Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory docket

Options
  • 28-12-2021 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering always went to mart with sheep but might chance a few to the factory, does the dispatch docket have to have all the numbers of the sheep written down on it or will they be scanned, and all I have to do is write down the amount of sheep I have brought.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

You need to write every number

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eire23

Just write the first tag number and skip a line, write TO and then the last tag number underneath that.

Or else write the first tag number and draw a arrow down the page and that will do either. No need to write every number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Robson99

Don't need to write any tag nos only the no of sheep you are killing on the dispatch sheet. All are scanned electronically

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

Just the number of sheep on dispatch docket one of the advantages of electronic tagging

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Four different answers. At least three wrong ones.

I write them all but I don't send many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Have been sending mine to Navan & some to Athleague for nearly 2 years & haven’t written any tag numbers on docket

I put a spray mark on them, write it on top of docket & number of lambs & away they go

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

Trust me I’m sending ones every couple of weeks don’t have to right down any tags only put amount of sheep on top right hand corner.

same applies going to mart

Not sure if thats the correct way lads. You might not be getting any hassle over it now but it doesnt make it easy if you have to go home amd update flock records etc.

Don’t you get a print out with cheque??

Most factories will email you the record

My opinion is if the form has the boxes to fill in for each number of the tag it should be completed. I do get print outs from the factory but have had incorrect tag numbers on them a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eire23

Thats grand if it's only a couple of lambs going. Some nuisance having to write 70 or 100 individual tag numbers. It was one advantage of the eid tags.

Everyone to there own. Boxes are still there as not everywhere you go can scan tags. Eg abbatoirs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

If you are bringing all your own lambs (ie all tagged with your own tags) to a factory or mart which is a designated one there is no need to put any tag no's on the dispatch sheet .

As regards filling out the sheep book I just put ;

" Dispatch docket no.XXX . Numbers as per kill sheet "

Not much point in paying in excess of a Euro per EID tag and having to write each one down on the sheet .

There never was a need from the beginning of the NSIS to list all the tag numbers for either the factory or mart if they were tagged in sequence and were all home born .Just put in first number ,arrow down and last number in lot .This is despite some places and Dept. inspectors insisting on it being done a few years ago .

That advice came from a person who should know ie the person who designed and was in charge of the NSIS .I asked him myself about 7 or 8 years ago and he said that once you had the first and last tags down and the number of sheep on top that was all that was needed and I imagine he should know .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

If the factory scanner fails to read a tag then they are supposed to manually read it .Seen maybe 5 or 6 this year with "manually read " after the tag number .

If we are paying for EID then you would expect it to work as that's the basis it was sold to us on ie no more manually filling out sheets esp .where you might have 3 or 4 different flock numbers in a batch .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭kk.man

Had an inspection here recently. He read the tags of all the sheep in the place. After that he inspected the flock register and then accessed it off the print out of his documentation. It married up. To the best of my knowledge he didn't look at the dispatch books because I suppose everything tallied up. He went back three years. I be a stickler for filling out records on the day hence I wasn't too worried about that part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Did you get much notice out of interest? I assume he didn't just appear in the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭kk.man

No didn't appear. He gave me 48 hrs but with work at the time that wasn't possible and explained my case. He was very understanding and in effect I got 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Not so bad..like everything I suppose the more organised you are the less hassle these things will be..

Advertisement