Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you are indeed Aleynaa

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

I believe if you are using mobile platform you may not be able to see my signature and some have clearly not seen the golf society rules and regs thread 🤷‍♂️

So to join the society we look for active boards members so please get involved with the golf forum and contribute your thoughts, opinions, photos, reviews and whatever else you might have to say about our beautiful game. We really want to see you posting on the society threads, so tell us about your rounds on the boards tour of Ireland and about meeting like minded golf nutters off the internet and going for a walk with them in a field a 2 hours drive away 😀

if you want to join, let us know here and drop me a pm with your name, mobile, email, gui no and club. Don’t worry if you are not in a club, let us know if you ever had a handicap/or not and we will set you up with a society one.

lastly can I just say if you are nervously thinking about it, stop thinking…… we have members from all 4 corners of Ireland, we have old and young, we have ladies and gents, we have single figure handicappers and 25 handicap hackers. Come along and join the ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

"we have single figure handicappers and 25 handicap hackers bandits"

Fixed your post 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

"we have single figure hackers" FYP FYP!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I’m gonna just throw up another snap, this time of the 5th green in Greystones. Might make a habit of this between now and next June. Just tell me to stop if you don’t want any more

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Hi Seve, id be keen on joining up. That's a nice looking list of courses and seems like a good bit of banter to be had. Only playing 2 years but learning pretty fast that there's no rhyme or reason to this crazy game. Sometimes you just got to laugh when them golfing god's are not on your side. I'll send on my details and hopefully hear back from you

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi Guys and Gals

Long time since I was on here

Basically life threw me a few curve balls over the past few years and golf went completely off my priority list

If its okay I would like to re-join for 2022 and hope to make most outings

Game is crap, not even a member of a club for the past 3 years so have no idea how new HC system works or what HC I should be

With age, broken body and crap game I reckon anywhere around 24 to 28 should do me :)

Best of luck Fix for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Probably like most I gave last year a miss but looking forward to getting out again.

Have a new bag of clubs that need breaking in.

I have an old bag of clubs that need breaking!!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Keep me in the teamer Seve, ill be back for next season. Had a few issues last year, losing my mother was a big blow to me and i never really got over it and my golf definitely suffered but as the say its only a game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sorry to hear it golfhead. Will see you in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

fg and ff politicans need not apply lol 🤣

All cut with the same cloth..ban one ban them all..no discrimination :)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Sent the PM to Seve yesterday and got a very nice reply.

Hopefully will make a few of the events.

Probably a bit older than most of you so hoping that won't be an issue 😎

Sure last year’s captain remembers the war 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Break80

Thanks very much.

Can someone show me how to report a post😆

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭CONSI

Are you still looking for members?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

Yes. Some of them started a round in druids Glen a few weeks ago and might still be out on the course.

• Advertisement

Yes, always open for members. Take a look through the thread for the relevant details and send them on in a private message to @Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Haha I'm hoping I am a bandit this year. Need to outplay my handicap 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Joined up and added to Teamer. Looking forward to playing on different courses. Shift working so will have to plan ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

Hi Seve OB

I have tried to PM you a couple of times , obviously not getting through, I'd love to join the society, can you message me please

I’ve had a few pms. Don’t worry I’ll set yiz all up, it’s still December and been very busy . Golf not starting till February

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hi all, hope all are well - great show tonight to ring in the Christmas start.

Anyway - the plans continue in the background to keep things as well as they have been in the past - and improve where we see things we can do without lockdown etc.

It is a tough time for people - alone , covid back making people retract , be isolated , fearful and in doubt.

We hope as a committee that 2022 will be a special year , that we can return to full golf and a schedule that is full and of great variety.

February - and the new year is not far off - it is going to be special, stay in , connected and communicating.

Happy new year - hope you get a few nice surprises in the socks, like golf, when the game is torn , in doubt , hopeless. There can be something especial around the next corner or hole.

Fix.

If you feel like it - throw a fiver into the #THEBUSK above , great show. (is this a golf society fix ? 😂)

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Boards GS members. Looking forward to a catch up in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Snackbox20

Happy Christmas to all fellow boards golf society members. Have a great one folks 🎄🎄

• Advertisement

Happy 2022 folks!

everyone who has sent required info should be now set up on teamer.

getting close now

Advertisement