Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ffs get it over the first man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hard lines when the title race is finished on the second day of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Well impressed with Konate..looks a great defender

I'm worried about VVD. Dosent look right

Jesus our corners are dreadful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fight for top 4 it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Seems like we are happy with the draw. On paper fine but in the context of the league there is no value in the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Utter tripe. A woeful result snatched from the jaws of victory. Caoimhin the only one to cover himself in any kind of glory. Everyone else was well below par.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We played ok today overall I’d say

Terrible phase at end of first half killed us. We are really bad at keeping a lead.

Gone backwards as a team and a squad,

A microcosm of the season really. Some great play but a soft centre there and yet another blown lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chelsea players with smug grins, wtf, so you're not trying to win the title then, okay.

I know we're disappointed not to win

• Advertisement

We won a league and Champions league and stood still as a club,

Next few games will be horrendous without Mo and Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The result that absolutely nobody wanted from all involved.

They should be paying out on City now. If it wasn’t all over after their late winner yesterday, it certainly is now.

Time to focus on the cups. We still have every chance of winning a trophy or two this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kelleher for a run of games now with the League Cup and FA Cup coming up.

Just goes to show what Gini meant to us. These are the types of games him and Hendo would easily control in the midfield but without him we can't keep possession for any sustained period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭ratracer

Bullsh1t!!!

Naby and Ox offered nothing when they came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Front three did their job. Midfield and defence way off. Kelleher looked comfortable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭IamMe33

All we need is a 15 game winning run and surely city will lose three during that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

VVD and Fab both looked like they were running in custard. I do wonder if their covid recovery is playing a part there.

League is over anyway. Just get top 4 now and see what you can get from the cups.

FSG need to spend some serious money next Summer. Midfield needs an overhaul and some younger legs. And another attacking player.

Fair play to Kelleher. Excellent game from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You do feel better when you come back from 2 down to draw, Lukaku has changed his Facebook page back to being an inter milan player, i presume it's a legitimate page 11 million followers

• Advertisement

Yep beginning to dislike the owners.

This manager and this team deserve better. Everton spend more than us...

But yeah the stadium is amazing 👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Amongst others, thought we were at best 70 odd% today in most cases. Don't think it was a coincidence that Chelsea's best spells occurred at the end of both halves too, we were hanging on a bit at the end too.

Lacked any control for long periods, but still created a lot of chances. Kelleher looked like the calmest person in the ground, Ireland is really in a great position with him and Bazunu in our squad.

Should still have won it though, how many points is that we've dropped from a winning position so far this season? While I'd normally prioritise EPL over the cups, we don't want to just drop out of the cups too easily this year, they are the only chance we have to get some silverware, the league is gone.

Right, let the slaughter begin now that it is obvious MC are at least going to win, Liverpool certainly will not.

My 2 cents.

1. I don’t think there can be any debate that Liverpool can go into next season with Ox/Keita/Milner on their books. Though Ox has looked ok recently, and I like him, he just is not good enough.
    2. It was negligent of the club not to replace Gini. I accept that Elliot was expected to progress, but it was obvious from the outset that Keita would be injured a lot, Milner is past it, Hendo was unlikely to remain injury free and Thiago, though a brilliant player, was never going to play 30 games. Gini was ultra reliable, always fit and a super player, he should have been replaced.
    3. VVD just does not look right. He is still very good, just not the brilliant player he was.
    4. Though he scored today, Mane’s overall performances and decision making are now a concern.
    5. Hendo looks his age, as a brilliant captain his influence on the team used to be understated but hugely important. He now looks like he influences the game/team less than he used to.

Im just grumpy and disappointed, there are positives like Kelleher, Salah, Konate and the Greek. But we now look like a team who cannot compete with MC unless all our top players are on the pitch at the same time and in form.

We’ve been a but unlucky in that just as our Covid and injury situation has been the worst of the season we’ve had Spurs, Leicester and Chelsea all away. You probably get away with it with an easier fixture list.

But 5 games now we’ve dropped points after being ahead so can’t do that and challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Man Utd fan here....as a nuetral that was a cracking game....Liverpool miss Gini hugely and their bench doesn't cut the mustard to change a game when they come on....Chelsea missed the surging runs and crossing ability of Chilwell and James....Salah made a show of Alonso for his goal.

I think Konate is going to be a top CB....great strength,speed and reads game well. Unfortunately for Pool fans VVD post operation isn't a patch on the player he was in League Winning Season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm not a manager or tactician, but that last 20 minutes was almost a surrender of the title race.

We were very happy to sit in, keep our shape, and break only if possible.

Henderson was dominated by Kovacic. Milner at least last ditch tackled people in midfield. This run of form is as ordinary as I've seen him for a long time.

I hope that Jota sub was precautionary and he has a niggle. That baffled me. Gave impetous to Chelsea immediately.

Fair result. Neither team good enough for the title.

Concentrate on the cups now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

There were people on boards pointing that out last season and been accused of all sorts. Questions need to be asked about How your club is run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Classic view of overestimating a player that is either injured or has moved on. Gini was a solid player but that's about it. Had some great moments but the issue was not bringing in a top class mid once he left. The owners will get all that they deserve his season considering the lack of investment.

Why is it lol?

Liverpool owners are not poor, the issues with the squad were there to see at the start of the season and are glaring now. Were you expecting MC’s standards to dip?

Even Carragher, who is completely biased, sees no way back, on January 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think that's fair. We've been absolutely shafted by the handling of the virus outbreak in the PL during Christmas.

This season was suppose to be many big clubs beating each other, but we're back at the stage of City just beating everyone

• Advertisement

We've been fantastic this season bar a few games. City have the best squad and are deservably top.

I don't see the need for the toys been thrown from prams. I used to laugh at other supporters doing the same 😉

Never said I was happy, just the way its coming across .

Think that's just a handy excuse for the boards failure over last couple seasons to build on the success of a World class manager.

Pool signed a cb this year that they should of signed last year and didn't replace the most important midfielder in the team that they lost for nothing.

Poor squad management.

I have no idea what Jamie Carragher said I don't watch build up or post game stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

A lot of what's happening regards our general poor defensive play is down to the form of VVD unfortunately. When you look at the way we played 2 or 3 season ago it was easy dominate games with relentless attacks from our fullbacks because VVD and Allison sweeping were effectively a 2 man defence. Unfortunately VVD is nowhere near that type of player anymore and it just exposes the defensive weaknesses of our other defenders and the defensive weaknesses of the system in which we play. The team is effectively malfunctioning because of VVD no longer playing to those high standards, it's why we have such a variety of standards to what the way we are playing, we are still capable of really good attacking football but we are more exposed than ever when things are going against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thiago was a big miss today - would have controlled the game a lot better than Milner

I agree about VVD, but I also think the porosity in midfield is contributing to making him look poorer than he really is.

Like Peps interview

Speaks very well but you can can see the Kloppisms in him..

Haven't a clue what Kloppisms means but ya know

Wouldn’t be surprised if he succeeds Jurgen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

How? City have come through this singular postponement approach unscathed and don't seem to have lost many players from it either.

I could say more but not going to bite.

Win our game in hand and it's 8pts. Not impossible, like I mentioned before City face a lot of tougher away games.

Like Klopp said, lets see where we are in April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Midfield ain't helping but 2, 3 years ago we would get results when playing poorly simply because teams found it so hard to get around VVD. I remember 2 games against Leicester and Villa where we snatched 2 wins, Leicester in particular absolutely crucified us but VVD was unbelievable that day. Snuffed out every counter....now when we are under performing we lose or draw becasue VVD is no longer able to sniff out the counters as effectively and teams inevitable score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

In 10 games time we play city we need to win the 9 between now and then and city to draw 2 or lose 2 dropping 4/6 points to be within 7/5 points with a game in hand.

I can see city dropping 4/6 points but can't see us winning 9 in a row, it's over for me no way back now.

The 14 player rule applies to all teams. Liverpool were able to field a team with players who play regularly with the first team and brought on three subs who are in the pool who regularly play. Thiago, Mina and Origi are injured. City have a bigger squad and so far haven’t been to affected by Covid, that is their good luck. But that does not mean we have been poorly treated by the PL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement