game when the pressure was really on.

Hope he backs it up now and goes all the way, he'll be up against it against gezzy price

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

I fancy Smith this year

The whole 'Tungsten Titans' malarkey is far too overused but not out of place for that one.

Stunning stuff.

Fact. Look at Soutar, great story n'all but don't think yes averaged over 90 in any game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That was a great match. Riveting from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Class game, really looking forward to his match against Price. Hopefully Smith wont be burned out after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Top quality game. Smith's quality has never been in question but I think he showed composure there that he's seldom shown before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Match of the tournament for sure. Smith showed some great bottle there although it's usually finals that he falls apart in. Gutted Clayton is out but it was an epic game.

Smith has a real chance against Price because the crowd will be massively in his favour.

Clayton with the highest average, most 180s, most 140+s, highest out and still lost. Mental. All about the doubles and Smith was very good on them tonight.

It's games like this that's making me hold off on cancelling my SSports subscription 😊 Eff all else worth watching on them channels.. Still ringing them in the new year for a reduction, the hungry shower! 😒

• Advertisement

90 140s and 25 180s thrown there. That's just stupid.

Won't sleep a wink tonight after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Gerwen is going to do his best to get under bullys skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

why were the crowd after clayton? price i can understand but clayton is a top guy.

Just usuall english again wales crap i assume?

Yes but Price will goad and torment him, won’t be like tonight where there was mutual respect and a bit of a laugh between the two of them.

TbL

They seem to be very pro England this year. More so than I can remember in the past.

Very annoying booing all other players. Knobheads.

That's what you took from watching that match, who the crowd wanted to win? Honestly who cares.

Do you think a crowd in the 3 Arena would be shouting for Clayton if he was playing Willie O'Connor?

if you are throwing for the match and a couple of hundred idiots are jeer you then it can make all the difference , bad crowds have litterally been the cause of guys winning and lose matches over the years.

i remember being at the mvg mervin king final years ago where king had the game won only for idiots boo him

The pdc have let it go on for to long , its out of hand now.

This is the first year i have seen signs on the screen warning fans will get thrown on for verbal abuse

• Advertisement

Think you're wrong there. There will be a lot of mutual respect between Smith and Price. Price has already said that if he doesn't win the competition outright Smith will.

The crowd will be 100% with Smith and 100% against Price. If Smith gets a lead and can keep his scoring high, he'll have a massive advantage and I'd expect him to win. Or if he can just keep with price eary on.

'Best of Order' is gone a long time now.. Watching matches from mid nineties on 'Darts Gold' and the crowd are fairly quiet throughout.. Fast forward a few years to 1999, and it's similar to today's craic..

The way Laura Woods was talking this evening it sounds like they will be throwing people out of the arena if there is carry on like the other night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

The crowd actually weren't that bad for that one.

I'd say there's a good respect for the likes of Clayton. Would imagine a few in the crowd would have wanted him to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I have no real pity for players who are booed, jeered etc - particularly when they purposefully leave themselves open for it - like Price does.

It really is not different to Man Utd playing away in Anfield, Europe playing away in the Ryder Cup etc. A professional sportsperson needs to get on with it.

Different story when racism or xenophobia comes into it of course, but at the same time, you need to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just caught up on the Smith Clayton game. Amazing stuff. Maybe the pace of play suited Smith and allowed him find a rhythm. Great stuff from both, how often did Clayton open with a 1 or 5 then lash in T20, T20? Standard was top notch throughout. Unreal.

• Advertisement

15/8 for Ray Smith to beat King tomorrow seems very generous. Seriously thinking of lumping on that.

Humphries to beat Dobey at 9/10 is decent value too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There is little doubt about it: If the game is close, Price will do everything he can do to win and that includes the gamesmanship he has exhibited numerous times in his career.

He was roaring and screaming against Clayton in the GSOD (i think) so if he does that against his countryman and best darting friend (?) then what hope does Smith have?

Noppert has now tested positive (although he’s out) Ryan must be anxious

At this stage they’ll end up finishing it out over zoom 😒

TbL

I think there's a huge difference between revving yourself up (as he does in almost everygame) and intentional gamesmanship

If you look at the controversial games (v Anderson , v Gurney, for eg) they are all giving as good as they get and you could equally accuse them of gamesmanship (especially Anderson). Kim Huybrechts the other night was play the gamesmanship card for sur

I'm not sure he's ever intentionally focused on gamesmanship to win a game tbh. Why would he when he's the best darter in the world...

• Advertisement
Advertisement