Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Is Strange: True Colors

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow....what is my favourite episode of the whole franchise.....You know what, I think it might the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit. That free prequel episode to LiS 2 managed to capture the absolute essence of a LiS game in 1 episode. I remember finding the hidden treasure and putting together the name of his comic villain, just had me speechless.

Also, the way LiS had me rooting for Max and felt Chloe was dragging me down and then BtS completely reversed my feelings on it, again, just incredible stuff.

As for Ep 3 of TC,

I only fought the wolf and end boss, thought it was class how you could avoid the fights. Although, I had found 4 coins to bribe the troll and accidentally bought troll dust not knowing what it did. Was a nice surprise :) In all of this, the acting was just amazing from all the cast. From Ryan playing multiple parts to Alex and Steph flirting with Ethan grinning at the two of them and then reading Steph's emotions before heading out. All that topped off by a scene that just had me staring at the telly wondering what to do and then thinking about how my decision will play out. All top notch stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I'm nearly finish ed chapter 3 and feel the same ,aload of **** vs 1 +2

Wavelengths DLC releases at 5pm our time tomorrow.

are people buying this ? is it good ?

iv been playing the 5 chapters on and off since release . my first game in the series . i didn't love the 3rd chapter but the end of the 4th and 5th blew me away ! i never seen it coming and i nearly always see them coming . what a game ! will defo play 1 and 2 remastered or whatever it's called whey they are released .

Yupp, i bought the upgrade today, will start either tonight or tomorrow.

• Advertisement

bought it and downloaded it there . quit out game and back in but can't see how to play it !?

You get it working Brady? I finished it, about 4 hours long and some nice moments but it was a bit lacking. No big choices, all fluff really. Some really nice throwback to the Original and Before the Storm. Some great use of Pride month and how it was dealt with on calls and memories. Overall, I think if you're interested, just watch a Youtube playthough. I think the only differences are what you choose at the very start, how the 1st game ended for you.

I was hoping for more interactions between her and other characters, hope she returns in future games.

Played over a hour this eve. Tend to echo everything you just said there . Don't think I could be arsed playing anymore just seems like a waste of my time when Iv loads to play !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished LIS:TC last night. Thought it was excellent. A fairly decent story with some great choices throughout, and well thought-out characters. The last episode was really well put together. The performance capture of characters was fantastic too, especially Alex and Steph. The little inflections in their facial performance was incredible.

Some elements dragged a bit, particularly episode 3 which was fun and a bit different, but went a bit overboard.

The entire town shut down to try a cheer up one kid, who is also the only kid in the entire town?

As for the ending and story:

Saw it coming from episode 1 that Jed was a bad guy. Poor writing to make him out to be such a lauded hero and such a good guy to Gabe and Alex that it was obvious he was always going to turn out to be the bad guy. It was handled pretty well though. Most of the town sided against me in the meeting. Took Charlotte's anger which I immediately regretted and even tried to roll back by reloading checkpoint but couldn't, so she sided against me. Then didn't take Pike's fear. Jed's son didn't side with me either, nor did Eleanor. Only Duckie and Steph backed me up. Got Jed to break in the end, but presume he would have anyway as all options seemed to lean that way. Ended up skipping town with Steph, as she wanted to leave even though she said she'd stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Finished this tonight after completely avoiding all reviews and coverage before playing it so I had no idea what to expect, other than being a big fan of the previous games in the series. I really enjoyed it. Way better than LIS2 and up there with the original and BTS, I'd find it hard to choose a favourite.

Everyone sided with me in the final meeting other than Eleanor. I wasn't sure what I did to annoy her as I thought I'd been super helpful, but it turns out after googling it was the fact I didn't tell her Gabe had died, which led to her not coming to the funeral and Riley realising she had dementia, which Eleanor then blamed me for. I thought Riley just found out because of the stack of medical letters in the flower shop!

Anyway, aside from that it did feel like I had fewer meaningful choices to really think about compared to previous games. It seems the culmination of all your choices is just who sides with you in that final meeting, and then Jed breaks down anyway so it ultimately doesn't really matter? I went touring with Steph afterwards, which felt like the only reasonable thing to do rather than forcing her to stay in town again, though the game seemed to kind of be pushing me towards staying. The end scene after making that choice was pretty short and inconsequential compared to the picture Gabe painted of what staying in Haven might look like before it.

But overall it was a compelling story, wonderful setting and extremely well realised characters with great writing, acting and animation. Even characters who weren't too central to the plot like Duckie were great, and it was always a pleasure just exploring the town and interacting with everyone. I really enjoyed the LARP section too though I can understand it's not for everyone, and the main plotline with Typhon kept me motivated to keep pushing throughout. And of course the music and tone were absolutely spot on all the way through.

Next up is the Wavelengths DLC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

Yeah it was defitnely about as enjoyable as 1 and BTS , I didn't enjoy 2 at all , it was a chore to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Wavelengths DLC was disappointing to be honest. Felt like there was a lot of pointless busywork and filler which is something that I never felt with the main game. It had its moments with some fresh perspectives on the consequences of LIS1 choices and Steph is a great character but I think it was a bit of a wasted opportunity on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This is coming to Game Pass for Xbox, PC and Cloud on the 12th of April.

Played chapter 1 last night, already enjoying more than LIS 2 or Tell Me Why. Bit of a shocker there at the end. Wow.

Up to chapter 4 now, certainly feels shorter than the other games but it doesn't feel like a bad thing. The story seems pretty straight forward for now but it's kept me engaged and wanting to play it unlike some of the other games which had me rolling my eyes and thinking ffs get on with it a few times. The larp and festival were great and better than a lot of stuff in previous games and the characters are likable enough.

Honestly for now I think Deck Nine have made a better Life is Strange game than Don't Nod.

Before the Storm was definitely better than LiS 2, Deck Nine were a great fit for the franchise.

Was not expecting a Violent Femmes cover from Alex and Steph. Wow TUNE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just rolled credits on chapter 5. Found this so much better than life is Strange 2 where I spent more time trying to make sure the younger brother doesn't go psycho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I know the series is a bit cringey but the LARP section in chapter 3 is taking me days to get through as I can only take so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

That was a real marmite chapter. Dome loved it but I really hated it tbh, but loved the rest of the game so well worth powering through

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I enjoyed that chapter more just because it was something a bit different and a bit of variety, even though the implementation and writing of it was pretty awful.

I have no interest in actual LARP but chapter 3 was one of my favourite gaming moments of that year. They nailed the cheesiness, the kids story and above all else, Alex and Steph's interaction her shop, which only some people would have seen depending on choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The LARP thing I just couldn't get past the guy doing wolf noises and how stiff it all felt. The premise of it reminded me of Fable 3 when you get shrunk down into essentially a D&D game.

Finished this tonight, the last 2 Chapters felt short though I believe they were aiming for a more compact game. How it all gets resolved just felt very sudden as what seemed insurmountable early on ends up being resolved at a pub in front of 10 people but I just didn't like the curveball that you get at the end of Chapter 4 after going back to the mine & the stuff with her Dad was too convenient to throw in late on like that. It was better than LIS Season 2 just barely but I expected more for what was a full priced game at launch. Still haven't topped Season 1 imo even though Before the Storm came closest. The rewind mechanic is easily the best power and the main ingredients of the series as a whole still can be traced back to Arcadia Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorothyramey

Did anyone else cry near the end of chapter 4?

Advertisement