Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Agree with your post. I think the Premier League has allowed it to go too far though. They allowed Abu Dhabi to come in after Abramovich and they did nothing to stop the Newcastle takeover. They are happy because people pay a lot of money to see the Premier League.

There is only one other club that can compete against City and Chelsea financially at the moment and that is United. I think we can get there, but it will take time. We have a huge wage bill because we have a very good team. So at the moment we are being constrained on a few fronts, we are not yet as mighty as United in making money, but at the same time we are spending a lot of the money we do get.

But I prefer it this way, I wouldn't like it to have unlimited funds to buy any player. Maybe when I was younger, but thank goodness DIC didn't take over the club. Then we would have been knee deep in defending human rights records in the UAE and I would rather be in our situation now that having to debase myself in defending someone that has no respect for anyone else because they happened to be the child of someone that got lucky themselves when they were born.

I also get to moan about these things and at least that makes me a little happy. Imagine being a City fan and not winning a trophy, you have no excuses then other than you are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There was some talk of a vomitting bug. I wonder if the Brazilians had a Christmas party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Becker & Thiago are vital for the Chelsea game,

Surely Thiago is ok at this stage maybe giving him an extra day to be certain,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought city had played all their hardest away games. Us, Chelsea etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City's last 4 away games were Brentford,Newcastle,Watford, Villa, in the last 20 games combined these clubs took 0 points in 13 of their games, I think when City face Arsenal, WH, Wolves, draw experts Burnley, all away, that it's tougher, combined last 20 games these clubs took points 14 times between them, lots of wins and draws.

I think we had the tougher away games in first half of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Allison missing for Chelsea would be a huge blow.

Chelsea will have Mendy for the game against us, but will have to play City with Kepa, just seems everything is breaking their way right now.

Really hope Firmino is fit

Iv been thinking about this game and like United away i think the game is suited to Jota from the left, The reason is like AWB, AZP is very good at one on one defending so playing Mane suits him but Jota style is more dropping off and then ghosting into the box and i reckon will give them more problems,

Firmino also suits dropping onto Jorginho to stop the build up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City are also getting Arsenal with no Arteta and looks like a couple of his coaches will be missing as well. They are even getting luck with Covid affected fixtures. Not that they need it.

• Advertisement

Crikey Lukaku just pulled the pin on a grenade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He's out for himself that fella. He said the same stuff in the summer when he was trying to get back to Chelsea. To be fair I think if they could get Haaland they happily move him on and he probably knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭FrankN1

What's he actually complaining about does anyone know? Seems to be scoring lately so not sure what's the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Not to mention being gifted a 2 point bonus over us from the officials at our 2-2 draw with Spurs.

I think you have to balance that with Spurs missing a couple of absolute sitters, they could have and probably should have won. So I wouldn’t get to hung up on the poor display by the officials.

The Kane should have been red card was in the 20th minute. Pretty much all Spurs' chances apart from his own goal came after that. Unlikely they have them with 10.

• Advertisement

But having benefited from poor officiating, they could have been out of sight had DA and Son taken clear chances. Liverpool weren’t at their best, so much as I was disappointed with the draw, it could have been worse.

Missing chances are part of the game you get them and you take them or not. What shouldn't be part of the game is inept referees failing to award clear penalties and clear red cards. That had far more of an effect on the outcome of the game than spurs creating and then missing chances. Every team does that.

Not if our team, and particularly the defence is playing well. I hope Liverpool don’t give every team the chances DA and Son had, most would surely score. At times it was like watching the Brighton game earlier in the season, there was a spell where every time Spurs went forward they were getting a chance to score. If that is part of every game, Liverpool need to work hard to stop it.

Look, I agree the reffing was bad, how could I not? But, spurs should have won, they didn’t just create chances, we gifted them chances that thankfully they didn’t take. So, yes, they should have had a man sent off, we should have got a penalty, and they should have scored at least 4 goals. We played against 10 men for 45 mins earlier in the season and couldn’t score, teams just park the bus when they lose a player. Both sides are disappointed with a draw.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Surely there is some good ageing striker we could get in on loan for the next 6months to help us in January,

Similar to when United picked up Cavani ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Cavani is on a reported 250k a week.

No chance we're signing anyone with his pedigree on a short term deal.

• Advertisement

I'll only ever see that game as two dropped for Liverpool, since we got ourselves in front and then handed them a cheap equaliser, even discounting the ref mistakes.

We've dropped points many times in my life because of missed chances, we've also won games in which the opposition has missed some too. That's football.

The performance of the ref shouldn't be part of the game. At least not now when they have help.

Unfortunately refs are still part of the equation from time to time due to ineptness and that's the issue being raised. All anyone asks is you get a game correctly officiated and if you don't win its down to you and you alone.

Spurs not winning is on them, us not winning is mainly on us but partially on the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The Spurs match is gone already but you cannot say we gave up big chances after Kane should have been sent off. We would not have given up those good chances because Kane was having an influence on the play and he should not have been on the field. So we did give up good chances, sure, but only because they had a player on the field that should not have been there.

There is a chance we lose that match 1-0 if Kane is sent off. There is a chance we win 5-1. But you cannot say the referee was bad and should have sent Kane off, but Spurs should have won either. If the referee and VAR did their job then we play against 10 men and they sit back and their counter-attacks are done without Kane. That changes everything.

There was the goal and then one good chance for Son before the Kane tackle. Everything after that is not relevant if you talk about a decision that should have been given because everything changes in the match after that.

We all know we need a CF and have done for about 3 years now ,Jota been great at covering the position but that means Mane has no cover & no competition for his spot, We need a CF, Klopp has not bought a single CF in his time here so maybe he doesn't want one,

it was also clear as day we needed another CM in the summer & i think that has cost us, Westham & Leicester defeats Ox started, Brighton & Brentford draws Jones started ,Spurs draw Morton,

So in Westham, Leicester,Brighton ,Brentford & Spurs we dropped points because we had at one of Thiago Or Fab missing ( along with others)

We are not strong enough in midfield , Naby, Miner ,OX, Jones, are not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Interview was done around a month ago when his playing time was limited. Sounds much ado about nothing to me. An interview with Italian media in which he praises Inter and says he'd like to go back one day. Hardly shocking really. Hopefully it sows some bad seeds at Chelsea though.

Thiago & Taki definitely out of Chelsea game.

3 new cases. Sounds like it could be Alisson & Firmino.

Alisson , Firmino ,Thiago & Robertson , Origi, Takki, Adrian , so far missing for the Chelsea game ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Thiago, brilliant talent, but made from the same stuff as Naby and Ox, it's like they take it in turns to be crocked, only one allowed to play at a time.

Is Kelleher the man if Alli is out?

It's not all bad, Adrian is back in training!! Woo!

Null and void it 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have no idea how AWB earned this reputation as a very good 'one on one' defender. He has recovery pace, that's about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Likewise Robinson tackle before his red card incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Alisson missing a game isn’t the disaster it once was, as long as Kelleher is fit. While he may not be on the same level at any part of the game, he’s the next best Liverpool keeper I’ve seen with the ball at his feet, which is a hugely important part of the position for us. He isn’t a bad shot stopper either tbf, but nobody in the world can match Alisson in that department, bar maybe Oblak and Donnarumma, maybe Navas too at a push.

Anxious 48 hrs that there isn’t more bad news.

Thiago seems to be a very slow healer so seemingly minor injuries seem to drag on for weeks and weeks with him. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him for a while which is not ideal with the lads gone to AFCON.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Thiago news is awful frustrating, almost expect him to be out most games at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

50 hours before kick off, so much time for more cases to pop up in either squad, not looking good, would rather play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Kelleher should get a good run of games now, if Alisson is out, as well as the Chelsea game he has the 2 league cup games and should have at least 2 FA cup matches in the next month, that's his best run of games at Liverpool, hopefully he doesn't get injured or hit with Covid as he seems to have a habit of not being available when opportunities come around, he certainly won't get an opportunity like this again for a while so hopefully he makes the most of it and we'll also get to see if we have a reliable backup keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What's with Allison, Covid or Injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wasn't training yesterday so suspicion that he's one of the three Covid cases.

I believe Adrian is another of the 3, If its the keeper Union & Kelleher gets it the game will be off, Can't play with no keeper's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I'd rather whack Taffarel in goal than Adrian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I admire Klopp's determination to get the games played but you have to admit it is probably to our detriment. We played Spurs without VVD, Fabinho and Hendo and dropped 2 points I believe we would have gotten with them. Now we may play Chelsea without Allison and God knows who else.

Sure there is the argument that those fixtures will be difficult to play later in the season or whatever but sure whats the point in playing them now if we cant win them anyway? I'd much rather have an extra fixture against spurs in the bank right now than the 1 point we got from the game.

Anyway, happy new year reds. Hopefully 2022 brings some new shiny things to stick in the trophy cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Lads I’m a bit merry but I still can’t get over Alisson scoring in the last minute against WBA. What a club hahaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement