Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 - 1000 mile challenge - year 13

Options
  • 31-12-2021 12:09pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We are now onto year 13, and surely it has to be a lucky number and we can properly get back to a full year of racing again. The thread from an initially hopeful 2021 can be found here. This year will be better, right?

The new 2022 version of the Google Docs spreadsheet can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HNEj1SUBgO3WPVCqvl98G8bjlpfjIwRa9P2mVxBBrjc/edit?usp=sharing

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometers enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B and don't forget to update that if you've passed a significant date as I just copied and pasted from the previous years spreadsheet. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. I have manually added the people who had edit access to the locked tab again for this year, and if there is anyone else who wants access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access.

As always, there will be somewhere that I have messed up with the calculations with the number of days in the year or having the wrong year in one of the lines. I tried to find them all, but let me know if you spot an error and I'll get it fixed.

Post edited by RacoonQueen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thanks for doing this.

Any chance we could clear out the 142 names in the Enter Total Here tab and start afresh? Most of the names are no longer posting and it just clutters everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Thanks for doing this again, after a good day's running (parkrun and a race_ I've taken what will no doubt be an extremely short lived lead!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'll tidy the list up in a day or so when I get back in front of a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Thank you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've cleared out a bunch of names of people who hadn't updated already. Don't anyone be offended if I've deleted you though, just ad yourself back in run. :)

• Advertisement

Looks like only the first 21 or so names are transferring over to the Positions sheet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Struggled last year and barely breached the 1,000 km mark. Hopefully my tendons hold up better in 2022

No idea how that error crept in as haven't needed to mess with the lines responsible for that for several years... Anyway, should all be good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Rounded up to the number of the beast today. Manchester in a couple of weeks so I expect my barnstorming start to the year will drop off pretty soon

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Apologies for only updating now. I thought I'd already entered some miles but haven't checked in over a month.

Anyway, I should hit the 100 mark tomorrow. That's actually a touch later than previous years, but it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

1k done, on track for 10 consecutive 3ks.

@robinph noticed that the year-end estimate formula is times 366

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Finally passed 1000 miles today. A whole 3 weeks later than last year.

Marathon training was sensible enough from January to end of April - I didnt force the mileage and stuck to the plan closely, probably could have managed a higher peak mileage on the plan. The downtime post marathon also slowed things a little when compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Went through a 1,000 during Marlay parkrun this morning, no better way to do it. Possibly the quickest I've ever achieved the mark. Now for 2,000!

1,000th mile today at Abbotstown just before the Sanctuary Run event. Three days later than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

Passed the 1,000 mile mark today for the first time ever in a calendar year. Hopefully stay injury/illness free for the remainder of the year to get to the 2,000 mile mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Passed the 1000 miles on Strava today, very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Passed my 1000 miles today. At the start of the year I had it as a yearly goal but ended up running a bit more than I’d initially planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

1,000 miles yesterday. A massive 6 days earlier than last year 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Tipped over the 1,000 today a little earlier than I usually do. Normally I'm scaping in sometime in December 😄

Nice to get in a bit of consistent running with no show-stopping injuries (so far anyway, touch wood!)

Mileage for the year so far:

Jan 66 | Feb 106 | Mar 187 | Apr 156 | May 77 | Jun 63 | July 98 | Aug 188 | Sep 60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

2,006 miles today, a little behind the 3k curve, but an injury-free Autumn would mean it's achievable at less than 9 miles per day for 10 in a row.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Ticked over the 1000 mile mark this week. Most I've ever done in a year, and that includes losing ~10 weeks of training. Should hit 2000 km hopefully by the end of the year.

Just ticked over 1000 during yesterday's parkrun. Well behind usual, but still ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

Past the 1,000 miles for the first time ever last week. That is one of my 2022 Goals done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Passed 1000 miles yesterday, during the obligatory Dun Laoghaire to Howth run training for Dublin, it's my 4th year in a row, but won't hit 1500 which I've managed the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Also managed to pass the 1000 miles mark last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Passed 1000 miles for the year last Friday, 30 days earlier than last year so that's some progress. Was on course to do it around 3 weeks ago but best laid plans and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Snuck over 2000 this evening, a plod after the Chicago marathon adventure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Ticked over the 2000 km mark last night, will probably finish up the year around 2500 km which would be more than double any previous year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭longrunn

Will hit 1000 by the end of this week.

Advertisement