Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options
1277278279280281283»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Baba falling back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Interested in what you said on spread betting and who do you use. I also have been thinking about stock options for US equities but can't find any platform in Ireland. I also hear some of the US people on Discord happily betting on the SPY and QQQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Baba up 9% now. It's up and down like you know what.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Growth seems to have a bit of a pop today.

My DKNG is up 6.2%, LMND is up 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I use IG. It allows 1 to 5 leaverage for normal shares, and 1/50 I think for the indexes. I'll be bluntly honest though serious element of luck involved, and its absolutely not something I'd recommend you waste much time at, its fine to use with some thought out strategies (which I'd hope mine above would of been, during a fed q&a), but obviously element of luck, if the market didn't like something jpow announced it could swing against me fast. Also you absolutely should never ever allow yourself to come close to a margin call, if you do it basically means you haven't set proper targets or stop losses, and you probably let emotions take over and let a trade that went against you run away far too long. The last 6 months I've been using it to swing trade, only a small amount (less than 1%) of my overall account, and in general I'm no better off, I have a run of like 5 or 6wks steadily building up, but then the whole market goes against me and I loose the previous 6wks profit lol. Dec 2020 was very kind to me and by pure luck I cashed out the full amount in Jan 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I've been doing options since about July. I use Firstrade (US based) . It's a big learning curve and I've made plenty of mistakes but finally recovering from them to show a profit.

I recommend setting up a spreadsheet and taking trades on paper for a few months while you learn.

Markus Heitkoetter on YouTube has tonnes of training videos.

Biggest tips. Don't chase premium (that burnt me big time) and only sell puts (if that's what you're doing) on stocks you wouldn't mind owning (another rule I didn't follow at the start). Now that I follow those my results are becoming consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

4D down 57%

ATVI down 28%

AYX down 50%

BE down 25%

CIEN up 43%

PTSH down 30%

SQ down 26%

CHGG down 66%

EDSA up 30%

IAG down 11%

AMD up 58%

Quite a horrific year with only 3 winners out of 11 picks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I think SQ will be a great long term hold, despite the poor year.

Airbus. They are increasing their production rate and announced a series of key customer conquests in the last month. Boeing have no means of responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Rotten end to 2021. All 9 of my stocks in the red today. Good riddance to this year tbh. Need BABA to return bigly next year and all will be good again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Wonderful year. STE growing.

Got Moderna at $29 in March 2020 and sold Sept last at $429. A gamble based solely on my wanting to see if i could profit from Covid, and sold solely on the basis of "would i buy them at this $429 price?. No".

Was like a Cheshire cat getting my shots of you know who.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tomgaa

Happy New Year chaps, wishing you all a prosperous 2022!!!

ive been following the tread for a few months but never posted but looking to invest wisely this year.

So far I’ve invested in

• Viacom
    • Greencoat renewables
    • Brookfield infrastructure

Few questions if anyone has anything to offer.

• Ocugen & Tilray have seen some drops over the last few months and im thinking now might be the best time to invest? Has Ocugen seen its high and is unlikely to get back to double digits?
    • what do any of you use in terms of software or apps for monitoring, tracking or determining where you in invest?
    • what newspapers, online forums, or websites do you follow to keep up to speed with the world?

Cheers

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I see you have invested in a few renewable stocks. Check out $RNW also; it’s less than $8 now and a good long term one. It’s India’s largest utility company which launched on the Nasdaq last year. I expect it to grow a lot over the next 5 years or so. Obviously India is under a lot of pressure to get more into renewables with its large population and Renew Energy will be expected to lead the way in this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Stocks are taking some hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

There has to be a good opportunity at some stage in this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Advertisement