Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Having done a couple of Icon SBCs, there’s no way I’m touching one again and leaving it down to a random selection. My team is pretty good at the minute so I’m going to wait for SBCs to pop up with specific Icons that I want in my team.

Prime Torres is the dream if he pops up eventually as I’ll probably never have the coins to buy him, but I’m already thinking about getting that 90 Best, he’d be a huge upgrade on Salah and there’s 4 other positions in my 3-5-2 he could play in. Any reviews on here for him yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Honestly i dont know what has happened my Alisson, he will still not save a shot, he just stands on the spot and watches the ball go past

Currently playing a guy with Joao Felix at CB, Van Basten cant beat him

Won 4-1, Van Basten (2)

Felix as a CB, this is ai now, no usering, possession won 6 times, 5 tackles 100%, interceptions 3

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I've done the best sbc. He replaced rttk Sane on my rm slot in the 352. His dribbling is unreal. Better than anyone else in my team - ginola, mid Eusebio, Base Ronaldinho. Ball is glued to his feet. Shooting is quality but only on his right, think he is 4 Star WF but the left leg has missed a few sitters. That's the only downside I can see so far.

I'm the opposite to you though, I love a gamble icon sbc so if best had not come out first I would've done the mid icon sbc instead. Now I've no fodder - hopefully can get enough in the next week to get it done.

I remember using mid van Basten a couple of years ago and loved the card. The volleys were class. One of the few video clips I've saved were of a volley of his. Nothing amazing or anything but it was always nice seeing a Van Basten volley come off

https://imgur.com/a/P0CAjXH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ultimately, you have to make the decision yourself.

ive got coins to burn, a squad I’m very happy with, so I did it for a laugh. It’s a pure lottery and you have to go in expecting a loss.

for about 200k, I got Drogba. Not brilliant, considering he won’t replace Ronaldo. On the other hand, might fit into a funny All Icons team I could run….considering I’m losing motivation for the game quickly, an All Icon team could be funny to see reactions.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Real mixed bag for me with Best so far. I think it's cause he's a bit physically weak, or else it's cause I'm not a great dribbler.

He is brilliant, no complaints, 97 positioning, right place, right time, there are games however when he is static, i look to play the ball through and he doesnt move but 95% of the time hes terrific

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Instead of picking Rio in the icon swaps I went with the Base or Mid icon pack and got Pires, should've just stuck to the original plan 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

has anyone used Rio? I have 4 tokens so might pick him up when the next batch is release and do the 83x25 as well.

• Advertisement

Ah sure you can still get 10 more swaps and open a mid icon pack once they release the new swap objectives. And as someone said before - keep all your icons from sbc's and put together a 'fun' icon team to use at a later stage. Opening an icon pack is half the fun anyway.

I won't be going near the mid pack from swaps, I'll be full blown 83+ 82+ and 81+ packs for TOTY.

I opened it on my phone so wasn't the least bit exciting.

Played a guy in drafts who was live streaming on twitch last night. He was chatting to his watchers all the way through and saying things like 'look at this guy's team' and 'right i have to concentrate now and beat this guy (me)'. Defo made me up my game a bit. Managed to beat him 5-3.....chuffed.

My draft team was the best i've seen so far in fairness

Embarrassingly i lost my 2nd match 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Why is Rivals so much harder than FUT Champs, struggling in Div 4 to get the last 2 wins for the weekly 7.

Ah fair enough - i've never once packed a TOTY and im playing FUT since the start so i think i've given up trying. Maybe i'll look at a few of those 83+ pack openings during TOTY and see what the pack weights look like.

Rivals is still going to have people from Div 2 and 3 who haven't had the time since the new season to get themselves promoted again - that will get easier in the next week as people try to rank up again for Thursday rewards.

And as far as i know - champs matchmaking is based on form and nothing to do with your rivals division so you are playing all levels of players. Only when you put a strong run together in champs do you start playing the higher level players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

That makes sense! I will try again later. I suppose I should do my actual job for a bit now 😂 The joys of working from home.

Ah don't even start - same as myself. Meant to be prepping for a meeting and all i'm doing is prepping my club for my mid icon sbc on my phone and chatting about FUT on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I personally find Elite division in Rivals easier then FUT Champs. Finished with a 1900 or so SR last season which was top 10% of Elite. Breezed back up to Elite there last week for the new season. Every single Champs however is a struggle to get to 12 wins. Possibly because I play all my games on Friday but once I get past the first 10-12 games of Champs I know the rest are going to be torture matchmaking wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im still stuck in div 4 after the relegation too (didnt play over christmas) got 7 wins but cant put them together to get promoted.

found WL qualifying much easier this time around though.

• Advertisement

just packed vieri in the mid icon pack

FML

I hope they fix icons. It should be the case that icons are the best players on the game - even the lowest ranked icons like a Vieri, Pires, Litmanen etc should be more usable than a Nabil Fekir or a Vini Junior

Maybe they have too many versions - strip it back and make them all primes or moments. A Christian Vieri should be able to bully most defenders in the game and not have to be left in reserves.

How do ye lads get wingers in a 433 to score goals, switched to 433 (2), and cant get Sadio or Mo in to the box for goals, Keita, Etebo from midfield are doing what they're supposed to do, Van Basten is the man, just struggling with the wingers, i have them on stay forward, cut inside, get in behind, get in box for crosses

vieri is basically useless from day 1 which is a nonsense really.

im a dope for doing it to be fair.

I'd love EA to give all icons 5* weak foot, 5* skill moves and all attributes like finesse shot, flair etc. They really need to sort them out as people just don't care about them anymore unless you pack one of the top 10-20 ones. I just put 88 Pires into the last section of Best and at that Best won't be much of an upgrade if any on 85 Gelson Martins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I play them in a 4321 which makes them a LF/RF. Both are on Stay central and the rest are default instructions.

Doc is right, Icons should be the best players in the game and the card everybody wants, problem is they wont sell packs and the kids dont want them anyway, its Ronaldo 2 or its Mbappe, or its Neymar or its Messi

Agree on icons. Too many shite ones while players like Dembele and Fekir play like gods.

So I was losing a rivals game 3-2 , 20 min left, bring vieri on, he scores a perfect hattrick, header, right and left. Far more clinical than FB benzema or potm vini 🤣

• Advertisement

Me and Vidal had a falling out so I sold him.

Chiesa might be following him out the door soon.

Advertisement