Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas and New Year TV Thread 2021!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Like who actually watches Mrs browns boys? I'm constantly astounded at the popularity of it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Like SKY news they only exist to promote subscription TV

RTE+1 and RTE2+2 are there to stop RTE1 and RTE2 being on the same MUX as otherwise you could get away with one tuner on your not-a-Saorview-Connect receiver

Yeah VM is so fuzzy I didn't bother recording The Princess Bride as you might as well be watching this version : Sat 01.01.2022 15:00 - 16:00 BBC R4 FM

BBC 2 23:25 Jools' Annual Hootenanny

Other things - yes for the first time since 2017 it's Big Ben's Belated Bongs (using a temporary mechanism, still mustn't grumble)

BBC 1 23:25 - 00:40 The Big New Years & Years Eve Party with Kylie and Pet Shop Boys with Happy New Year Live 00:00 - 00:10

UTV 23:45 - 00:10 ITV News Inc New Year Bongs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭StevenToast

For the first time in my life, i have watched absolutely no television apart from the odd news bulletin...

From the looks of things on this thread...i have missed NOTHING!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

TG4 tonight at 10.30 - We Banjo 3 in concert. Saw this back in March when it was broadcast as a PPV livestream. Hadn't heard of them before but we were in lockdown so thought I'd give it a go. Well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's a thread with your answer somewhere in After Hours if you can find a way to search it in the New set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Weird to see this thread be a ghost town tonight.

That song by Shiv on RTE a while ago was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Watching jools at the moment.

Whats the bbc1 show like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭acequion

Happy New Year everyone. Which is the best channel to see in the new year, BBC 1 or BBC 2? Any hope RTE won't be a let down?

Thanks for a recommendation. Zapping here like a lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ed Sheeran will be singing Raglan Road on Hootenanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

Did she pump air into them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Maybe it's the JD and coke talking but I found myself very emotional at the end of Stan and Ollie. Very enjoyable film and a great departure from the same ould shite.

Can't stand Una Healy. She's desperate to become a TV presenter despite her being utterly terrible at it. RTE will oblige though.

When Ben Foden dumped Una she went on this mad instagram spree of sharing bikini pics and snaps with her new bull. Clearly she was so bitter Ben dumped her.

Lyra could get pretty big. Great unique kind of voice.

Needs to stay away from profile lowering things like Irelands got Talent or whatever it's called these days. Cheapens her.

Una has the puppies on show tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Have I missed that or will it be after midnight?

I've it on 5 minutes and I'm sober as I'm on call. I've never wanted a beer more in my life. Can't imagine this would be any more enjoyable pissed though.

Brendan Courtney with an MBA in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion....ffs

Happy 2022!!!!

• Advertisement

Genuinely one of the most beautiful Irish women of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE's offering is utter sheite, if they filmed the tide coming in on a dry beach it would be better.

Dont find her special tbh. I'd even have Lyra ahead of her. Una has a plain enough face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭obi604

ringing in the new year on rte listening to Brendan Bleedin Courtney talking Shite. Nearly missed the countdown with him talking. Not a firework in site. Then some depressing band on. Pure and utter amateur rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Xander10

She is such an insecure person.

very WOKE panel from RTE. Ticks all the boxes, never mind the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭obi604

Compared to the liveliness of BBC, the Irish one was abysmal

I don't think RTE was live. They were 12 seconds ahead of time.

BBC1? Any good? Watching jools ringing in the new year. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Xander10

Switched on Jools for a while. Vic reeves singing, seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrell this year. Switched off in good time before Ed Sheeran appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

So u can't stand her but u follow her Instagram, odd

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Group called The Unwanted on TG4 now, better than that forgettable boy band with a similar name that were around a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I wouldn't be too upset at rte for that effort as I think they had planned the concert on the quays to be the main event.

That didn't work out re getting cancelled and I honestly think it's a huge coup and a sign that there must be at least one person with a brain in there that they decided to cobble together something live as opposed to just re running reeling in the years or killinascully. Youd have to think that re running those was suggested by someone given how they are thrown on at every opportunity.

I would never ever expect rte to have the timing of the countdown right either, I think thats asking a bit much of them. My opinion of the people who work there is so low that I'm impressed they had a live program on for 30mins at all.

Also i used think Courtney was alright, not my cup of tea but a straight shooter and pretty serious presenter.

Now I see he has gone and gotten his woke credentials and is prepping his pitch to rte for a show about the lives of women in Ireland a few decades ago. I guess we have another deep dive into Catholic Church abuses and the associated horrors to look forward to next year - cheers Brendan! :) looking forward to that! Maybe throw in a bit about how bad we all are in modern times too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

Now I really feel old.

Craig David was on Jules in 2000/2001.

Craig David really has not aged in 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭The barber of chewbacca

RTE was awful... A NPHET briefing would have been more exciting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

BBC 1 wins the award for campest New year show!

Went with the RTÉ countdown but change to Jools for Auld Lang Syne at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I could never take Jool's programme seriously after finding out it's always pre-recorded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Happy New Year, boardsies!

I swear down, as I was about to turn to BBC Two, I thought to myself ‘I bet Gregory Porter will be on’ (genuinely hadn’t looked at the line-up), and sure enough there he was!

It does seem to be the same artists - Porter, Madness, Rag ‘N’ Bone Man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If any RTE Producers are reading, for 2022 NYE countdown, commission a special Other Voices NYE edition, please and thank you.

It's a bit irksome that they keep on going back to the shows vaults during the show. Also Ed Sheeran threatening to do a cover of Raglan Road, should we go back to 2021 maybe?

Cush Jumbo is a fine bird on Graham Norton show 😍

Forgot this version of ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ - awesome!

• Advertisement

I think Ireland might need to recall our ambassador to UK over this, Brexit was one thing, but this has to be seen as an escalation, Luke Kelly spinning in his grave.

Ruby Turner, what a surprise!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Looks like some channel is staying live anyway.

With RTE, even on the radio they stuck on RTE Gold when John Creedon finished. Late Date must have been dumped for the night that's in it 🙄

Don’t get the vic reeves thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement