Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randox PCR

Options
  • 02-01-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know for definite that if you get a private PCR with randox you can get the covid recovery cert from them? And this will act the same as the HSE recovery cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Randox will not give you a recovery cert.

The only give a certificate that proves negative test as requirement for travel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If a test is positive they have to notify the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks for the swift reply, so basically we are the peril of the HSE

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No. If PCR is positive Randox have to notify HSE and you are c I united as a case.

Myy Oh had a private test with Rocdoc which was positive, the HSE got on to him next day to do contact tracing and isolate

Ah right ok that makes sense, might have to do that so, 5 PCRs to do, nice and cheap!

• Advertisement

Although just checked the site and you can’t attend if you’re displaying symptoms!

You can with Rocdoc. It's more expensive though

At this stage ill just ride it out and hope they dont change the rules meaning i need a recovery cert, I’m double jabbed but not had booster.

Advertisement