Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'm not going round the houses on this with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’d that like “give me back my ball I’m going home” ?

You are bit sensitive about this especially considering you don’t like most of the rubbish

or was it just that I asked why you spending time on something that is rubbish to you? Like I said - you can watch and discuss stuff you like and stuff you don’t like all you want - I was just asking why you want to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

bookmarked...

What does that mean?

someone posted that earlier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That was how he got out in the Mandalorian armour book series aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yeah, I just remembered/realised that particular scene takes place in the past and Boba isn't aware of a "mayor" yet.

I don’t think I was explaining myself properly.

Jabba was the power on Tatooine (and based on this episode all his vassals seems to be on Tatooine - that is what I got from it anyway) and there would be a calm of sorts so when Luke and friends took him down there was in control of the various criminal elements so there would be chaos while the various heads tried to defend themselves or take more territory plus you’d have the thugs trying to stake a claim.

even years later things could still be unstable.

so the Mayor is obvious a major player but there are others too.

assuming the Mayor was mayor during Jabba’s time I doubt his guys would be beating up a farmer to rob canister of water.

I think those thugs are just thugs.

in regards to the Mayor I hope the parkour guys are not his. The minion was very very self assured and talking down to Fett - if he is like that the Mayor will be on another level. So I think it would be fun if the Mayor doesn’t need to send in muscle (at this stage) becasuebhe isn’t worried about Fett or taking him seriously - and when he realises Fett needs to be taken seriously that he is a strategist and a slippery politician - he thinks. The muscle will be a last resort.

There seems to be plenty of other guys to send thugs after Fett.

I might be way way off though…

Post edited by Need a Username on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

No, I understood what you said, but I was referring to my own speculation (that's more than likely way off now), as in my head I knew that scene played out in the past, but I was basing my theory off of the present events after Boba takes over, so it doesn't apply. I could substitute the mayor for Bib Fortuna and it might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought episode one was good if not great, the flashing back and forward thing kind of takes you out of of each timeline. Some of the costumes did look a bit rubbery, and that monster in the desert felt a tad Harryhausen...the "parkour" thing on the rooftop also wasn't great tbh.

Fun enough for me to stick with it for the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The sand alien immediately reminded me of

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the first episode and ehhhhh ... It was ok. The Mandalorian took a while to grab me too so no decisions yet, but as someone in the thread already commented: I wondering what the point of the show was?

If this wasn't Star Wars, would I care? Probably not, but then if this wasn't Star Wars maybe more care would be taken to establish a definite premise or motivation. Clearly the show assumes its viewers know who Boba Fett is and moving from there...

And while not a blocker in of itself, I am so thoroughly sick of Tatooine in Star Wars. Maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

While we are talking ages Ming-Na Wen is 58 and still doing most of her own stunts as far as I'm aware.

you not looking forward to the Kenobi series then I take it? ;)

I’ve had enough of the desert and desert type planets, Lucasfilm need to recruit some boffins to explain to them that desert and barren rocky worlds are not places were people would go to live

"Tattooine" is a cheap location.

I'm in the same boat though. I just don't see the point of this show, especially when 'The Mandalorian' is about. They're essentially the same bloke. At least as far as bounty hunters in fancy suits are concerned. 'The Mandalorian' just makes this Boba Fett show completely redundant really. But now that there's two shows with similar blokes, they both kinda take from each other.

TBH, I'd have much preferred Mando S03 than this thing, no matter how good it might turn out to be.

As for the show itself, it's definitely aimed at a cadre that's familiar with both Star Wars and especially Boba Fett. My poor missus hadn't a bull's notion what what was going on, especially in the flashbacks. But she was all in with 'The Mandalorian'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

apart from both wearing mandalorian armour what is the similarity between the two? they have completely different characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm hoping Kenobi gives some excuse to leave Tatoinne. One of the joys of Mandalorian was visiting these other planets and vistas, that virtual set put to great use there. Tatoinne is supposed to be the back àrse of nowhere but SW can't help tying itself to that bloody planet. And if it ain't Tatoinne it's their non union equivalents like Jaaku or that other desert planet from Episode IX 🙄

Its funny. Streaming has kinda allowed for more lackadaisical pacing, shows behaving like sprawling visual novels, episodes like chapters, than traditional serialised television. Which can be cool; when it works it makes TV a really engrossing medium. But even the most dawdling of shows tend to drop a shoe by episodes end. At the end of episode 1 of this, I kinda went "is that It??".

And she still looks at least 10 years younger than that: those are some genes she has. Had wondered about the stunts cos the fight scene had a distinct Agents of SHIELD feel to them.

The armour and that they have both been bounty hunters and that neither is an actual Mandolorian by birth.

their personalities are different and as are their goals in life.

That isn’t the family genes - I have lived in China and many women look far younger than they are. You could genuinely not tell and mother and daughter apart sometimes.

• Advertisement

I was hoping that that series was really going to get deep into the Force and what it is and show Kenobi studying it and the general hardship of life there along with with some interactions with Lars, Beru and young Luke. And other than the locals who would know him as a weirdo then not many others. And that Hayden Christiansen would feature in flashbacks and visions.

I had seen people thought a rematch with Vader was happening and I assumed it was just fan **** but apparently McGregor was hinting at it (although he could be deflecting).

Sonwheter it is flashbacks or Kenobi has to go off world I think we will see other locations. If that is so then I hope it modern cities and alien forests - not a trip to another planet of sand and rock.

Kenobi and Boba Fett have to be on Tatooine (Fett can always relocate later if the series continues). Mandalorian has been to a sand planet in the premiere and Tatooine twice and Greef Kraga’s world is that kind of place but at the least the show has been to a forest planet, ice planet and a few cities/towns.

Are Filoni and Favereau on Twitter? Someone could always tell them “enough bloody sand already” in ALL the shows. Including the ones yet to come.

As to the Sequels, less said the better….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just watched the first episode there, what is it meant to be? It was an incredibly slow burner.

I guess the show will chart Fett's slow rise to dominance, maybe episode a clash with each local power resisting his grab. But damned if I can see where character growth or arcs will come from; Fett seems fairly ready baked, so to speak. Not like The Mandalorian, where you could tell from the off where the emotional road was going to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you could hardly describe them as "essentially the same bloke" then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jennifer Beals is 58 as well and look amazing for her age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'd be a casual fan I suppose.

I thought it was decent enough and looking forward to next episode.

Sorry I misunderstood your post .

I read it on its own not realising you were responding to the previous one which I had not read.

I thought you were someone new to the franchise comparing the two characters and that maybe English was not your first language

I see now that your English is fine but that both my reading and comprehension skills were not in full working order

Mortified and justly so

Sure. But what I mean is that it's obvious that Ding Dong was a knockoff Boba Fett and 'The Mandalorian' is basically the Boba Fett show, without Boba Fett. I'm just curious as to why Disney just didn't have the balls in the first place to make 'The Mandalorian' about Fett. Why the pussyfooting around?

Were they afraid that casuals wouldn't take to a 3rd tier bad guy as the central character? So they made the goody two shoes version instead? It's curious.

But now, there's two TV shows with two guys in the same suit making each other kinda redundant in a way. There's just no real point to this show.

It IS a bit strange all right. I'd say with Mando, Disney wanted the cool armour and marketable iconography - just without the canon baggage that came with Fett. But then season 2 seemed way more eager to drop in cameos and spin-off teases, including Mr Fett. So maybe Disney panicked, overcorrected when fans blew up over the (admittedly punchy) return of the bounty Hunter

• Advertisement

You seem to think someone at Disney created The Mandalorian.

They might have recognised the marketability of the cool imagery once it was shown to them but you must be mad if you think anyone at Disney has enough of a grasp on the franchise to come up with an idea for it.

Advertisement