Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Night 3 - Thursday February 17 - SSE Arena, Belfast

Night 13 - Thursday April 28 - 3Arena, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Does anyone else feel Wright doesn't get the credit he deserves? I know he throws a bit slower than the Smiths, Andersons and Claytons of this world but Jesus he is just unreal. 24 180s tonight. He seems to have this switch of gears when needed and is so cool, calm and collected at all times.

Many wanted Anderson to win tonight but I always love to see Wright do well. A real character and a classy man.

51 years old and here he is at the top of his game and another word championship final. Legend of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wright is a class act and I think he deserves another world title.

If Smith wins the monkey will be off his back and I think he could dominate the sport for a while. That throwing action is so effortless when he's on.

I have a feeling the occasion will get to him though and Wright will beat him comfortably.

I have that feeling too, a few wobbles from him tonight in the semi against Wade, will be exacerbated x10 in the final. I hope Smith wins because he's had a much tougher route to the final but I think Wright will win. Just seems to turn it on when needed. Will be a cracker either way and I cannot wait for it. Been a great tournament with so many good games. Deserves a good finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I agree, I think if Smith wins tomorrow and gets confidence he can beat the best around he will prove a very hard nut to crack going forward.

His scoring power and fluidity when at his best is very hard to live with.

Wright is one of the best of all time but if Smith wins I think it signals a bit of a changing of the guard.

Still l think Wright and Anderson will win a lot more tournaments before they jack it in though. Not many players can average over a ton under the cosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG and Chizzy must be like antichrists watching knowing the irritating circumstances which lead to them withdrawing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I know it's impossible to say but I reckon the final would've been the same even if there were no withdrawals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Would be great to see anderson do one proper year on the circuit before he retires and get back to his best more regular. To turn up to the wdc the last 2 years with no form and go close again is unreal.

Going by some new posters on here that standard he showed last night was a surprise to them. There was a time 100 avg in wdc match was the norm for him.

He is easily one of the best of all time and one of the few that could match taylor and mvg in their prime.

Peter wright said last night thats the best game he ever played , broke the record in 180s for single player in wdc match , beating andersons 22.

Both smith and wright could beat the record of 71 180s in a single wdc , a record also held by anderson.

29 180s hit in their recent GSOD semi-final and that was in just 28 legs. You have to think there'll be at least 45-50 legs tonight so we could be looking at around 50 180s tonight. Mental.

I see PP have the total 180s set at 32.5 which seems very low. Over 32.5 at 8/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Anderson will be kicking himself after that, the slow start killed him, just left too much to do. If he had to get to 5 sets each i think he would have won it. Fair play to Wright, consistently good all the way through, i think he’ll win it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Think Wright will have too much tonight. Smith needs a good start. I think if it's a tight match Wright's experience will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If either of tonight's finalists come down with Covid will opponent get a walkover?

I think PP had the overs and unders (180s) at 22.5 - think it was 19.5 in other semi - , and Wrighty beats it on his own!!.. Hope your 'Wright' about the overs prediction 😂 Means the match should see quite a few sets at any rate, which, in turn, gives Bully Boy a stellar chance of prevailing 😁

Mon Smith!

You'd expect at least a 7-5 or 7-6 scoreline which should easily be enough to beat the overs.

I hope Smith wins, but I've money on Wright so I hope he wins more. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Don't stop the party !

Snakebite to win it tonight.

I'm the opposite, which is why I hope Smith wins.. Only on at 6/4 before the semis, but a win's a win..

Best of luck with your 33 or more ton 80s bet 😊 Can't say same about your other one, alas 😁 May the best Englishman win 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Smith has matured and no longer throws his toys out of the pram when things go against him.

However, I think Wright's greater experience will just see him over the line in a thriller.

Looking forward to a great final.

My head says Wright, but it's Smith's name on me betting slip 😂

Peter plays like what he did last night, and it could be 7-3..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Full Premier League lineup won't be announced tonight:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Probably to try and give Fallon a chance to do well in some mickey mouse tournie and justify her inclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Q-School is next week so they'll probably see if she gets a tour card from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Very hard to pick a winner.

Just hope both continue playing their best and we get an epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

My God that intro! She read it out like she was reading the 9 o'clock news!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Hope the fans don't boo or trying and distract Wright tonight, can also sense there's going to be alot trying to put him off the way the crowd is already going on already with the crap same 4 songs every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Would like to see bully boy win as his rhythm is lovely to watch. Can't help but think Wright will be too wily for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him slow things down at times. He's been playing exceptionally himself. Smith will have to overcome any bottle concerns to win tonight that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

One of the more intriguing finals in recent years, that's for sure

I got greedy & went for the Smith treble......to win, highest checkout & most 180's.......... but after seeing snakebite in killer form last night I ain't optimistic....... I still think Smith to win but as regards the checkout/180's......thats just a coin flip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Hoping Bully stops the party for Wright tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ok, so their averages and trebleless stats are all over the shop already.

Ridiculous start.

Just Ridiculous, 28th dart at double to win it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement