Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Kai - The Karate Kid - Youtube TV Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, I enjoyed the season, but it's really being stretched out too far. It's just regurgitating the same framework each season at this point.

The only real interesting plot points were Miguel telling Johnny he loved him and Johnny mistaking him for Robby, and Tory could possibly have an interesting "not just a b*tch" story next season. Just bring in Hilary Swank for a few episodes next season to fully close the loop, and finish it off with Johnny leading Cobra Kai again, Danny teaching Miyagi-do, and both working together to teach karate and help kids in the area without the rivalry (other than official competitions).

As they say in hurling terms, ''He didnt winter too well'' 😁

Agree that one more season should wrap this up really. Its had its day in the sun. Being critical, i think its too fond of the Easter Eggs and 80s references. I utterly hate that Stingray character. He makes me cringe. Was hoping Silver would finish him off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love this show. It’s a stupid premise and it really shouldn’t work but it does.

My hopes for season 5…

Johnny moves into the vacated Cobra Kai dojo and finally gets to train Robby as an Eagle Fang student.

Daniel uses Chozen to evolve his style and his son joins the team.

Silver gets Barnes to join his Cobra Kai expansion.

Tory makes peace with Sam and they form some sort of friendship.

Tory’s mother is revealed as Julie Pierce…. Hillary Swank.

Miguel goes on a diet and loses the chub.

I thought Hilary Swank's character would have been a good character to use in a way to connect with Tory as they had common struggles. They used Amanda in this series. Perhaps they'll convince Hilary Swank next series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I can’t imagine she’d completely dismiss it unless she absolutely hates The Karate Kid franchise for some unknown reason.

Having her as Tory’s mother is the logical story to tell.

Enjoyable. They've got a good run out of it! Watched the trilogy before Season 1 came out and always wondered if Terry Silver would come back. An underrated villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It was a bit of a silly season. The whole season was set-up with Johnny & Daniel believing the kids needed both their styles to defeat Cobra Kai, and yet, it's the two sensai's that can never seem to grasp that, instead repeating the same bickering they have done since the first season. The students seem to get the idea way faster - but with the exception of Robbie (who the writers actually did some decent service this season), all seem too scared to suggest it until big revelation moments deep into the competition.

And, with the exception of Moon, it seems every single kid in the show has been either bullied, the bully, or both.

I think bringing in Julie Pierce as Tory's mom would be a bit of a shoe-horn job, purely for the sake of nostalgia. She's got no connection to any of the characters, so what's the point?

Mike Barnes has to be a given in Season 5. He obviously would bring back some awful memories for Daniel, and would have his own motivations for returning with the return of Terry's Cobra Kai.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think Terry mentioned there were people he could get to help with Cobra Kai, so I imagine it's Mike Barnes he's insinuating he'll be calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 5 has already been filmed and is in post production at the moment.

They are already planning for season 6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

is Anthony in an 80's sitcom?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The guy who plays him is a genuinely good actor, but yeah in this he is just unbearable and yep its creepy he hangs out with the kids.

The season was fine, but I am beginning to worry that this will be dragged out to much now, 5 seasons ideally was enough, but if season 6 is guaranteed, hopefully they end it their.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I hope they have something special planned for S5 because if its the same as I posted earlier it's gonna lose it's charm and nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The actor who plays Miguel has explained his weight gain, He will play The Blue Beetle in the upcoming Blue Beetle movie and is bulking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I enjoyed it. Go Hawk. Good to see them fleshing out the other characters and introducing more from the films. Feed me the Nostalgia , I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Best tv show on telly today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah i loved it. Not as good as previous seasons but great all the same. I really like Stingray and for such a fluff character, he's really part of a dark story now, interesting to see his role next season. But yeah, they have to mix things up with season 5. They cannot do 'couple of kids nice to different gyms and vow to best each other in the tournament'. Can't wait to see what they do next anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

good series , it can be a bit "saved by the bell" at times but can forgive it as the show has heart and some great chuckle moments.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished and really enjoyed it.

I expected them to see Sam and/or Amanda open the door to Tory at the end after what she saw after the tournament.

So are they just going to continue both dojos even though they had an agreement? I was wondering if they could've combined their total points.

All of the major characters seem to be joining the light side now.

If season 5 really is in post production, I'd say it'll be out during the summer, if not a wee bit before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Johnny trying to recruit the girls at the school was funny. Enjoyed the series overall but not sure how much more there is left in it. One more series would probably be enough.

Meant to say, I found it funny that Cobra Kay Miyagi Do and Eagle Fang got big introductions while the remaining dojos got nothing. Yet it's the remaining dojos that have seemingly been attending and winning the All Valley up until Cobra Kai and Miyagi Do showed up again.

I know we already have 3 dojos in the story but I wouldn't mind them at least mentioning the others or seeing students from them. Maybe a student who wants to join one of the new 3? I'm sure not all of them are happy that these 3 new dojos are taking all the glory. Yet only these 3 showed up to protest the All Valley not taking place even though none of the others had anything to do with the school fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I dont think they only announced the 3 main dojo's but for filming purposes left out the others.

Oh I know they wouldn't announce everyone but just seemed funny from the way it was done. "Welcome!" "Here are 3 dojos" "Let the fight begin"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good season, can't help but feel it's beginning to scrape the barrel though at this stage.

One thing that absolutely grinded the gears for me was our lad Daniel.

Every single sentence out of him was some worldly advice for the kids, usually beginning with "Mr Myiagi once said...". I'm thinking "yawn Daniel, how about you think for yourself every once in a while." Did he somehow manage to memorise every single word that came out of Mr Myiagi or something? Jesus dani, calm the jets.

Least jonny is a bitta craic with his "Badass" and such.

And Terry Silver is amazing. Loving that character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

It was quite enjoyable. Best not to overthink it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭quidel7

It was wholly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next season already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Season 5 releasing September 9th instead of the usual new years release.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

Supposedly season 5 is going to be epic.

I see in the trailer Silver tells Danny boy not to play with fire. Chozen buts in and says and I'm the gasoline...

I don't think chozens character is intimidated by silver and his Cobra's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Petermc83

Already looking forward to it! I've really enjoyed the series.

Advertisement