Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bike Scheme

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

I'm done with all this renmaing it will be the CoAct station or RTC limerick at a push 🤣 great news though.

Just wish the bikes were better maintained tbh you'd want a shower cap with you to cover some of the saddles due to rips on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

This question may have been addressed before so apologies.

I cycle across the Shannon bridge using the cycle lane oftentimes. Coming from the City Centre what is the correct way to get onto the bridge cycle lane. I cycle along the riverbank which is pleasant and it seems I should dismount and walk to the start of the cycle lane or cycle around the roundabout and then use the pedestrian crossing to get to the cycle lane.

The cycle lane then ends at the traffic lights near Salesians. I am not sure if I have the right of way to cycle straight onto the road there and turn right or do as most people do which is to cycle onto the pavement and then try to cut across the cars waiting at the lights to get into the lane leading towards the North circular.

It seems the design and installation were not given a lot of thought as it may not have been planned as a permanent feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

On the city side I use the roundabout and enter on the road and dont go near any pedestrian crossing. The other side is a mess and I have no answer but that will be solved soon when they realign the Condell lanes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

It was very much a temporary offering put in place during the lock-downs which remained after. There is a plan for a separate pedestrian/cycle bridge from Bishops Quay to O'Callaghan Strand but that is still on the drawing board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

Whatever you do don't do what the two guys did recently, cycled down Mallow St, turned against traffic on the roundabout to enter the cycle lanes to continue out over the bridge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement