Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d pick white over the other Color’s in fairness.

white cars are my thing unfortunately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When we ordered, I wanted black and she wanted white so we compromised and got white!!!

Andy, you wrote “we compromised” instead of “we went for white as ultimately it would mean less ear bending from herself over the duration of the car ownership”.

I assume apple auto correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

40k trade in for a SR+ 2020, 22,000kms...

That's not...terrible?

I'd say you'd do a hell of a lot better selling privately... certainly north of €45k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dunno, two years old, smaller battery, Freemont build.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

yeah, thinking now, the Freemont SR+'s will take a big depreciation hit thanks to the newer versions with all the upgrades as well as now bigger batteries....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I'd say call a few dealers I got nearly 5k more than the tesla trade in price on my 2019 M3p in November off a garage, the tesla trade in price wasn't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Hmm so the 192 M3P maintained it's value in price difference from new, was offered 55k for mine, was 63k new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I was actually expecting less. When I bought the car 2 years ago the amount they offered for my Ioniq was laughable!

I guess with a Tesla they resell themselves at a premium.

I'm only half interested in trading up if the gap between this and LR is not too much.

• Advertisement

Cheapest M3 to pop up since they appeared new.

€42k and it includes FSD.

that’s a good deal there in my opinion.

I would not be surprised if a dealer snaps this up and sells it on.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/30056749

Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all

Looking for your opinion.

Model 3 LR in inventory Tesla gave assigned to my account. Which is great but it's a 2021 model

Would you wait for a 2022 model with the possibility of getting the MCU3 among other small updates.

Im in no panic for the car so can wait till march if needed

Personally I would not touch the early Model 3 that flushes water into the boot, lovely colour though and good price, but is the €10k worth it for two years extra warranty, MIC build and larger more charging friendly batteries.....hmmmmmm

FSD is not a selling point to me

New cars due in march will have the newer AMD mcu and a few other updates if you're in no rush I'd definitely wait for a 2022 car unless it's working out cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

No doubt there'll also be update/upgrades in June also so could wait till then.... On the flip side of that you may see more bumps in price?

Tesla are not correlated when it comes to pricing, we may see a lot of improvements and a drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Thanks everyone

Im really tempted to wait.

I imagine in 3-4 years time when it's time to trade up the MCU3 models will attract a premium over the MCU2.

...and not compared to MCU4 etc etc, with Tesla there's always going to be improvements, they are constantly improving parts and features and software, vast majority without advertising it

Will they?

roughly when will the cars die in Feb/Mar leave china?

Most likely they will I'd assume if they're arriving in February they would be probably in transit at the moment

• Advertisement

so what else is included in these updated Model 3's, I've heard the 12v Acid battery is gone also

Tesla numbers are in from stats.beepbeep.ie and make interesting reading.

878 cars M3's registered in 2021 compared to 724 in 2021 an increase of 18.5%.

In that time the overall EV market has jumped 115% with 8646 EV registered in 2021 compared to 4013 in 2020. This shows there is a market there but this maybe not a priority market for Tesla.

If you look at the UK market Tesla was the 2nd best selling car overall 34,783 (increase of 40%) where as in Ireland Tesla wasn't even the best selling EV and 39th on the list overall.

If you look at this in regards population 67 million Vs 5 million and registrations if Ireland was on a par with the UK we would have 2434 registrations/deliveries when we had 878 (35% of that). Irish and UK adoption rate % have been very similar in the last year's jumped a lot in UK but this driven by Tesla, no doubt would have been the same here with a better supply

In my view the reason for this is Tesla focusing on UK for RHD due the energy crisis (in UK) and also Brexit has impacted Ireland here as instead of cars being dropped in Southampton and transported their taken to Zeebrugge and logistics are more difficult. Easier for them just to offload RHD's for UK market.

Poor form from Tesla in my view bit part acknowledgment of Irish market. Anyways there's the stats looked at from my side but also be aware I have an order in since last August and gotten diddly squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

In that time the overall EV market has jumped 115% with 8646 EV registered in 2021 compared to 4013 in 2020. This shows there is a market there but this maybe not a priority market for Tesla. If you look at the UK market Tesla was the 2nd best selling car overall 34,783 (increase of 40%) where as in Ireland Tesla wasn't even the best selling EV and 39th on the list overall.

A couple of factors at play here.

a) Almost a third of 2021 Model 3 registrations in the UK were made accounted for in December (9,612). This would have skewed the numbers.

b) A large proportion of these will be lease vehicles as drivers take advantage of salary sacrifice schemes with low benefit in kind (1% for EVs). The Irish Govt are taking the opposite approach and tapering off the BIK exemptions for EV drivers over the next 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I don't think demand is an issue, while delivering those 1000s of model 3s in the UK in December they delivered 87 in Ireland and pushed orders, including some that date back to August out to March. So they aren't even meeting the existing demand.

If there was an attractive salary sacrifice scheme we'd probably be waiting years!

Still being able to sell everything you can make isn't a bad position for them at least.

On point a I will agree with you there if there there is a massive delivery of vehicles In march for which I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the last two years the delivery in march Feb deliveries have been pretty much the same the only difference in registrations between 2020 2021 was a delivery of 200 cars in June/July time frame when there was 60 plus in 2020. Sept and December deliveries were pretty much the same.

On point b the UK government have cut grants for EVs.

I don't think salary sacrifice would be a big incentive here pretty much the same as leasing never caught on really here.

In Ireland there are grants an no road that and VRT rebates there are different incentives.

There is a clear demand for EV's here which you can see in waiting list but also the fact EV sales have jumped by 115% yet Tesla sales in Ireland only by 18%. Ireland is not being serviced to the extent the UK is.

look at Hyundai then had a direct shipment to cork in Dec of 400 + Ev's and another shipment due mid Jan so could be registering a similar amount of EV's in Jan as Tesla did in the whole of 2021.

The numberd don't lie 2nd most popular Car in the UK in 2021 39th in Ireland. UK and Ireland buying patterns are similar thats a massive difference and that in my view is down to Tesla and not lack of demand.

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

Anyone who wants an M3 in Ireland can get one - so surely the only difference between here and the Uk is:

1. our list price
    2. and the fact that the UK love cheap lease deals, which drives volume
    3. the M3 is a small 4-door saloon, which isn’t really a big market here, at all.

tesla are simply running out of buyers here, now that all the long time deposit holders and hard saving tesla-only buyers have got their cars.

Let’s see what happens in H1 this year. the entry level Tesla is €52k, still very high versus the competition, but now it’s gone from being a so-so model to arguably the pick of the litter, with the recent upgrades.

the MY will suffer the same fate - early promise as incredibly patient deposit holders get their deliveries, and then sink into niche model obscurity due to its entry level price.

That's not true, if you want an SR you can't LR you can, I'll be waiting 7 months for a color I ordered (SR).

Yet seen on forums people in UK who ordered the same spec in Dec who were expecting it in march got it delivered in Dec. The numbers don't lie. Registrations in Ireland have shown a paltry increase in 2 years compared to other countries, you rarely if at all see SR's coming up in inventory.

But not worried now I've an ioniq 5 (premium plus higher price point than M3 Sr) on the way now, good for you guys also as Tesla will stay a niche car In Ireland if they don't change something, the UK import market won't facilitate much re M3's in the future either.

What are you referencing with regards to the point Tesla are running out of buyers here.

We're only a small market here with only 2 service centers selling 800-900 cars here a year ain't too bad all over 50k as well, probably keep 2nd hand prices high too, if tesla were selling a higher volume they would need 3 or 4 more service centers. I don't think they'll be a drop in demand anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

(Not sure how to only quote the part of your comment regarding Tesla running out of buyers, sorry)

my point is simply that now that the early adopters and Tesla guys have their cars, you’re replying on Joe public for sales, and Joe public is going to find it hard to justify a €52-68k 4-door sedan, and equally Joe public isn’t a car guy and doesn’t care if his car is a Tesla or not, and probably doesn’t care about the cars propulsion system either.

the Tesla is a €52k hype car, but Joe public isn’t a hype kinda guy :)

joe public spends €29k on a Focus if he wants a 4-door saloon

• Advertisement

Minor correction, The base Tesla Model 3 is €49,746.

Advertisement