Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Did they mention the Varadkar criminal investigation or is any paddy news noteworthy, (even if it doesn't matter to you)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I see Cosgrave now thinks Varadkar making a donation to someone doing a fundraiser for Dublin Simon community is some sort of scandal - and thinks it’s deserving of harassing and doxxing the person doing the charity run.

Himself and Bowes have lost the plot completely - very transparent effort from them to use the online shinnerbot army to try and silence any voices that support the government.

The same tactics they are pulling on other forms of social media to bully people into silence have been long evident on here by the coordinated shinnerbot attacks - at least we’ve seen progress with one of the multi-accounters finally being dealt with.

very transparent effort from them to use the online shinnerbot army

I think a very similar problem is assuming everyone who has an issue with Varadkar is working for SF.

It suggests everyone is fine with his leaking documentation and being under criminal investigation except those hired by SF. Must be comforting to believe that.

Who said that. You’ve a habit very similar to a few others here - both current and banned posters - of putting words into other peoples mouths. Strawmanning just shows you’re incapable of putting an actual argument together.

There’s plenty who disagree with Varadkar who come from all parties and none. There’s also plenty who can be politically opposed to the Govt parties without resorting to personalised attacks at every opportunity.

The point being made is that Paddy is deliberately targeting the shinnerbot online army (SFOS is what SF themselves called it) to try and doxx, troll and abuse anyone who doesn’t share Paddy’s belief.

I can see that you seem to be cut from the same cloth, and seem intent on similar rubbish to try and silence any voices who dare disagree with you, just like you’ve been trying to do here for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Recent incidences on other more familiar platforms would lead one to believe that this “shinnerbot army’ might not be as

mythical as some would like to have us think.

Seems to be very high moral standards from some people on certain issues but selective memory on others.

Uhmmm.………………

• Advertisement

Can you explain what you meant by:

very transparent effort from them to use the online shinnerbot army

To me it reads like you are assuming the criticism is coming from SF online bots.

The point being made is that Paddy is deliberately targeting the shinnerbot online army (SFOS is what SF themselves called it) to try and doxx, troll and abuse anyone who doesn’t share Paddy’s belief.

Why shinnerbot? How are you differentiating from shinnerbots and people who have issue with varadkar for non SF reasons?

I'm quite confident there are political party loyal bots, but trying to ignore there are many non party or even FG party affiliates who have issue with varadkar is hoping, believing or trying to sell the idea that what varadkar did is of no interest to the average non party punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RamonD3

Am I missing something completely but I thought you could enter any person's name as a donor on these pages. Leo would hardly stick his own name down with a comment would he. Cosgrave can't be that much of a thick that he thinks that's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Leo who decided it would be a good idea to make an army of fake accounts probably wouldn't use his real name, no.

It’s clear to anyone who isn’t trying to strawmanning and deflect. Cosgrave and his pals are trying to doxx and drive pile-ons against randomers on Twitter to try and silence anyone who doesn’t agree with them. The shinnerbot cadre have form of that - on here as well as Twitter and other social media.

There’s a major difference between disagreeing with someone and trying to doxx them and drive a pile on. But you keep trying to pretend it’s all the same - just shows up exactly what you and your pals here are trying to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Paddy is a whisker away from getting himself in the courts again when he will wrongly defame someone.

2022 will be an interesting year for him, given all the noise about his own behavior. It seems everyone and anyone is now part of the 'establishment' Even guys like Mick Clifford who lifted the lid on many a scandal....

We all know the noise is about trying to deflect what he is going through at the moment.

Tbf paddy cosgrove is a clown...but that lad was well willing to diss out abuse and delete comments who dare qs him (as is his right for his own profile/comments)....but to also complain,when himself was happy to engage in a pile-on over brian stanley remembering the ira success at narrowwater is v.hypocritical

Funny to watch all sides lose their sh1te over what is essentially a nothing matter,given the serious issues facing the state, and noone outside a tiny bubble of elitists knows what going/who involved

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's not a nothing matter.

Private individuals, with private money, not elected by anyone to anything, making baseless vexatious scattergun claims, that cause distrust and unease and indeed spread misinformation among an anxious public, in dangerous times, is not a nothing matter at all.

When the book is closed on this saga in a while, the only common factor in a web of lies, abuse, malfeasance and pound shop Machiavellianism will be one Paddy Cosgrave.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,657 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The same people who were roaring on Paddy and quoting his every Tweet on this thread would be the first to complain about big business and politics if say Facebook donated to Fine Gael. Awesome hypocrisy.

The chap was releasing graphs,off the hse geohive,pushing an anti-lockdown agenda,with a positive spin

Which is his right,and he free to misrepresent and manipulate the data to suit his particular agenda....kind of opened a fair can of worms when he started getting deleting comments highlight flaws and getting abusive towards anyone who qs him

A large part of me,suspects he picked fight to provoke row,so as to claim to be bullied....as our hospitilizations and icu are beginning to spirall again

If it emerges the government/fg were paying a pzier executive to publish misleading data for a positive spin in contrast to offial nephet/hse policy....you are right,this is deffo not a nothing matter and has done more to empower the anti-vaxx folk,than anything else in last 2 years

Will he return late feb/early march as our icu numbers begin to fall again..to cash in further on the grift??

I never tried to deflect for cosgrave. Who's strawmanning? My query was what makes you think its SF bots taking this up? Because others you think are SF bots did similar previously? You are entitled to your theory.

I never spoke on doxxing or pile ons at all. Made absolutely no comments on that. Is this what you were referring to about posters intentionally taking comments up wrong?

Its bad enough the Varadkar leak thread is allowed be the 'let's get paddy' thread, but now its a shinner thread too?

Like who? You made this up and keep repeating it.

I disagree. Only those deflecting for Varadkar have Paddy issues.

IMO, for the vast honest majority, Paddy will be a footnote. The only story is the then Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, leaking confidential government documents to his friend and coming under criminal investigation. Not some lad on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Great to see the ‘high moral standards and fake revulsion’ only apply to those whom one doesn’t like.

Doubt if the issue with Leo Varadkar is the burning issue in the Sheaf of Wheat of a Saturday night, or the soirées in the leafy burbs.

More pressing issues, one would suspect, like how did the Bindippers let Chelsea back into the game, or Will Covid scupper the ‘Leinsters’ chance of silverware.

Those heading a long list of people with Paddy issues, who apparently don't have any thoughts on Leo one way or the other, begin with pretty much anyone he's ever done business with.

You're melting like the Wicked Witch of the West now Brucie, the story is now firmly in the crosshairs of the vexatious and sociopathic Mr Cosgrave and the more you say it isn't, the more shrill you sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,657 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What's that old saying about lying down with dogs?

The lads were taken for a great ride by Paddy.

I don't think its an ongoing topic of discussion but anyone thinking its more about Paddy is only fooling themselves. When the topic comes up paddy doesn't feature much id imagine.

You missed your own point. Paddy is not the big story in the Leo leak criminal investigation. Its Leo, the leak and the criminal investigation.

Never denied what paddy is at. I'll take your word. No interest myself.

100%.

Used and spat out like so many that have encountered Cosgrave along the way.

You'd feel a terrible mug.

If only these people existed :)

Hold up, are you lads talking about yourselves? If quoting him is supporting everything he says and does....

I still don't get how paddy makes what varadkar did go away.

It deosnt make it go away,....its kind of a v.obscure (and weird) form of head-in-sand to think some ghoul doxxing people on twitter,makes leaking confidential state documents,somehow ok

Cosgrove is well overdue a thread of his own id imagine,

They keep drying up. Nobody wants to discuss paddy unless it helps Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why did Chay Bowes leak the content of the text conversation that involved him and Ó Tuathail and other members of the NAGP to the Village magazine?

He's got a chip on his shoulder about the HSE ever since he burned his bridges there. Like Cosgrave it's a Moby Dick obsession. And so, when it comes to anything at all to do with the health sector, he trys to spin an angle, to damage it. Except he's a nobody, with no real substance and so never lands a punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Leo who wrote a letter to Kylie?

Wouldn't put it past him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement