If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" TV options

Options
  • 03-01-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Looking to buy 2 X 43" TVs.

The first one would be for pretty casual use with a firestick/Netflix etc. I was looking at Philips 43PUS7556. Is there any better bang for buck I could get here? HDMI 2.1 nice to have for future proofing but probably not really that necessary tbh.

The second one would be for use with PS5. Also looking at the 43PUS7556 as it seems to have HDMI 2.1 and VRR. Is there any reason I would upgrade to the 7906 or the 8556 here?

If there's something else entirely you'd recommend I'm all ears.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi TheUnderfaker.

Many thanks for the post.

The 43PUS7556 is a great starting point for HDMI 2.1. Currently priced at 439 Euro delivered. This is one of the Philips Non Ambi Light sets.

There are very few difference between the 7556 and the 7906. The 7906 adds in eARC and Ambi Light, then the 8556 also throws in an android operating system.

For a noticeable difference in picture quality over the Philips 7556 and 7906 you would need to go for something like the 43Q60A priced at 609 Euro

Stock is getting low on the 43PUS7556.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Thanks Kenny,

The description on the website says that the 7906 has the Android operating system as well. Is that case? I've already got the 8556 in a 50" version with Android TV and find it's great.

I'll probably look to go with 2 x 7906 if it does have Android TV and there are no other major differences between it at the 8556.

Any offers you can give to a repeat customer? I've bought an OLED65B9, a 50PUS8556 and an Optoma HD29HST off ye in the past few years.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi TheUnderfaker.

I keep forgetting the 7906 has android. Philips used to have it in their 8 series an above but changed it this year.

Unfortunately I could not offer a better deal on the 7906 as they are really low margin products.

The 8 series Philips uses a different processor all together.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.