Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That’s really sh1t. Unfortunate timing to say the least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Sh*t buzz, Podge… I’m definitely hearing of more people having it now than at any stage during the last 2 years.

Hopefully it turns out the Omicron is definitively less severe, and we can get back to something a bit more normal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Anyone I know who has even thought about London seems to have COVID

Happy Christmas lads. Even the non Connacht fans.

Happy Christmas everyone, especially anyone with Covid and a happy New Year. Hopefully 2022 will finally see the back of Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Happy Christmas folks. Hope anyone stuck isolating finds ways to have a good Christmas. Things are fairly mad now but it won’t last forever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Back in Limerick for the first time in 3 years so would only be good and proper to say “Happy Christmas, baaaiii’s”. Hopefully the last one Covid sh*te’s all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

i can’t be the only person who had a He-Man, no? And TMNT were big when I started high school

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah I had a he-man and battle cat set, against skeletor and panthor.

I remember the way the figures used to twist in the middle on a spring load.

I watched the latest reboot too, for the craic. They were OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

After being home last week, the aggravation at the airport was insane. I have a physical covid card. It has no QR code and it can't be scanned. So, watching people arrive after I did and get through the AerLingus queues because they were able to upload the covid information, drove me nuts. I was 4 hours early and spent 2 hours at the airline check in.

I suppose I have to find out how to get my vaccination status upgraded so can upload it on my phone.

Merry xmass you heathen outcasts. All the best for the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wow. Five straight days without a post in the off-topic thread. That there omicron must be ripping everyone a new arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That or everyone's still in a Christmas food coma.

I have eaten a disappointingly small amount of chocolate and cheese this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Hi folks, Currently trying to buy my first property. I submitted a bid just before Christmas and the agent came back and said it was registered and they'd be back in touch the first week of January. There was no other bids last I spoke to them so theres currently no competition. Just wondering in terms of getting a surveyor out to inspect the place, is it generally better to wait until I've gone sale agreed or is there any advantage to doing it before? Also, can anyone recommend a surveyor? House is Swords/ North County Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

After you go sale agreed, right before you sign the contracts.

Not worth your time/money doing it before then if they decide to withdraw the house or another bid comes in.

Happy New Year everyone, hope it’s a good and safe one for everyone. Even the trolls. Hopefully we will see the back of this feckin Covid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

What do we reckon was more disruptive in 2021: Covid or the boards “upgrade”…

Don’t know which was more disruptive but at least with Covid there is some hope of fixing it.

The other half's younger sister who had COVID in October now has COVID again, in case any of ye needs a cautionary tale for anyone who thinks they're bulletproof if they've had it in the past.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've heard of people having it twice in little over a month. It seems having Delta doesn't confer much, if any, immunity from Omicron.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I read an article yesterday saying there's a chance that you can have both delta and omicron at the same time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

At what point is it just a different virus?

It's only really bad news if Delta (or whatever next variant) evades Omicron recovery antibodies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It appears that the immunity flows "backwards" well, so if you get omicron you are covered for delta. Though for the next one who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If anyone wants a tale of being grand, the OH got it and I obviously continued to live with her for a full week and I never got it. I barely left the apartment for the full ten days, she obviously didn't leave. So had to be laced with covid.

How picky are they being in Dublin Airport on the type of PCR test used to show you're negative for Covid?

Gov website specifies "RT-PCR", but there also seems to be just "PCR", are they being picky with this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

On arrival? I would say not at all. I only had an antigen coming in anyway, but while they definitely wanted to see it they hardly scanned it in detail.

The airline looked at it more carefully to be honest, but mostly just to make sure the name matches.

im planning on heading to the Bath game in January, but flying out early on the friday (6:15)

ive the opinion of doing a PCR test on thursday in my town, but the test ill be done by 18:00.

as im planning on flying back at 21:15 on the sunday night, do you think those extra 3 hours over the 72 hour limit would be a reason to refuse entry onto the plan?

Due to go over for this as well. From what I’ve been told the airport barely check it at all. The airline does all the heavy lifting. If it’s AerLingus that will be done with the VeriFLY app. So there will probably be no latitude given. Having said that. If you are filling out the VeriFLY 24 hours in advance, the cert would be valid, so it’s hard to tell. I was planning on getting an antigen test in Bath on the Friday afternoon as we are flying Sunday morning.

• Advertisement

yeah we could so the antigen test in bath in friday afternoon, or go early and do the pcr test before we fly but that means being in DA at 4:30

im assume the boots UK test woudl be sufficient to travel back with

Advertisement