Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan going into overdrive

Options
  • 01-01-2022 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

When I connect my 48in TV to my PC via HDMI cable the fan goes into overdrive every couple of minutes. It's noisy and distracting.

Does anyone know what might be causing that?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Is the TV acting as a second screen? Could be that driving the TV requires extra resources from the PC, and so some chip needs to cool down.

Although just driving a TV shouldn't really be enough to require extra cooling. Are you doing anything else at the same time e.g. playing a game?

You could try updating some drivers e.g. graphics card/motherboard chipset. Or perhaps you can check the BIOS, there may be some fan settings there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Yes, it is a second screen. I'll try disconnecting the other monitor.

Advertisement