Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

How long did it take others for the antigen to turn negative?

First symptoms 24th, first antigen positive 26th, PCR positive 29th, and here we are on 2nd January and the f**king antigen is still showing up positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

you are 9 days from your first symptoms so it should be negative in a couple of days i'd imagine

as long as the antigen is still positive, you are infectious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

What I don't understand is that, if this is the case, then why is a negative antigen not part of the guidance to leaving isolation? It just says 7 days if boostered, provided last 48 hours are symptom free. I tick all those boxes.

Also, am I the only one worried about the damage to our environment these antigen tests are doing? Are these things recyclable at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Antigen Tested positive on the 27th. No symptoms , antigen done because my daughters friend mother got it. My daughter was in Thier home.

All 3 at home tested positive, despite no symptoms. PCR done on all 3 on the 31st in Explorium in Sandyford.

Results back this morning at 9:30 , less than 48hours despite New years. All PCR results confirmed the antigen test.

Antigen test still showing as positive despite no symptoms. I'll be doing another set tonight and every day until clear for 2 days. Can't really go by HSE guidelines as we never had a fever, never had symptoms so it's hard to know when we got infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

Hi Guys .I just done two Antigin tests .Both positive .Symptoms are a sneeze only .I own a Bar .Do I need to close it while I isolate as I live on the premises .Trying to book a PCR test now.Thanks for reading and advise would be much appreciated .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes I'd say you should close while you isolate?

Thank you .I think so too but others are saying not to close .Cannot get through to the HSE to ask and no test spots available .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Why are we being told 10days isolation when antigen might be positive? Are we being told to test and remain in isolation if we continue to get positive antigens. All I hear is that you're free after 10 days isolation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The only way I could see you being able to open if if you have someone who could open/run the place for you while you self isolate?

It can take several days to get a PCR at the moment. You could try a private test center the prices varies from 59 upwards

Symptoms on Wednesday. Negative result every day until this morning. I was out running yesterday and Thursday. Only difference is tightness in the chest so thought it was a chest infection.

Started this omad diet 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 IsThisAFalseReading

Hi

I'm freaking out here, I did a Saliva test this morning, I got a faint T line on it, I did an NHS throat and nasal swab after but it was clear, then did another Saliva test and again it had a faint T line, though it was much fainter then the first test.

I have done 4 or five of these since 22nd December and I did not see the faint T line on any test before today.

This is the Saliva brand HYGISUN Covid-19 Antigen Saliva/Spit Rapid Test

Test Pictures:

1st Pic - Second Saliva Test Very faint T line

2nd Pic - All 3 tests, left hand side is first Saliva with Faint T, center is NHS with just C and Right is second Saliva

3rd Pic - Both Saliva tests left is first Saliva with Faint T, Right is second Saliva fainter T

Is this a Positive result or false?

Thanks

I tried Boots and they will not do a test if there are any symptoms .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

I travelled back to Spain from Ireland last Wed. I went for a swim on Thurs morning but could not work out why I was so fatigued during it. I had to stop after every four lengths or so (I typically would swim 1km without stopping). Anyway, that afternoon I began to feel extremely tired and decided to go to bed for an hour or so. I still woke up completely drained. Add to that a bout of the chills and a desperately sore throat. It was a huge struggle to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. For the rest of that day, I was in an awful heap - my energy was completely wiped out.

I dragged myself out of bed on Fri morning to go and get some antigen tests. The first test came back negative. The rest of the day was a struggle. I had the heating cranked up to the max even though it was over 20 degrees outside. Slept in fits and starts on NYE. But the worst definitely came yesterday morning/afternoon. I was completely floored. Apart from the symptoms mentioned above, I also began panting extremely hard. I went back to bed but woke up in a ball of sweat in the afternoon. I did a test and it was no surprise that it came back positive.

I am definitely a bit better today. The hard breathing and chills have gone. I have some energy. The sore throat is still at me but hopefully that will go in the next few days too.

I had one night out at home over Christmas with my buddies who have all received boosters. None of them have reported symptoms/tested positive. Thankfully, my parents (fully vaccinated) are not reporting any issues too.

I am vaccinated but have not received my booster yet (my age group has not been called here yet). I received my second jab on July 5 so it will be 6 months next Wed. Maybe my waning immunity is why I was hit so hard...

I would consider myself pretty fit (lots of running, swimming, cycling) and I eat a pretty healthy diet. But this damn thing has given me a serious rattle. It has knocked me sideways.

My two cents, ignore the virus at your peril. If you are due a booster, get it asap. If it was Omicron that I caught, then I certainly would not consider it mild...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

So happy New years to me with a postive antigen yesterday morning. great way to start the year. was very dizzy yesterday morning and was sick as a result. fairly wrecked yesterday with bad headache and achy all over but def in better form today. hubbie had "Rhona" (as he likes to call it) 2 weeks ago and now ive been gifted with it. im finding it crazy how it's absoultly impossible to get an apt for a PCR test in this country at the min. rang d doc and they said i should get an apt txt either today or tomorrow as there is no way im fit to be staying up till midnight to try get one online. found out this morning also that my bro tested positive. so least we can keep each other sane when needed i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ffs I'm a close contact (non household)

Got my booster on the 23rd Dec, have no symptoms

So 5 days isolation with Antigen test every 2 days ?

The government are set to cut the isolation period following the USA.

I don't understand. A poster here was still positive on the antigen test 9 days into isolation. Surely this is just bringing back sick people into work and passing on whatever infection they have to others.

Yes.

The Hse will send you a text if your friend had a positive pcr and fills out their close contacts online the text allows you to claim enhanced illness benefit

If they do as the US did there is a requirement for negative antigens two days in a row I think?

Just been told by a Doctor to go online from 1am to 2am and I will be able to book a PCR test for tomorrow somewhere in Ireland .Must be a glitch in the sortware ,

• Advertisement

Be prepared. You need to be lightning quick. Ask for the codes to be sent to your email not your phone

Pretty sure we won't be doing that. That seems sensible to require negative antigen tests two days in a row.

I'm only basing this on how sensible we've been with face masks though. The usa has no problem with face masks on 2 year olds but ourselves have a problem with face masks on 9 year olds.

Eh the US mask mandates vary by state.

There is no cohesion there

Just wait and see what is revised?

Not a lot else to do for the next while so will watch it like a Hawk.Thank you for the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Where did you get saliva tests? How much are they?

I hope you start to feel better and aren't drove to demented with the isolation.

I have been trying since Thursday to get a PCR test. All different hours. My experience so far has been that from midnight 1 or 2 will appear. Click on it and then you're told it's no longer available. I rang my doc on Friday for a referral but God knows when that will arrive. A few of the private operators have slots on Thursday. I might just book one. Course knowing my luck the referral will come through tomorrow. I need it for work and I'm worried that it will say positive even if I'm not. My mind is going to strange irrational places!😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

My brother finally got a positive PCR test result today. He got sick on 23rd Dec and only managed to get a PCR test yesterday. He has been better since 26th Dec. Very mild dose.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭ax530

The waiting game....., met someone NYE who had positive antigen following morning.

I will test again tomorrow really hope I can escape it but by way things going sounds impossible.

He didn't get a PCR test yet. Think I'll just wait see how the 3 antigen tests go

Test availability on the HSE site but gone when I try to book ,So annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

I've been trying for 5 days and I've never even seen an appointment available!

Advertisement