Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Claudia Winkleman doesn’t bode well. Highly annoying woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

Tonight 9pm Channel 4, is the Taskmaster festive special episode

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ohhh an audience! This should help! Plus Alan Davies yehhh

Ok I am already slightly gutted Adrian Chiles isn't now likely to be in a full series he is wonderfully dry and drool.

Ok that was an absolute riot!

Alexs comment about the basketball and Claudia Winklemans reaction was one of many highlights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Missed the start, why was Alan there for Johnny?

actually not sure his name is Johnny

I think they just said he was sick (I am guessing covid but it didn't say)

He is Jonnie peacock pretty well known Paralympic athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Grand, I actually thought it was Johnnie Peacock alright but after I typed up my post I thought **** was that actually him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That pole task was brilliant!!

"I've drunk all the bastard vinegar" is one of the greater quotes of our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lady Leeshur and Claudia Winkleman'attempts were hilarious. Was bursting my hole laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I thought they were all really great. Doubt Johnny Peacock and the Baroness would have been much good over a full series, but the others likely would have been.

I think I saw an interview with Alex recently where he said they might have more non-comedians on the show in future series, have more of a mix. Might not be the worst idea.

And so great to have an audience back. Even just the visual of the contestants and Alex & Greg sitting near each other just helped give it an atmosphere the show has been missing, or the final task where they were able to go over to the ball-models that they'd made of each other for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Honestly think that was the best episode I've seen since the Channel 4 move.

5 great contestants.. Chiles being unexpectedly hilarious.

3 fantastic tasks.. the vinegar and pole ones felt like classic Taskmaster. Not like some of the lazier ones in recent series.

And also a live audience I think brought a lot more out of people - Greg is always good but I think he needs an audience, he's a comedian FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Missed it last night and I see they haven't uploaded it to YouTube. 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

It's repeated on Wednesday

Yeah I think they're close to running out of suitable "comedians" at this stage, will get too many people acting at this point.

Someone like Chiles is great, anyone who remembers him from before his sports broadcasting days may remember him on Working Lunch and the like, a dry bastard. :D Jeff Stelling is another from the sports world who's sharp as a tack, it was a brief golden period of Countdown. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Brilliant special. Tasks were so good and was endlessly funny. Final task had me in ribbons. Much better than last years special too.

The pole task reminded me of the burst the water balloon one (with the scissors being the largest time penalty) where being conservative and taking an initial hit was smarter than going for it.

I think the beauty of these shows is that a one-off is the sweet spot for some contestants and whilst comedians can naturally keep changing it up each episode, some "entertainers" may get a bit boring after a few weeks with the same shtick.

That said, one entertainer among the comedians isn't a bad idea and worked well with Osman, VCM etc.

There are so so many suitable comedians still out there though so the well has plenty left in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I enjoyed, but not as much as others here seemed to have. Seeing them packed onto stage seemed weird initially, but good to have audience back.

Alex's comment about the basketball being orange was one of the best moments of taskmaster though, that had me laughing very loudly...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's available on all4 too, which is freely available in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll check it out.

For anyone else going the Channel 4 route, it's Thursday that it's being repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just watched the NYE special. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree that the odd non comedian thrown into the mix is a good direction to go in. Just adds something else to the show

Taskmaster won at the UK's National Comedy Awards last week. The acceptance speech was very Taskmaster.

I wonder why Tom Allen and Katy Wix were on stage with them.

I think Tom Allen was hosting the show. Maybe Katie was presenting that individual gong?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tom Allen was hosting the night and Katy Wix and Jamie Demetriou were presenting the award.

Ha, of course. That makes sense.

Haven't scanned the QR Code, but I'm assuming the eggs mean it's coming at Easter, so should be in the next 2-3 weeks.

Edit: Scanning the QR code leads to a mini-task to try find the release date. I'll put the date below in spoilers.

April 14th

• Advertisement

Don't worry, the challenge/task to figure out the date isn't that fun anyway. Especially as I forgot the password to my long-dormant Instagram account.

Advertisement