Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

1150 slots popped up in Athlone at 12-00 and in one minute they were all gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Randox have tests available but they say not to book if you have a positive pcr

I'm waiting for my results today, I'm hopeful it's negative

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Post edited by Icantthinkof1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Still waiting, anyone else waiting on randox results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

My brother was waiting 8 days for a PCR slot. He is in Galway but often tried those Athlone slots and said they were 'tease' slots - never managed to secure one.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnlynch1970

11 members of my extented family hacve it, including one who's 73 years old, each and everyone of them say its like a head cold as far as i know they are all vaccinated, 7 other people i know have it, 3 arent vaccinmated but they said they feel like s*it but thought it would have been much worse, 2 others i spoke with said the same as anyone ive spoken with who has it, its just like a head cold, absolutely no idea how i havent got it yet ive been around loads of people who have it and have taken regular tests, im vaccinated but im done now no more boosters, enoigh is enough at this stage,the more people get it the better, we cannoty contuinoe to live like this ffs,peoples mental health is fcuked over 2 years of this lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Symptoms of fatigue, muscle aches n pains, slightly breathless at times, slight headache since Friday, antigens say negative.. trying g for 3 days for pcr..zilch..what does one do...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

how many days is it taking you to go from a positive antigen test to negative? with no symptoms at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

For those who tested positive on an antigen test after being identified as a close contact, how long did it take for your antigen to come up positive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Everyone I know who’s had it over the last ten days or so seems to be 3/4 days after coming into contact with the person who had it.

Thank you that's good to know. I'm on day 4 now and still negative so we will see how the next day or so goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Anyone who lost the sense of smell or taste did it take long to come back?

Was it a gradual thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Close contact on a Tuesday , felt symptoms on Thursday night . Positive on the Sunday midday

All antigen Wednesday to Saturday were negative

I did another antigen today and it's positive. My symptoms haven't improved at all. I have a private PCR booked for tomorrow anyways. I'll have half of Zara Home bought by the time I'm clear 😆

Wow okay, longer than I would have expected. I'm not out of the woods yet so. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're doing okay, feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I doing fine thank you . I had a head cold , headache and sinus pain for 3/4 days

I was up and about and never needed to stay in bed . I am over 65 so count myself very lucky to be vaccinated and boostered

I hope you do ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

The whole village has covid buy all doing well. The vaccines are doing their job. Most just have cold like symptoms at worse.

Are private pcr not only for those with no symptoms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Took me about 4/5 or so. My antigen was totally negative by then, had a few weak positives in the days before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Get berocca or another multivitamin with zinc in it. It’ll help it come back faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We are a household of 4 adults, 2 in their 20's and 2 in their late 50's. Our eldest daughter was a close contact on 21st Dec and tested positive on 23rd Dec. My Oh was next with positive test on 26th Dec and then me on 28th Dec. Youngest is still clear. Whilst the timing couldn't have been worse, I have to say that none of us were very sick - it was simply like having a bad head cold or flu. I appreciate not all people will have gotten off as light as us but we are all vaccinated and and have had our boosters.

I don't know that Zipppy. It doesn't say. Off I go tomorrow anyways.

@Queried I was with my close contact on Stephens Day and tested positive on Thursday. I've a feeling I may have been the...giver....however. There would have been far more opportunities for me to pick it up than the person who first tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pureawkward

Tested positive on Saturday on 2 antigen tests (thought I messed up the first one)

Had symptoms which was the reason for the test.

Got very lucky and manged to book a pcr test in Newbridge some GAA Club grounds. Got the appointment for Sunday just gone

Got results today and came back positive no surprise.

Just a chest infection nothing to serious. Don't have a booster but I'm 28 with no underlying health conditions so wasn't expecting anything serious.

Dunno who I got it from or where but I know more people who have had it in the last month then since this began.

Fifth day of being quite unwell, antigens say no, finally got a pcr for tomorrow eve. All the neg antigens have me thinking I might have something else rather than c19. How likely is it for antigens to be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I finished up my isolation a few days ago and am mostly back to normal, however last Wednesday I did notice that my left ear was very muffled and I couldn't hear properly through it. I assumed it was just because my nose was blocked and it would clear itself up. Almost a week later and it's the same, if not worse, even though my nose is back to normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I've looked it up online and it seems that it happens in about 8% of cases, but I can't find much information about it beyond that.

I got ear drops yesterday but they don't seem to have done anything as of yet. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so hopefully it's something he can fix. I've read that you can lose some of your hearing if you get a virus, so I'm freaking out a bit but also hoping it's something as simple as a wax build up that can be cleared with flushing/a syringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Was just coming on to ask this! I’m the exact same! I’ve had symptoms the past 3 days or so, classic ‘dose’ I’d call it. But completely clear on antigens. I’m wondering have I just got a winter cold?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was like that for a few days. My first pcr was negative followed by a positive one 3 days later. I had the classic runny nose and sneezing, just like a normal cold coming on but most people with cold symptoms are testing positive. A lot of antigen tests say to swab your nostrils only but try swabbing your throat first - i did this and got a positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

@Jafin my ears are blocked as well for most of the past few days. Sometimes one or both unblock and I then realise how badly blocked they are when they are blocked

I’m still in my isolation period

Advertisement