Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yeah no. The vaccines don't confer life-long immunity, which is where I suspect you have set the bar at. The virus mutates too much for that. They do however drastically reduce the number of hospitalisations and deaths from Covid. With these record case numbers, if we didn't have vaccines, we'd all be under lockdown and national health systems would be in a more extreme state than previously.

Christ, after nearly 2 years of this it's incredible that people still don't understand the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

The vaccine is like a seatbelt in a car. The aim of a seatbelt is to reduce the risk of death or serious injury in the event of a car crash. Do you believe seatbelts are ineffective at saving people in a car crash if they don't save 100% of people?

What proof do you have that there wouldn't be more deaths or people in hospital without the vaccine given that the case numbers are at record levels and rising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

All you've demonstrated is your unsubstantiated musings belong in this forum. You are putting forth a conspiracy theory based on nothing other than your feelings. You are accusing state bodies of a conspiracy with pharmaceutical companies to profiteer during a global pandemic. If you can't see that, then you are beyond saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

The don’t confer anything as the cases are up and restrictions are back. Nope that’s the virus mutating to a weaker variant, if the vaccine stops hospitalizations then why are restrictions back? Ah yes did the vaccine salesmen tell you that? Ofcourse they will paint a lovely picture for their vaccine.

The basics are pretty clear, a vaccine by definition stops infection…infections are at a record high, that equals a fail in my book.

Ah yes I remember hearing that from another vaccine salesman and now you are also using it, How original!

Nope sorry in the real world the point of a vaccine is to stop infection, which it’s failed to do. Seatbelts are my definition meant to stop someone from moving forward in a car crash, there’s the big difference, the seatbelt does it’s job but the COVID vaccine doesn’t.

Because this is the mildest strain of covid we’ve had so far as the experts in SA for example established. Ofcourse the vaccine salesmen have jumped in and claimed it’s because of their vaccine like any salesman would do, they just need afew gullible idiots to fall for it, thankfully they have plenty!

• Advertisement

You see this comment shows you haven’t a notion why you are talking about so fall back on the lazy one liners the vaccine salesmen gave you to use.

What I’ve done is accused vaccine salesmen of using selective data to boost their profits through the sales vaccines, this has been done for decades in loads of different fields but all of a sudden when a sucker such as yourself has been well and truly duped suddenly it’s all a conspiracy.

If you open you’re eyes and see the pure nonsense these companies are coming up with to promote their product you’d see it yourself but you’ve bought the propaganda and lies and are so far involved that you can’t see reality, I actually feel sorry for you.

My apologies I didn't realise you had such impressive knowledge of vaccines. Maybe you can use your expertise to help tweak the vaccine so the salesmen can really make some money. They might even give you a commission.

Seriously though what are your beliefs? Do you think there is no need for a vaccine and it's just a way to make money( I.e. a conspiracy) or do you believe there is a need for better vaccines which reduce transmission?

Just common sense and using the definition which is still more knowledge than you have it seems.

Yep only it’s not a conspiracy if you haven’t been fooled by it yet, you my friend fell straight into the trap. If I wanted a better vaccine I certainly wouldn’t go back to these producers, they made a vaccine that some how has led us to being in a worse position now than we were in with no vaccine, that’s remarkable.

The only amazing thing they've is quietly try to change the definition of what a vaccine is supposed to do in order to make their crap seem like gold. It got you atleast and plenty of others, although fortunately for you there are people like me around who can see the bullshit from a mile away, don’t worry I’ll make a stand you go off and buy more of their products, they absolutely love you.

I'll try again. Do we need a covid vaccine? Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Watch how he'll weasel away from this.

Conspiracy theorists don't like direct questions.

• Advertisement

Ok. So there is no ulterior motive behind the restrictions, and none of them will be permanent. You disagree with your fellow conspiracy theorists.

So why are all governments and all doctors involved in a conspiracy to get people to take a vaccine that does nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You really are all over the place.

According to you it was not difficult to dig up this connection between the CSO and vaccine producers. Yet when asked to show this supposed connection nothing but the usual conspiracy drivel of attempting to deflect from answering what you were asked. Even the daftest conspiracy theorist could not keep a straight face to claim vaccine companies are so desperate to sell vaccines to 7% of our population that they are in collusion with the CSO too do so.

On the CSO claim that they were "vaccine salesmen" I`m sill waiting for you to explain how the CSO got their headage money from vaccine producers when they had no input as to which vaccines would be ordered, what the quantities would be, or which companies they would be ordered from.

You were claiming that we were told that vaccines would prevent infection. Show us where any of the vaccine producers claimed that ? They never did, nor did they claim that vaccines would totally eliminate serious illness or death. Neither did the FDA, the EMA or any other regulatory authority before these vaccines were approved by them. Rather than doing your research on grifter websites, Facebook or Twitter, do a bit of real research on the efficacy ratings both the vaccine producers and the regulatory authorities gave these vaccine and then come back to me and show me were 100% efficacy was claimed for prevention of infection, serious illness or death.

On the very off-chance you will come back with something other than waffling attempts at deflection, coherent answers to those should be enough to keep you going for a while

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Show us where the definition of vaccine is that they stop all infections or prevent someone from catching the virus that they are designed against.

Show us where seat belts have stopped all deaths from car crashes or that that was ever their design aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’d really love to see how the CSO are making money from pharmaceutical companies. @UAEguy2020 must have sources as he is declaring it over and over. Please share them or admit that you are talking shite from your childhood bedroom. Btw, feelings are not sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Great to see you finally admit to measures being permanent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Where is the conspiracy in that? It's like saying that aspirin is permanent as a hangover relief and trying to make out it's a conspiracy.

A health measure once discovered is hardly going to be stopped being used, unless something better comes along.

So we've shifted again to the idea that only vaccines are permanent?

OK. Why do you believe that the vaccines are permanent?

What's the real reason?

I'm going to explain this simply..

If you are vaccinated, you can still catch the virus. Since restrictions were largely removed, people are getting together much more, walk past any pub/cafe to see this. The latest variant is extremely infectious, so record numbers of people are catching the virus. With me so far?

Despite the record cases, the proportion of people requiring hospitalization or ICU is much lower. That is due to the vaccines.

If the vaccines were not effective in that regard, then we would all have full restrictions and mass lockdowns right now with these case numbers. Why? Because our national health systems would be under threat of collapse.

I'll make it even simpler: If you catch Covid with the vaccines, you are much less likely to die from it. If you catch Covid without vaccines, you are much more likely to die. This is why wards and ICU's have been disproportionally full of unvaccinated Covid patients.

In terms of reducing hospitalisations and deaths from the virus, the vaccines are effective.

You've subjectively decided, in your personal world, that the vaccines are not effective if measures are still around. That's a bar you've created. It's painfully stupid.

Nope. I've written many times that in the past Covid could be seasonal, like flu. We may require e.g. annual booster shots.

People who've claimed that all measures will be permanent in this thread have morphed that to "some measures will be permanent", to "some measures will be semi-permanent", to "measures could come back", and so on, constantly changing their story.

No one in this thread has explained why "all" measures will be permanent. No one has explained any credible conspiracy.

Could we do with one? Yes

Do we NEED one? No.

Either way the vaccine would actually need to work.

• Advertisement

The vaccines do work. You've just created your own personal pedantic definition of how you think the vaccine should work. It's like me citing that people are still dying in car accidents, therefore seatbelts "don't work" or "aren't effective".

You know you lost an argument when you must peddle back to the whole conspiracy theorist term that the vaccine salesmen gave you to use.

The restrictions will be permanent as long as the government has emergency powers. Because the vaccine makes them a profit, dig deep through all the connections of these people see who pays them to say what and you wont have to dig far to find a conflict of interests, because when a vaccine does nothing thats when they promote the booster shot...

I dont have to prove ****

Yeah its a total conspiracy that someone who's selling a product would lie about the product's usefulness and only show the data that would show its effectiveness, I bet you are a scammers wet dream.

Where does the CSO collect its data from, who provides it? Find out who that is and when you do dig through who provided it and you'll find a conflict of interests I bet.

Yep and the definition of a vaccine is a product that prevents infection, where is the prevention of infection if we are having record numbers of infection? So the vaccine does all but what a vaccine actually supposed to do I see? Yeah more like 0% efficency based on the data. You are forgetting that things are WORSE case wise now than before we had a vaccine, not BETTER.

No waffle just going back to the basics, Case number and restrictions increase surely is an indication that the vaccine has failed.

Dipshit, look it up yourself, just type it into google or are you too lazy to even do that? Or is the only research you do is listen to whatever the vaccine salesmen tell you? The definition of a vaccine is a product that PREVENTS INFECTION.

Seat belts = a belt used to secure someone in the seat of a motor vehicle or aircraft.

Vaccine = Prevents infection

There's you're difference.

UK stats, visualised, for those that have difficulty with this stuff.

See the cases in Feb 21 vs hospitalisations, compare that with now, note the difference?

Even so, despite the massive proportional drop in hospitalisations, the situation is still serious, why? Because many hospital staff are sick with Covid, putting them out of action, which puts a strain on the rest of the health workforce.

For the 100th time, this whole thread is a never-ending effort to explain basic concepts to people who are utterly determined not to understand them. That is not a coincidence.

Try using you're head for a change and actually read the question, the question clearly states...WHERE WAS THE DATA COLLECTED FROM.

Yeah so the vaccine has failed, thanks for admitting this. The restrictions werent removed completly because they know deep down the vaccine doesnt work. Ah so when cases are high its because of the variant but when hospitalisations are low it because of the vaccine, who told you that? The vaccine salesmen, a totally objective perspective, The fact we have any restrictions is an admission that the vaccine doesnt work, there arent lockdowns because no-one would comply.

And who told you that? Where did you get you're source from? And who reported that ICU's are full of unvaccinated people?

Or just the virus being a milder variant, like what was reported from the expert in SA who first reported on it. The vaccine salesmen got in first of course and claim no no no its because of our great vaccine.

Ill believe vaccines are effective when all the restrictions have ended.

Who said they work? Answer that.

The seatbelt analogy is borderline laughable, just shows how duped you really have been.

I didn't admit that it has failed, if that's what you extracted from my post, there's very little hope.

Right, I'm sure you are aware you're on a conspiracy forum, so what is the conspiracy according to you and who does it involve?

For example, are the world's doctors in on this, or alternatively are they all duped and you know more than them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well these lads all studied at the university of Facebook, they know best!

• Advertisement

Delightful, but you must have missed the previous link that I provided you that gave the definition of what a vaccine is and what they do, so here it is again for you.

Edit:

Seatbelts - reduce chances of serious injury or death in car crashes.

Vaccine - reduce chances of serious illness from viruses.

Neither is designed to be 100% effective, and nobody, ever, has claimed that they are.

Post edited by robinph on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement