Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I've asked for a trade in on my 2017 model s 75 with 143km on the clock, has fsd, premium connectivity and cpo warranty until October or 160k which I won't get close to hitting by then. Is black with white leather seats and full glass roof bit doesn't have have thimgs like air suspension or premium sound. Am sure I'll only get offered about 30k isk

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

not sure how they value them to be honest. We all know how they value non teslas (through the trade) but I’m thinking teslas are treated differently.

I also got a call asking if I still had free SuC so there could be some value placed on that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I highly doubt they will be selling these S's on, I think they will be loaners, perhaps they are "phasing" out olders S's if being traded in against a new S3XY

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Mine has air suspension and free supercharging for life. The end of the warranty is also a reason I am getting out. It is an extremely powerful car with nearly 400kw, violent almost in it's performance and there are lots of gizmo's and gadgets on it as it was the flagship model at the time in 2015. We've had plenty of time off the road in Sandyford (all under warranty) but I reckon the MIC M3 is a lot better screwed together and designed with more reliability and simplicity in mind. Auto presenting door handles in Model S are just one example of a notorious and regular weak point that we've had multiple replacements of in the last 4 years. Saying that, I do love the Model S and I'll be sad to see it go. Just time for a change.

I was in the hunt for a P85D when my current car popped uk for sale. Your car is 691bhp. It’s violently fast as you’ve already stated.

mine also has smart air suspension, pan roof, free SuC, Free Premium Connectivity, AP1, 21” wheels, home link, multi coat red, tech pack, sun zero pack, and the ludicrous pack with is 762bhp and a 0-60 in 2.8 seconds.

realistically on the road there wouldn’t be much between our cars I would imagine.

• Advertisement

Very possible.

they’d be some loaners to get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Don't trade in a free supercharging for life car to Tesla as they will remove it!

I do (or did) 50-60k per year before covid. I had an S90D and wouldnt dream of dropping down to a 3 to spend that much time in.

Correct, but if they offer a premium for it then why not especially if their Tesla trade in offers are improving, benefit of Tesla trade in being you can keep your car right up to new one arrived so not get stuck a) without a car, or b)selling a €40k+ car privately and having to deal with tyrekickers/withdrawers

I sold mine to the second caller and first viewer - within 2 weeks of listing it, the car was gone.

There's got to be plenty of market for a P model with free supercharging. There's slim domestic pickings now.

• Advertisement

I know. But they are offering such good trade in prices now that it makes no sense not to.

unless a buyer really wanted to spend €57k privately on a 2016 car!

The prior poster was offered low 40's no?

I still think mid 50's for a 2016 P90DL would be a good price and one I'd personally pay.

Sorry I thought you meant me :)

Yes, the P85D was mid 40’s alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Yeah this would be my thinking also. I'm too busy for any time wasting and I think 42,750 ain't bad. I was expecting worse to be honest. 2nd hand values are strong at the moment but I'm too busy to take on anything. The thoughts of just rocking up to Sandyford and handing her over before jumping into the new wheels seems pretty appealing right now. If anybody is super serious then PM me and I'll send on photos/video that I took after she was last detailed. I think it was said on here recently that the pool of people wanting (and able to) buy a €40k+ second hand car are quite small

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm always game for interesting deals. And both the above Model S cars appeal to me.

Anyone interested in my black 142 Model S P85? 101k miles, so just out of bumper to bumper CPO warranty. But pretty much everything has already been replaced. High voltage battery, door handles, both front halogen bulbs, rear light clusters, MCU, sunroof, wiper motors, brand new bonnet. CCS conversion. Brand new front brake pads and Brembo brake disks.

All options ticked like 23kW AC charging, air suspension, ultra high fidelity sound, free connectivity for life. I had free supercharging for life, but Tesla took that away from me, but in the process of getting it back, looking quite promising. And the car still has battery / drivetrain warranty until July 2022

Anyone interested, feel free to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

They took away your free SuC? Did that happen during the sale or later?

Long story, had it for 14 months but it was suddenly removed. Prefer to only discuss details privately at the moment. Not publicly until resolved. Only mentioned it for the sake of openness.

Not many Performance Model S for sale in Ireland. If any at all.

just to add to the above which Unkel most likely knows but I’ll add the details :)

420 bhp Performance Motor

0-60 in 4.1 seconds although I think I’m one of the software updates this officially dropped to 3.9. Not that it makes much difference :)

Free Premium Connectivity for life is one of those overlooked options. Especially with the option to upgrade to MCU2, you have free data for streaming these new apps for life, Netflix, you tube etc

According to zeroto60times it is indeed 3.9s 😁

Not that you would get that in real life unless the road is bone dry, otherwise the 600NM instantly available for the rear wheels just doesn't get enough grip. Lots of fun trying though. Have the car nearly 2 years now and you just can not wipe the grin off my face 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Free Premium Connectivity may be more valuable than free supercharging for some people, at least until we get more superchargers.

• Advertisement

Agreed. My supercharging over the last two years would have been not much more than about €80 in total. Connectivity costs €10 per month, so would have cost me €220 to date. Both amounts aren't even material compared to the total cost of ownership. Depreciation / finance cost alone is thousands upon thousands per year for the vast majority of Model S owners.

Update on the frunk: had Tom call out just now. And apparently there are a number of different setups to the frunk and there was a software update recently that made a change to the way they operate. In my case, I used to open the frunk a bit from the menu or the key. Then you could manually lift it up straight away. Now you open it a bit and then you have to pull the lever slightly (exactly the same way as in conventional cars) and because I have big hands, I first have to slightly push down the bonnet a touch, otherwise it is in a lock position. Safety OTA update, was all 😁

The facelift cars have that (press release button and then pull the lever) already.

Tesla have reduced the CHAdeMO adaptor to €99, any point really if you already have the CCS upgrade?

CHAdeMO Adapter (tesla.com)

Mine is already in the post!

For "legacy" s and x owners it gives access to both sides of a HPC if ccs is in use, rather than having to queue. Worth €99 to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Does that mean that you have a Model S/X in the post also?

Not yet but that's the intention soon. Couldnt pass up the chademo at that price though.

I have a deposit on a new X plaid, and on a Cybertruck. I dont expect to see either of those for a couple of years so will be buying an older S with free SuC in the interim.

I did have a think on it, in my almost two years with the S I've never been in the situation where I've needed a CHAdeMO charge and with expanding SuC network I find it hard to justify, maybe at €49...but then again if I got it I could charge from 3pin, commando (16/32amp), CCS, SuC, AC at 22kW and CHAdeMo, not bad for a 7 year old car, basically the most versatile charging options available on the market!

I've always said that if I could get a CHAdeMO adapter for around a hundred quid, I'd get one. So bought. Thanks slave1 😀

Even if I'd never use it, you'd sell that on again for near enough the same money no probs. And if I'd ever get another Model S again without CCS, I might not go for the €299 conversion (with the rapidly expanding SuC network in Ireland). Although after the ability to fast charge in an emergency locally, my second reason was that SuC V3 only have CCS connections, so I probably would...

• Advertisement

ah stop it lads

Advertisement