Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Loved the mutual respect between the two. Jonny is having the time of his life and I'd imagine he'll kick on again from this. Once his cover play improves he can win anything.

That must have been after their (hers and Webster's) opening gambit 'admonishment' of the treatment of Price fell way short of the mark - so she felt as if she'd to 'up Sky's game' re 'sanctions' 'people getting chucked out' etc,, Sounded like she was making it up herself, and a bit half-hearted too.. don't recall Laura mentioning anyone/organisation in particular who are intent on 'Kicking it Out' , or where/from whom this new supposed rule was coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Laura Woods is the presenter. Her direction comes from the broadcaster. No way is she making it up herself.

Fair enough - just thought she was winging it myself.. I didn't hear her mention where this directive is coming from.. Will wait and see what happens.. I won't believe it 'til I see it happen though.. Could be she was told to say what she did, but without being definitive.. not saying I'm right - just dubious is all 😟

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

What do you expect to happen?

That the crowd will stop singing the chant in question?

Unlikely, especially if they are boozed up and Price riles them in some way

For the perpetrators to be thrown out?

Yeah perhaps. How do you deal with it even if only 10% are chanting it? That’s 300ish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

i think price will be happy bully won,cause he prefer to play bully than hes country man jonny who has done price a few times this year.

over to you now bullyboy can you can you.................................................

how fitting it would be for a first major to be bullyboy as 2022 world champion,long way to go but tonight has shown he can do it,but needs to plough on now and heavey score and big outs at the right time v price.

Just like football is my only answer to that.. They're all over the cctv craic at them matches.. surely they can get a lipreader or three up in the control booth, and maybe a few strategically placed mikes..

Doubt much will happen anyway, and very few will likely be thrown out... But even fifteen or twenty might be enough to get the sizeable minority to behave..

As to how it's going to be 'policed' , and who's going to do the chucking out (wouldn't think there's a lot of coppers there) , well that's a whole 'nother ball game.. I don't think the booing/jeering is right at all, but it's pretty much part and parcel nowadays, and not likely to stop; especially since it's a big part of the whole wrestling type atmosphere..

But the chants about Price are on a completely different level, and completely unacceptable.. If it was a female dartist, this craic would be on all the front pages - we both know it..

But me and you won't solve it, and I just want to make a point, and not get into a major argument 😊

Soon time for bed, and some great clashes tomorrow (later today).. think Cross hammers Ando; similar with Rydz v Soutar - if Callan plays like he did against Aspinall I can't see Soots live with him.. rest look hard enough to call, but I really hope Wright gets beat.. His clown costumes are annoying, plus he throws relatively slow compared to the majority of the top boys nowadays...

ya don,t need a lip reader for there carry on when we can hear it from here not to hard to zoom in on the hundreds singing it...............

pdc dont care unless the higher bodys get involved and theres pressure,pdc only want your money thats whats making darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some great darts today topped off by the last match. The class on show in that last match was something to be behold. It's as good as I've ever seen from two players.

Based on play I think Smith and Rydz have looked the best to this point but the last two world champs have to be the favourites I think.

Can't argue with any of that.......the level of darts last few days has been off the scale. I think Clayton/Smith was one of the best games I've ever seen. Rydz threw some beautiful arrows yesterday afternoon......but I really thing Price is going to pull off the 'back to back'.

This first match today is impossible to call. Mervyn King is favourite, despite not being in the best of form, because Smith hasn't played very often on the PDC. He's unranked but well regarded by many of the pros.

Based on what we've seen I think the fairytale ends for Alan Soutar today. I'll be shouting for him but Rydz was outstanding yesterday and looks a real threat to everybody.

I gotta fancy the more consistent Humphreys in the third one over the more talented Dobey.

Later on I'd expect good wins for Wade and Wright but anything could happen in the match between Cross and Anderson. Anderson gets better as the tournament goes along and Cross is very in and out all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think Smith has a great chance to beat King in the opener.

He’s far too big a price based on their form during the tournament so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Those floaty graphics sky use to show the players and stats etc... Need to be stopped they're laughably bad 🤣

Raymond... Raymond Smith!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Not a great set there from Smith

Clayton must be getting sick on his cornflakes watching these puddings this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Merv hasn't brought his A game with him today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

was just about to post the very same

this is some load of scutter compared to last nights score-fest

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

C'mon Merv !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Smith hasn't looked comfortable since winning his 3rd set and picking a fight with the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Bow down to the king !

Cmon Ryan Searle..

Last match were right rubbish

Absolute garbage.

Embarrassing darts for a last 16 game, especially from Smith.

If this was the BDO the naysayers would be out in force. Worst standard in a PDC World Championships I can remember.

Rydz should win the next easily if he keeps playing like he has been.

Soutar seems likeable but he will need to up his level today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A crowd full square behind Mervyn King, who makes the heart symbol at them at the conclusion of the game.

What alternative dimension am I in?

Lol, was looking on in disbelief myself.

Smith's inecmcperience showed there, just unable for the pressure.

This is a big test for Rydz, going in as a huge favourite to make it to a Word Championship qf.

I like the look of him I have to say, looks like a killer.

I'm shouting for the fireman though.

Hasn't lost a set yet, Rydz.. Pressure unlikely to get to him... Could be a demolition job... either way, it's gonna be a far better encounter than the muck served up beforehand.. Hope Soots can at least win of the first 2 legs..

Where's John Part when ya want him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm seriously considering muting my TV instead of listening to Laura Turner, she's the absolute pits

Gwan Soots.. A set up against the darts.. Will Rydz be rattled?... Turner 'predicted a riot' 😁 "Were you practising that Laura?" 😅

Show some respect, she’s a former women’s World Championship quarter finalist you know. 😏

That was a tasty 122 from Rydz. Always nice them unusual finishes - hits three red bits, with the D7 the last of them, and now he's gone another leg up.. Cmon Soots - not over yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Move over James Wade.

I think we may have a new machine.

Rydz is a serious player.

Still only 23 as well, seems to be fearless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is Rydz trying to copy this look

That was fast, Soutar didn't do too much wrong either. Rydz is a very serious contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Rydz is some man apart from the dodgy barnet, love to see him win it.

And the hate on here for Price is something else, the darts would be a duller watch for me without him.

Was half hoping Rydz lost, on account of him being ~100/1 (and not backing him) after his impressive victory against the Japanese dartist Yamada in his first game.. Can't be much more than 10s now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Jeepers the amount of talk about the guy's hair. Fairplay to him, if it was said about one of the women's there would be thread bans.

Pretty serious stuff there in the last leg if the set. Humphreys only got 9 darts and he was on 54 but he never gets a chance to finish it.

Look I don't think it's hate. He's not a likeable chap and he's a really good player so people love to see him lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Luke loses the set with a 112 average. Incredible. Hopefully the standard keeps up. Rydz was great to watch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I must be one of the few who like Price. Fantastic player. Sure he gives it some when he celebrates but so do most players. IMO MvG is worse. I've seen him celebrate getting 100s at times.

Crikey, Humphreys must be wondering what he has to do. 103 average and 40% checkout average and he's down 2 sets.

Luke has a squeak here - just...

High quality game, Luke is banging in maxes with ease.

• Advertisement

Thought Luke was cooked when he missed D16 - he's well in it now.

Advertisement