Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Cool.

So why won't you state your opinion on Harry's claim when you're asked?

Also, why are you accusing us of this stuff, yet you are a grown man reading and repeating fibs he's read from other boys and then has a bit of a tantrum when people point out that's what he's doing?

And again reminder, you're claiming that the vaccines are part of a global satanic depopulation plot where for some reason the vaccines make you magnetic.

You're telling us this is something an adult opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you think Harry's magnetic vaccine idea is a load of tosh but you don't have the testicular fortitude to come out and say that because no matter what the idiotic conspiracy is you lads all have to stick together 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You posted fake tweets and other nonsense. When called out on it you didn’t hold your hands up and say you were sorry that you were conned. You ran like a child and ignored it. That’s the only running here.

Cause then people might ask why he believes it's tosh. This will lead to him explaining all the reasons that also apply to the tosh he spouts.

It also might lead to harry and other conspiracy theorists calling him out for his lies, which will ruin the illusion that he's part of a secret rebellion.

It's all just dishonesty and cowardice to cover the fact he's playing pretend.

He's going to deflect again and try to dump more links to avoid this point because it's upsetting him.

I’m expecting history to repeat and a new account come to the CT’ists defence as in the US election thread 😂

• Advertisement

"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm just concerned... "

• Registered Users Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just to pick on one bit of this which may explain your thinking:

and you all know it

This is not the case, people here aren't trying to trick or hoodwink you, people understand what vaccines can and can't do and all peer reviewed scientific evidence presented backs that up. The vaccines are unequivocally safe, they have been administered to billions of people safely, there have been hundreds of studies into them verifying their safety, the trial groups were oversized compared to most other medicines.

No one outside of yourself and a few others are worried about the safety and you are clearly not that worried as you keep on posting misinformation rather than any facts and details, more determined to try and win a losing argument than to prove anything and as long as you take that stance, you will get nowhere, as it is a stance based on belief rather than on facts and figures and evidence.

I would also note that full FDA approval and EMA Conditional Marketing Authority means that the vaccine producers, not governments, is liable for any safety issues not listed about the vaccines (as it looks like you didn't look up the fine print). That argument is a big part of the anti-vax list of lies that gets used and it's easy to recognise when someone has fallen for it (as you have).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Is a link to a rambling blog by an Italian professor.

Why do you feel the need to support other conspiracy theorists and never question them?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Finally we get to see a study comparing the risk of myocarditis from vaccination versus infection, that segregates by age and gender.

The findings are that for younger men the risk from Moderna is substantially higher.

However, the notable exception was that in younger males receiving a second dose of mRNA-1273 vaccine, the risk of myocarditis was higher following vaccination than infection, with an additional 101 events estimated following a second dose of mRNA-1273 vaccine compared to 7 events following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.23.21268276v1.full

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

So. At the end of another year, cant help but wonder what CT's will have become Truth this time next year.

Happy new year everyone.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement

But none became truth this year.

Conspiracy theorists have been claiming that the vaccines are dangerous.

They claimed that the vaccines would cause cancer.

They claimed the vaccines would make people magnetic.

They claimed the vaccines are part of a plot to cause global depopulation.

They claimed that the vaccines weren't vaccines.

I'm curious, where did you find the image you're copy and pasting?

Entire paragraph for context:

"We report several observations that may have implications for policy makers and the public. First, we confirm and extend our previous findings in more than 42 million persons that the risk of hospitalization or death from myocarditis following COVID-19 infection is higher than the risk associated with vaccination in the overall population. Second, the risk of myocarditis is greater following sequential doses of mRNA vaccine than sequential doses of the adenovirus vaccine. For the first time, we observe an increase in myocarditis events following a third dose of BNT162b vaccine. Whilst the incidence rate ratios are higher sequentially following each dose of mRNA vaccine, the risk remains small in the overall population with an estimated 2 additional cases of myocarditis per million following a booster dose of BNT162b. Third, we report the risk associated with vaccination and infection in younger persons stratified by sex. Despite more myocarditis events occurring in older persons, the risk following COVID-19 vaccination was largely restricted to younger males aged less than 40 years, where the risks of myocarditis following vaccination and infection were similar. However, the notable exception was that in younger males receiving a second dose of mRNA-1273 vaccine, the risk of myocarditis was higher following vaccination than infection, with an additional 101 events estimated following a second dose of mRNA-1273 vaccine compared to 7 events following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test."

And the potential limitations of the study:

"There are some limitations we should acknowledge. First, the number of people receiving a third dose of ChAdOx1, or mRNA-1273 vaccine was too small to evaluate the risk of myocarditis. Second, we relied on hospital admission codes and death certification to define myocarditis, and it is possible that we have over or underestimated risk, due to misclassification. Third, although we were able to include 2,136,189 children aged 13 to 17 years old in this analysis, the number of myocarditis events was too small (n=43 in all periods and n=15 in the 1-28 days post vaccination) in this population and precluded an evaluate of risk. Given our observation that risk is largely confined to males under the age of 40 years further research is needed pooling data from international studies to evaluate further the risks in children.

In summary, the risk of hospital admission or death from myocarditis is greater following COVID-19 infection than following vaccination and remains modest following sequential doses of mRNA vaccine including a third booster dose of BNT162b in the overall population. However, the risk of myocarditis following vaccination is consistently higher in younger males, particularly following a second dose of RNA mRNA-1273 vaccine."

In summary, the risk of hospital admission or death from myocarditis is greater following COVID-19 infection than following vaccination and remains modest following sequential doses of mRNA vaccine including a third booster dose of BNT162b in the overall population. However, the risk of myocarditis following vaccination is consistently higher in younger males, particularly following a second dose of RNA mRNA-1273 vaccine

Huh. Weird you missed the first bit of that sentence...

Also this one at the start of the paper.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Indeed.

And:

However, the risk of myocarditis following vaccination is consistently higher in younger males, particularly following a second dose of RNA mRNA-1273 vaccine.

So if you are a younger male or a parent of a younger male, it is useful to be aware that there is some evidence that the risk is higher from vaccination than from infection. A fact that has hitherto been dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's not because it's been known for a while (and one reason Moderna isn't recommended for under 30 year olds in a lot of European countries, Pfizer dosing is less than Moderna). It also does apply to teenage males and a bit older, with no cases reported in the younger age group (I did notice you disappeared once I showed the risk/benefit for 5-11 year olds was 250:1 for males and 1400:1 for females) and is also not including the fact that vaccine caused myocarditis is milder and generally treated outside of hospital (if it's even detected) than that caused by the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

Fascinating read and a very Happy New Year to y'all! Not meaning to go off topic and as triple dosed, not anti vax either but....

Where have all the chips gone? I get it...delays in manufacture etc., and yet I just wonder...just me?

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean I think there's a chip in the vax, just wondering if a chip for the masses is coming down the line. To be as near to mandatory as the vaccine. Not long since I thought pinging my phone OTT.

Post edited by loveall on

Thank you 323. Another one is vaccine passports being used domestically. That was dismissed as a conspiracy theory as well.

And another one people have commented on is the expected closing date for the World Bank's Covid-19 Preparedness and Response Program being 31/03/2025. adamsfarout reckons Biden's 137 million deal to build a covid test strip factory is linked to the World Bank's project: adamsfarout on Twitter: "If you believe that we will return to normal anytime soon, please read this. This is designed to last for years. 1 Biden 137 million deal to produce Covid test factory. 2 World Bank Covid 19 preparedness and response program for covid relief close date is 2025 https://t.co/aEfBre85dp" / Twitter

That factory won't be up and running until 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

How many times do you need to be told...not everything on Twitter is factual?

It literally took me a minute and a half to find this:

If you going to post things verify them first. It's really not hard to check if it's true...in most cases someone has already done the hard yards and proved it is bullshit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

He put me on ignore for telling him to stop believing everything he reads on twitter... Careful... You'll be added to the list soon enough

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gortanna wins award for 2021 biggest liar, beating trump by a Pinocchio nose.

Happy New year fcukers

Where has the risk of myocarditis following vaccination being higher in younger males following a second dose of mRNA vaccine been dismissed as a conspiracy theory?

I'm fairly sure I'm there already. He doesn't like to be questioned or engage in a discussion about conspiracy theories. He just like to post stuff and when enough people question it he disappears for a while and hopes people forget his nonsense and from what I can see.

What’s the safety issues, and what’s the conspiracy’s?

Funny how paracetamol is advertised on TV here and it also has potential side effects. They are not listed on the ads though.

However, thank you for being s cookie cutter conspiracy theorist and not answering my question.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Maybe because they are being distributed for free by governments to whoever will take up the offer so no need to spend money on TV advertising to consumers.

See 323's post.

Even your fellow debunkers didn't try to "debunk" that one.

Verify them by listening to these guys, you mean: Facebook admits the truth: 'Fact checks' are really just (lefty) opinion (nypost.com)

And when did I say that the expected end date of the program meant that was the end date of covid? I said that people are linking the signing of contracts and deals (by the UK and US governments, for example) to the closing date of that program. It could just as easily be that they have nothing to do with each other.

And I read that article you linked to before. All it does is describe the World Bank program.

• Advertisement

It wasn't fact checked by Facebook. There are numerous other sites fact checking it if you want to do a search.

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make in regards to the closing date of the program. Can you explain in a little more detail please? Is it somehow linked to a conspiracy?

Post edited by Maewyn Succat on

Advertisement