Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Were the crowd turned down by Sky in that final set - because I was expecting them to be all over Price at that stage, but they didn't sound near as bad as they have been for other matches? Or were the idiots just so drunk and coked up that they had stopped following it at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Need to proper police the crowd.

Enough is enough. Crowd are vile this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What a great night of darts.

Really feel for Rydz. Thought he was superb.

I both like and dislike Price. Absolutely brilliant player but his antics on stage are way over the top. Doesn't show respect to his opponent with his roars when he wins a leg or if he throws a disappointing dart he'll sometime slow it down with a wry smile and look to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

And have to say the crowd are embarrassing. Full of pissheads who come alive with do do do do dooooo song comes on. I blame Sky for a lot of it.

I was watching a R4 match the other night, close contest and in the background most people were gathered round in groups chatting amongst themselves not giving a toss about the darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Brilliant session of darts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Could hear them booing when he was throwing but they were definitely turned down. **** to have the crowd have such a negative impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭shockframe

It must be one of the few sports where many in the crowd have next to interest in what's happening in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Everybody complaining about the crowd?

What did they do or are doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭celt262

One of the few sports the crowd can impact the result. Before the Wright game tonight they were saying if its a close game the crowd could get involved and it could affect Wright. It was like this was normal and acceptable the way they were saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Went back and watched the last set again, it sounded like Sky were turning down the crowd noises when Price was throwing but then back up again during Smith's throw.

I don't particularly like Price and I doubt he'd have won last year if there was a full crowd in, but it's still out of order for that to be happening match after match.

Ultimately Sky and the PDC have encouraged this over the years so it's a bit much to hear them complaining about it now in the analysis. But it has crossed into nationalistic stuff this year with the crowd going after every non-English player playing an English player. Will no doubt be the same again in the final which will be England v Scotland regardless of the outcome of the semis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Ireland Rugby matches aren't far off it. Drink, drink and more drink for many at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Get the MC saying "The very best of order please" again. That'll sort them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Even tonight during the third set of Price/Smith the two lads were both averaging over a ton and most of the crowd were turned away from the stage chanting at Laura Woods.

Not many ton-plus IQs in the building I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Why all of a sudden are sky critical of the crowd boo players?

For years it was ignored , or players to to get on with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully Smith can push on and win but feel there's going to be a sting in the tail and Wade will beat him tomorrow

Wright vs Anderson is a game you don't see much and could be a great game.

Im predicting a Wade vs Anderson final with Anderson winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

smith will beat boring beardy rubble faced wade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,902 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wade's whole demeanour looks different. He was trying to do a little dance on stage the other day. He just looks so relaxed and happy. This is a new thing with Wade and it makes him very dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think Sky are finally getting off their arses to address the crowd issue that has been going on for 10+ years.

It was the sheep shagging chant that got them to turn the crowd noise down eventually. Sky lose their **** when there is any cursing involved.

I used to watch every televised tournament/premier League. I pretty much ignore the Premier League because of how the crowds were getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Price calling them cheats on his Instagram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

I watched all the darts last night with the sound turned off, between the crowd, Mardle and Rod Studd its just better with no sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

No way Wade gets near Smith. Their stats are just too night and day. Wades averages are brutal and Smiths lingering around 100avg every game.

Wright will steamroll Anderson

Smith 6-1 Wade

Wright 6-2 Anderson

Wright will win the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Only thing that would make me wonder is Smith had a draining qf whereas Wade sailed through. Not sure how much this matters in darts though...

Tonight are 11set games....going to be a long night........but if we can get anywhere near the quality of last nights fare it'll fly by.

I've gone for a 'foursome ' kinda bet......smith to win AND most 180s......snakebight to win AND most 180s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Is there still a bit of needle between Anderson and Wright?

Something about their wives having a spat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Didn't see to affect Smith last night after his marathon with Johnny Clayton, think it's a bit overstated tbh. Smith is cool as a cucumber. Wade just won't be good enough IMO.

Not a huge fan of Smith personally but I do hope he goes onto win it now, he deserves it. Anyone who beats Clayton and Price deserves it.

I was thinking more about snakebight being wrecked after yesterday...........thats gotta take it out of you..........but he's a crafty ol fox..........& Anderson isn't in the 'first flush of youth' eirher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Wade average's always seem poor, but there are some extenuating circumstances I think.

Mainly he'd doesn't try too hard on his opponents throw if the leg is a lost cause - consolation 180s aren't his thing. This may be a flaw in his game ultimately as your opponent can always miss the doubles. But Wade seems happy enough to concentrate his efforts on his own throw, ignore lost causes, and just pick up the odd break when available.

To win he firstly has to consistently average just 100 on his own throw (15 darters). This makes it difficult for Smith to break in 12. Then don't get disheartened when Smith wins the odd set 3-0 on the Smith throw, doesn't matter. Just be ready to pounce in 15 on the Smith throw when Smith has the inevitable terrible leg or two.

So win less legs than Smith, average about 94 to Smiths 102 and win 6-4 in sets. It's kinda the Wade blueprint.

Would prefer to see Smith win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Can any of ye tell me who finished on a bull a few nights ago. I can't think of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Dingaan

Smith has never won a TV major. He also has history on choking when it really matters. He should win based on tournament form but I wouldn't underestimate Wade's chances. He has been in the top 10 (or just outside) of the order of merit since 2008. He's a master winning grinding matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Advertisement