Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for carpet to laminate replacement and carpet to wood stairs

Options
  • 30-12-2021 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

can anybody give me a rough estimate what it would cost to have a builder rip out the carpet from upstairs and the stairs leading up?

I'd like to have it replaced with laminate in the bedrooms, landing and some sort of wood conversion to the stairs.

The rough measurements are:

10 Stairs

Landing 6.0 sqm

Bedroom 1: 5 sqm

Bedroom 2: 14 sqm

Bedroom 3: 8 sqm

I've contacted about a dozed companies for quotes but in the past 2 months but have yet to receive a single quote. I'd just like to know what to budget aprox.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

far too many variable.

is the house empty. moving stuff around is expensive

are the skirting boards coming off and going back on. painted or varnshed or prefinished,

is there a beading going on the skirting

what shape are the rooms. funny shapes take longer

who is supplying the flooring and accesories

who is organising the skip for the carpet etc.

allow a days labour for stripping out the carpet and cleaning up after that.

15-20 euro a sq meter to install the floor plus beading, slips ,skirting ,cutting doors etc

not sure the labour for fitting it on a stairs. say a day,

overall probably guessing 1300 -1600 plus vat, plus the flooring and skip but who knows without seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Thanks for the reply! The rooms are all entirely empty rooms are all pretty standard squares with old fireplace in 2 of them though skirting would be needed and I'd be looking to have everything done by the contractor, source, remove carpet, install and dump. I'll keep contacting more contractors and hope someone eventually gets back. Thanks for the indication though!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Of I were you I’d hire a skip put it in driveway and pull up old carpets myself. Not a big job and then get all your rooms measurements go to wherever you want to buy your laminated and most of them will supply a fitter as well and give you a price.

Advertisement