Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This is definitely the way to go about it.

I always found the LAM and RAM too uninvolved and out too wide no matter what I did instructions wise. In a 4-2-3-1 for example, the striker is waaaaay too isolated for me and it was almost impossible to keep the ball when I would get the ball to the ST as he was often surrounded by 2 CDM's and 2 CB's.

Moving to the 4-3-2-1 with the LF and RF on stay central has made a massive difference and I score so many more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Regarding getting Salah and Mane more involved and more goals, I didnt switch to 4321 but i did bring my offensive width into 32, and dropped get in behind, and it seems to have worked, in my last 5 games, Salah has 6 and Mane 5, with Van Basten on 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What instructions do you give the striker? Stay forward also? Looking for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stay forward , everything else as default.

I imagine we're both using the exact same tactics

Think i got mine from this video. I haven't looked to change the instructions since patch updates as its still playing brilliantly for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got Roy Keane in the mid icon pack ffs, already did his SBC. Shearer, Henry and Keane for me in my three, 3 premier league legends but not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I packed prime Torres a few days ago from a standard pack. Found him pretty good. Never packed an icon from just a pack before!

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There's a headliner Barella coming, I think I'm going to want that.

I am considering selling my TOTGS Chiesa, IF Barella, RTTK Tonali and picking up Cordoba, Milinkovic-Savic, RB Kessie and this headliner Barella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Didn't login for I'd say 9-10 days. Tried 4 of those 81+ double upgrades and got Kante and Ronaldo 😂

I refuse to believe that's a coincidence. Ronaldo doesn't seem as good as previous games though. Tried that Icon upgrade too and got mid Ashley Cole which is utterly useless. Though there is something clearly wrong with the game when mid Cole is worse than Gold Ferland Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Cannot Buy a win in champs playoffs. Opponents seem to be able to just cut me apart today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cordoba is deadly, have changed my team around (again) and going with this:

• Advertisement

I'm using mid Cole and found him miles better than Mendy. I used to find Mendy over at the sidelines or up front scratching his nuts while Cole is tearing back or putting in last ditch tackles. I ended up throwing mendy into an SBC i think once he dropped way down in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Has anyone got anything consistently good from the preview packs? Best I got was 87 Marquinhos, no promo cards or heavens forbid an Icon - get the odd 80+ card but mainly has been 78s and lower

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I just opened mine there and got headliner Candreva, only worth 13k but worth buying the pack. I’ve also packed WW Collins and sold him on for 50k. Apart from that, zilch!!

Rarely ever see even an 83 in the preview packs.

In the 25k preview pack for me is Ilicic.

Azpilicueta in mine, I never get anything in them packs, 25k is a rip-off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Mid icon pack. Cant believe it.

That's unreal Bunny! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

That's the first icon pack I've done this game. I only did it because my team was set and I had lots of fodder. Eusebio and R9 up front, I await the abuse I'm gonna get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im just guessing here, but i deleted and restarted my team last fifa and got the name Rio Cuarta, im seeing a few of these names popping up, also Santa Fe, and they are way better then me with lesser rated players

Am i right in thinking these might be restarts?

• Advertisement

Did about 20 of the 81+ upgrades and got Sancho and Navas, happy enough will be useful for some SBCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I got RTTK Tonali from one. Aside from that it's been all crap.

Tradeable headliners VVD in my rivals rewards, best ever!

600k baby, will have 1 million coins to spend now, Cordoba top of the shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Rivals rewards were truly awful. From a jumbo rare players and a rare players pack i got 1 x84 rated and the rest were 83 and below.

But i ended up putting everything i got into 81+ sbc - did about 10 of them and got the below

87 Sczezny (close enough)

87 Immobile

87 Sancho

85 headliners candreva

few more 85s

So not too bad in the end as it allowed me to complete another squad in the mid icon sbc - 1 left to do.

On Vieiri he came off the bench last night and scored another 2, he might be rubbish but he is a beast in the air and can finish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

At least you're using him and having fun from what it sounds like.

what else can you do, if he keeps scoring headers from corners he will keep getting brought on!

Same with me for mid Veron, he’s a beast for scoring long range shots so I bring him on around 60 mins and he does the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Can't emphasise enough how good, and fun, POTM Vinicius Jr is.

The highest I can get him on is 8 chem and he is running riot for me.

I completely rinsed my club of fodder and coins to do him, so I'm delighted it paid off.

I think he's available for another day or two and would highly recommend him.

I'm enjoying RTTK Politano as RF still, but to change things up a bit I might try and get the Best SBC done over the next few weeks.

Has anyone done him yet and what are your thoughts? The workrates and stamina are putting me off a bit.

• Advertisement

I did Best. I play him at right ST with Politano as left ST, with Di Natale at CAM behind them.

He's good, but because I am not an amazing dribbler I don't get the best out of him (excuse the pun). If you can dribble properly he'll run riot for you.

His stamina is crap, you will need to sub him off at 60/70 mins.

I would say when I bought Di Natale I felt the jump in quality from what I had before was much bigger than what I felt with Best.

Advertisement