Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw this on reddit, sorry taken from 4chan so most likely bullshit but with the amount of cdpr leaks with their hack, could be something to it. Sounds great if true.

"some guy says he's got inside info about the game's progress

>cyberpunk next gen/patch 1.5 will be treated as a soft relaunch for the game. game will be renamed Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition

>cdpr will do a big livestream around february to reveal the patch, the cyberpunk anime and the first expansion

>new patch features: barbershops, a garage, improved AI, transmog system, a complete rebalancing of the loot system, new UI

>the promised free dlc will be bundled in and includes 4 new weapons, new game plus, appartment customization, new gigs

>tons of small stuff like judy and panam sending you more text messages during the course of the game

>first expansion takes place in pacifica which is actually quiet huge

>you walk around and do quests in what is called the "combat zone"

>the combat zone is being fought over by two new gangs: the Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)

>walking around the combat zone feels very inspired by the game s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

>cyberpunk will get it's own gwent like mini game, it involves going to cyberspace and controlling and collecting monster which you can send to jrpg like battles, also has multiplayer

>one of the monsters looks like the reaper, another one i saw looks like an oni

>the cyberpunk anime called Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners is made by Studio Trigger with writing and story made by CDPR themselves. it looks absolutly insane. Beautiful 2D animation that reminds me of Akira.

>another expansion is in early stages of planning but will only be released if the first expansion is a succes"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most of that seems reasonable enough. Although I don't see mention of the perk system that really needs to be fleshed out

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

From another comment on the 4chan page (very near the bottom)

Hearing similar things as that of the 2077 leak, but there is some inaccuracies.

That Trigger show (Yes, it was announced publicly)

> Summer 2022 for Cour 1, Holiday 2022 for Cour 2.

> CDPR is heavily involved, and while a few of their writing members are on, it is being handled scriptually with Yoshiki Usa and Masahiko Ôtsuka.

> A lot of the artstyle can be seen for the show already, from BNA: Brand New Animal. It's what admittedly got CDPR to want Trigger on for the project.

> The show takes place directly with the timeskip from the cold open, to saving Sandra Dorsett. V and Jackie will be the main characters, with female V (Valerie) being used for [Branding] reasons.

> The character featured on the initial promotional material, is a new character made for the Anime exclusively. He will not appear in Samurai Edition.

Branding:

> With Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition, the goal is making the game distinctually "new". One aspect will be changing the V represented on promotional, to Valerie.

> Johnny Silverhand will additionally be given more presence in the marketing as-well.

New content for Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai (Including Free DLC*):

> Barber Shop, Garage, and Apartment Customization will be fully integrated into the patch proper. As is New Game Plus

> *Meetups (Meetups doing activities with various members of Cyberpunk 2077's cast)

> *New Gigs with weapon rewards included (Higher difficulty missions that are optional from the start of the game.)

> Overhauled UI/AI, with a focus on AI behavior and the sophistication of the AI. Crowd Density will additionally open up further.

> Will only be available for next generation versions. PS4 and XBOX One versions are not possible in the slightest, and has been essentially given up.

> Will include new dialogue, specifically with V and Johnny Silverhand. Keanu is still onboard and did do some new lines and mocap for the updated version.

> Samurai Edition will be releasing on March 25th, 2022.

If true, the biggest take away is that only PC, PS5 and Xbox Series versions will get this. That will piss off a fair few people...

It should never have been released on last gen, but that would have been the honourable thing to do. Money talks.

Samurai Edition really needs to be next gen only to pull it off, should have never been a last gen game except development was easy too long and you'd get more sales from last gen. Hope this is all true anyway, would really look forward to trying it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did I miss anything by not playing the current release or is it best do what I have been doing all along and waiting for the Series X edition to be released.

If the above leaks are to be believed (they sound realistic and roughly align with previously released info), we'll get an announcement in February and a release at the end of March. It's probably worth buying it whenever its at its cheapest in the next month.

I think its still worth playing in its current state, but if you can wait 2-3 months more, its probably worth waiting, as who knows how this re-release will impact the current version of the game (Entirely free or pay for the DLC, compatible save files...).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Definitely get it, its a good game, just play it on next gen consoles or else on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Well they’ve already came out and said the next gen upgrade is free so hopefully they don’t go back on that. I’ll happily pay for more content as long as it’s worth it as I cannot wait to get back to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Same, I'd rather pay for good content than to get free crap. This game still has some good potential.

• Advertisement

This is it. I really want them to deliver something close to what they promised.

I'd happily pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

There's a smell of Anthem off those leaks. Particularly: >another expansion is in early stages of planning but will only be released if the first expansion is a succes"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Recent/possible updates aside, I have to say I've been really enjoying this! I used the auto-scaling to reduce the game from (the preset) Ultra to High settings; while it might not look as good the frame rate has smoothed out considerably and made the game infinitely more playable. Since then I've been having a blast with it and look forward to playing some more.

I've just met Johnny Silverhand and completed the Gunship part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Imo there's plenty they could do to improve the game without having to sell us those improvements. I mean to charge now would just be another PR disaster aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

To charge now would be madness. HG have proven that games can be fixed over time without the need to charge again. And proven it so well that they're still making sales because of it. That's what CDPR will have to do, but I think they already said it would be free so... I think I also read in May 2020 CD Project SA was worth 8 billion or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I bought the PS4 version for 25e in the sale, just to wait for the PS5 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Just got the platinum on this, playing ps5. Had a good time, I will miss hanging with Keanu Reeves.

Another leak for when the next-gen (or at least PS5) version will release

This aligns with the previous leaks of a March timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just finished my first playthrough of Cyberpunk. I started on Corpo and kind've skipped a bunch of side missions and gigs just to see how the story ended.

So my character starts off as Corpo but things get messed up with Jackie getting killed and Johnny being implemented into V's brain. At first, I distrusted Johnny and tried to ignore everything he said and did the opposite to what he said, but during the game, we kind've developed a bit of a bond and by the end of the game there was no animosity between us. One of the last side missions I did was play in his band so I was able to complete that arc with Johnny that there were no hard feelings between us. He got to have his wish to go on a date with Rogue and play with his band one last time so I feel we were square at that point.

I chose the suicide option in the end, although I didn't really know at the time what I was choosing because I thought maybe V would just go on a suicide mission solo and die as Johnny did years before. But V committed suicide in the end. I don't know what to think about that ending. Rather than choose between Johnny's option or Hanako's option or one of the other options, I decided to end it on V's terms. Nobody gets the chip inside V's head, V no longer gets tangled up in that mess with Arasaka, and V's suffering comes to an end. Is that a bad way to look at it? I don't know. But that was the option I chose.

I romanced Judy in the story which was very sad for Judy seeing as she already had to deal with Evelyn's death earlier on in the game, but there's a parallel there I think. Evelyn and V both commit suicide. In different ways, they both suffered, but they ended it themselves.

My only other friends were Panam and River but we parted on friendly terms even though Panam was angry with V's death but I think she was just being angry because it's a stage of grief. Still, I'm not sure if there are any other characters to befriend but those were the important ones I think, along with Victor and Misty. So I'm happy with the conclusion of those arcs.

In conclusion, the ending was a bit anti-climatic since I chose the suicide option rather than go with the other options but it still makes me think. What motivation did Corpo V have going after Arasaka in the first place? Johnny wants revenge and Hanako wants to take over. Does it really matter to V what the outcome is? But like I said, wasn't really sure what would happen when I chose the option. I had guessed it would be a solo suicide mission or something. Sad ending anyway.

I'm now starting a new playthrough on Nomad so my second time around I'll do things more thoroughly and complete all the side missions and gigs and finish it properly with no shortcuts.

Overall I think the game is good. Since I'm playing it on PS4 it's glitchy but I can forgive that because I found the game to be an enjoyable and immersive experience. I hope they'll make a sequel to the game someday. The music was also pretty good too.

Post edited by Riddle101 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just as a follow-up from my previous post. I've now completed the Nomad playthrough.

This was a much better ending them the previous playthrough as a chose to run away with the Nomads in the end. It kind've feels like the canon ending for the Nomad character as well as everything seems to come full circle for V. At the start of the game he comes to NC after leaving the Bakkers behind and begins his new life, but eventually meets Panam and the Aldecaldos and helps them out. Over time he gains acceptance by them and eventually returns to his roots as a Nomad. I also romanced Panam too so it was a bit of a no-brainer taking the Nomad ending. Poor Saul though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cyberpunk news stream announced for tomorrow. Likely to be dates for PS5/XSX, maybe some upgrades/DLC news.

Looks like its out tomorrow for XSX anyway, likely also PS5:

Reply to the above tweet:

Also, just to note, the announcement is as 3PM Irish time tomorrow - I'm too used to seeing American time zones for announcements, rather than European ones.

I wonder could the update actually be dropping tomorrow? That would be very interesting, would definitely reinstall it straight away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It does sound like an 'and it's out now!' sort of deal.

Hopefully the PS5 save upload process will be painless and easy, as opposed to one of those horrid "download and update the PS4 version, upload the save through options menu etc..." jobs. I do think a few recent games have made that process much more seamless than the first few next-gen upgrades, even if Xbox is still streets ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have kept the PS4 installed for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So it's finally time to buy it then, I was looking forward to it so much on release but delighted I waited to see the response of others. Available now for €20 and hopefully it'll play on the PS5 like it was always meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

I was gonna install ps4 version again just to counter the stupid save transfer mechanic that I'm sure will exist but gonna just start fresh anyway, been over a year since i played it last and only put in about 6 hours so happy to start fresh.

Advertisement