Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hobby Horses of Belief (and assorted hazards)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So we could rock up to Galway and have a FSM uhh.... meetup complete with gorging on ramen noodles, and it'd be ok to park there?

Yep. We might need a declaration from Bobby Henderson to this effect when the chocolate soldiers show up. But the sign, and I presume the bye-law is quite clear, you're having a religious service?

Park away, sirs and ladies, to your hearts' desires!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Excellent!

Though, an abortion celebration by the Satanic Temple would be even more fun, what with all the heads exploding. I wonder if the Temple has an Ireland chapter....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Church of Ubuntu?

I've heard of "Linux evangelism", but...

It is the position of the COU that to receive the COVID-19/Sars Cov 2 injection consciously and deliberately with intent is in contradiction with our Constitution and contrary to our position on what is required of us by our Lord God and Creator.

Ah. Just common or garden xtian looney tunes.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know linux users think they are god but that is taking it too far.

You're only god if you have root.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Oopsie. Seems "Papa Nazi" knew about naughty priests and naturally did nothing. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/20/europe/pope-benedict-xvi-munich-abuse-report-catholic-church-intl/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Colour me not even slightly surprised.

"The brother of Benedict XVI, the former pope, has admitted slapping boys at a Catholic choir school and has been named as partly responsible for a culture of abuse at the school in Germany where at least 547 boys were victims of physical or sexual assault.

Georg Ratzinger ran the Domspatzen (cathedral sparrows) choir in Regensburg from 1964 to 1994 and said that slapping boys was common practice at the time. He denied knowledge of sexual abuse."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/georg-ratzinger-brother-of-pope-benedict-admits-abuse-jhntbmlfm

We all know Ratzo will die peacefully in his bed untouched by any law.

This seems to fit...

[Instrumental Intro]

[Verse 1]

Halls of justice painted green, money talking

Power wolves beset your door, hear them stalking

Soon you'll please their appetite they devour

Hammer of justice crushes you, overpower

[Pre-Chorus]

The ultimate in vanity

Exploiting their supremacy

I can't believe the things you say

I can't believe, I can't believe the price

You pay

[Chorus]

Nothing can save you

Justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is gone

Pulling your strings, justice is done

Seeking no truth, winning is all

Find it so grim, so true, so real

[Verse 2]

Apathy their stepping stone, so unfeeling

Hidden deep animosity, so deceiving

Through your eyes their light burns, hoping to find

Inquisition sinking you with prying minds

[Pre-Chorus]

The ultimate in vanity

You pay

[Chorus]

Nothing can save you

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]

Lady justice has been raped, truth assassin

Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in

Their money tips her scales again, make your deal

Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel

[Pre-Chorus]

The ultimate in vanity

We pay

[Chorus]

Nothing can save us

[Outro]

Michael Gove, the UK's Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (what an unintentionally great name!), and the man with the least plausible manner in all of Europe, has hit upon a solution to the latest self-lit firestorm to engulf serial arsonist, Boris Johnson.

When asked if senior members of UKGov had taken a “cavalier approach to lockdown”, Gove replied that he was sure the guilty would show contrition, for which the country would then "owe them an element of Christian forgiveness.”

Glad that one got sorted out!

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19885976.michael-gove-we-owe-christian-forgiveness-partygate-scandal/

• Advertisement

So that makes the angry voters the bad people, not the person who did the bad thing.

How convenient.

I am in complete agreement with Gove. Once the guilty have shown contrition it would the christian thing to do to forgive. To show contrition they can admit that they lied to parliament and resign from parliament with immediate effect. Not just resign as prime minister but resign as an MP.

In order to fund a gambling habit, a nun spent ten years nicking $835,000 from the school where she worked as headmistress. Following her retirement, she was found out, arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to a year in the clink, announcing that "I have sinned [...]" but in future, she intends to follow "more closely in Christ's footsteps".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60307745

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I was kind of impressed that a nun in her 70s had the skill-set to take up wire fraud and money laundering 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If there's one think I've learned from watching Hollywood movies, it's never to underestimate the determination, resourcefulness and surprising competence of nuns.

Wonder if any of them managed to get a certificate of defection?

Would that mean they'd have a catholic status of -1 instead of the expected zero?

If they wanted to join up again would they have to be baptised twice?

Yer man would've got away with it too, if it hadn't been for feckin' baptism videos. Agent Arango, we thank you for your service 😉

Funny link in that article:

The video begins with Selvig speaking to a blonde woman and a man wearing a red MAGA cap. "There's a book we've seen that's in libraries in lots of schools that features a story of two daughters having sex with their dad," Selvig explains.

"Oh wow," the woman replies. The clip then cuts to Steifler explaining the story in more detail to two women. "They get their dad drunk to have sex with him," he says. "And this is, like, a book."

"Oh my god," one of the women, who appears visibly shocked on the clip, responds. The footage cuts back to Selvig who asks the woman and the man in the MAGA hat: "Should a book like that be in a school?"

Both the man and the woman say "no" repeatedly.

"Just get that out of the school?" Selvig asks. "Absolutely," the woman replies. "Why do kids need to read that?" asks the MAGA hat man.

Guess what book they're talking about 🤣

Meanwhile, also linked from there...

In Ireland that's just "normal" 🙄

They're also either dead sexy, or male criminals on the lam.

NSFW.

• Advertisement

Transvestite nun-criminal fetish is rather niche, but YKINMKBYKIOK, as they say 😊

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Yes, but thanks to the wonderful magic that is the internet today, we live in a golden age for niche sexual fetishes.

How did we get onto this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The Burkes are back and nutty as ever.

Solicitor Ammi Burke, who is seeking her old job back at one of Ireland’s top law firms, has demanded the adjudicator appointed to hear her unfair dismissal case recuse himself – claiming he is a Labour Party “comrade” of the opposing barrister.

During the hearing Peter Ward SC told the inquiry that Ms Burke had “wittered on” for an hour making outrageous and groundless accusations. He said that he had crossed paths with the adjudicator only once and described as “specious” Ms Burke’s claim that a conflict of interest arose because both men were members of the Law Library at the same time.

And much much more in the way of bat-shít crazy allegations.

Ms Burke said she had “no confidence” in [adjudicator] Mr Baneham and that if he proceeded to hear the matter “no-one would have a real doubt as to what the outcome of the case will be” .

No harm in getting one's excuses in early, is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"A sacked solicitor’s unfair dismissal claim has been thrown out by the Workplace Relations Commission after her summons request for additional witnesses and repeated interruptions by her mother prevented the hearing from proceeding for over five hours today."

"Ammi Burke also demanded that senior counsel for the defence withdraw his remark that the Burke family was like a “travelling circus” – calling it “highly defamatory”."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sacked-solicitor-has-unfair-dismissal-case-thrown-out-amid-repeated-interruptions-by-her-mother-41512291.html

IT had a much tamer report from earlier today which said little other than that the plaintiff was said to not conform to the norms of office conduct... I didn't consider it worthy of an update here 😀

These people really are their own worst enemy! Can't help themselves with the crazy, free clue: everybody isn't conspiring against you they just think your carry on is nuts and completely inappropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

How can it be defamatory. the family literally is a travelling circus and has been for quite a while. i can't see any other employer even thinking of taking any of them on.

Advertisement